LampizatOr's new amp - solid state!

findog

Apr 29, 2019
www.tinyurl.com
Just wanted to share impressions of my new LampizatOr Pacific solid state amp. Yep, you read that right, solid state. The amp is a wonderful addition replacing a pair of mono Melody 845 tube amps. I was lucky enough to receive one of the demos before official release. It is the brainchild of Taras, LampizatOr’s North American technician, and Fred and Berto, the N.A. reps. I was a little worried that replacing the low watt tube amps with a solid state one might lose some warmth that I enjoyed but that has not been the case so far. Before I get into too many specifics, my other system components remain the same: mac mini ? ethernet? NUC? LampizatOr Atlantic Plus DAC with tube rectifier & superclocks? Pacific amp? Triode Wire Labs speaker cables? Vapor über Aurora speakers with Jupiter caps, Dueland resistors, and Jensen inductors. My room is rather small: 12’ by 13’ in an early 19th century brick rowhome in Philly. My system always sounded good but the Pacific lets the Vapors sing with newfound strength and passion. I heard the Vapors liked a little more power than the Melody’s 22 wpc could offer and it’s true. The Melody amps provided a natural and well-presented soundstage but the Pacific takes you into the studio/concert hall. The whole presence is more 3-D without sounding clinical. The instruments are finely detailed but integrated into a presentation that allows me to listen for hours.

The Pacific amp is rated at 300 wpc, class A/B, heavily class A biased with no global feedback, weighs about 50 pounds with dimensions of 19” x 15.5” x 8”. I listen to mainly rock n’ roll (classic, indie, punk, old school r&b, funk), electronica (Kraftwerk, Four Tet, Moby, etc.), jazz (bop, hard bop, fusion), folk, blues, some classical; the whole gamut.

Here are some impressions what the Pacific brings to several of my favorite songs.

“Misery is the River of the World” - Tom Waits: Waits’ gravely voice is right in front of my face, the chimes, gong, rattles, metal clang take on more weight and presence than ever. The bass drum reverberates. The whole song stays with you and made me as giddy as a 8-year old with all afternoon to play Fortnite.

“Collarbone” - Fujiya & Miyagi: the song starts with the bass and the Pacific bounces this right off you, with the crispness of the strokes of the guitar strings and the breathy vocals.

“White Winter Hymnal” - Fleet Foxes: the reverb from the voices linger more, and when the bass drum kicks in the instruments are right next and in front of me.

“Moonlight Mile” - Stones: really make out the individual strings of the guitar, the cymbals crash harder, Mick’s voice wavers more than I remember. When those strings kick in with Charlie’s drum fills, the emotion conveyed through the Pacific is quite rich and exquisite.

“Four Gardens” - Julia Holter: new classical trained instrumentalist that creates finely crafted pop songs. The layering of her voice can be found at different heights around the speakes, the brass instruments weave in and out, the bass drum gives the stage a deepness, and the clarinet is sharp, as the synthesizer drone has a richness that accents her fragile voice.

“Walking Dark” - Phronesis: wonderful jazz trio from Europe. The piano hangs in space right in front, The drum sticks on the edge of the kit clear and crisp. The bass is deep but not boomy and is right where it should be as the foundation of the song. The Pacific lets you know that jazz can rock out as hard and intense as any metal or punk.

Just like my LampizatOr DACs I have had starting from a Level 4 several years ago, the Pacific amp is powerful enough to create a truly visceral experience; a huge soundstage but without sacrificing any of the natural tones and clarity of the music. If you’re looking for a new amp, I recommend you give it a try.

The specs are below:

LampizatOr Solid State Amplifier
  • Lampizator original ladder/discrete relay-controlled volume control
  • Four pairs of inputs, each allows custom configuration and naming
  • OLED graphical display with large font and automatic dimming
  • Large toroidal power transformers engineered above specs to allow smooth and cold operation and monumental bass
  • Top quality large filter capacitors chosen after years of testing and experiments
  • No total feedback design. Carefully designed local feedback for natural and dynamic sound.
  • Unique mirror amplification topology with extreme level of PSR
  • Unique load-neutral lateral MOSFET output stage
  • Ultra-Precision DC servo
  • Proved after 10 years of testing speaker protection and delayed start circuit
  • Soft clipping and decaying harmonic distortion spectrum
  • Top audiophile quality connectors and terminals

• Continuous output power 300W (500W version possible)
  • Peak Output Power 600W into 4 ?
  • Bandwidth 2 Hz – 100 kHz (+/- 3dB)
  • THD at continuous power 20 Hz to 20 kHz: 0.005% at max input
  • Input sensitivity 0.5 Vrms
  • Input impedance 32 k? min
  • Signal-to-noise ratio -100 dB, 20 Hz to 20 kHz
  • Voltage gain 38 dB max
  • Volume control 64 dB range, 1 dB steps
  • AC Power Requirements 100-120V, 220-240V, 50-60 Hz

IMG_3181.jpg

findog

Apr 29, 2019
www.tinyurl.com

LampiNA

Jun 30, 2015
Jason,

A big thank you for taking the time to pen your thoughts on our first solid state product. You do a really wonderful job of communicating it's virtues--it's a heck of a piece and truly among the very best amps (regardless of topology) I've experienced.

I know it will bring you years of satisfaction and I've gotta make a trip out there to hear it in it's new home!

F.

Reactions: findog

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
Just wanted to share impressions of my new LampizatOr Pacific solid state amp. Yep, you read that right, solid state. The amp is a wonderful addition replacing a pair of mono Melody 845 tube amps. I was lucky enough to receive one of the demos before official release. It is the brainchild of Taras, LampizatOr’s North American technician, and Fred and Berto, the N.A. reps. I was a little worried that replacing the low watt tube amps with a solid state one might lose some warmth that I enjoyed but that has not been the case so far. Before I get into too many specifics, my other system components remain the same: mac mini ? ethernet? NUC? LampizatOr Atlantic Plus DAC with tube rectifier & superclocks? Pacific amp? Triode Wire Labs speaker cables? Vapor über Aurora speakers with Jupiter caps, Dueland resistors, and Jensen inductors. My room is rather small: 12’ by 13’ in an early 19th century brick rowhome in Philly. My system always sounded good but the Pacific lets the Vapors sing with newfound strength and passion. I heard the Vapors liked a little more power than the Melody’s 22 wpc could offer and it’s true. The Melody amps provided a natural and well-presented soundstage but the Pacific takes you into the studio/concert hall. The whole presence is more 3-D without sounding clinical. The instruments are finely detailed but integrated into a presentation that allows me to listen for hours.

The Pacific amp is rated at 300 wpc, class A/B, heavily class A biased with no global feedback, weighs about 50 pounds with dimensions of 19” x 15.5” x 8”. I listen to mainly rock n’ roll (classic, indie, punk, old school r&b, funk), electronica (Kraftwerk, Four Tet, Moby, etc.), jazz (bop, hard bop, fusion), folk, blues, some classical; the whole gamut.

Here are some impressions what the Pacific brings to several of my favorite songs.

“Misery is the River of the World” - Tom Waits: Waits’ gravely voice is right in front of my face, the chimes, gong, rattles, metal clang take on more weight and presence than ever. The bass drum reverberates. The whole song stays with you and made me as giddy as a 8-year old with all afternoon to play Fortnite.

“Collarbone” - Fujiya & Miyagi: the song starts with the bass and the Pacific bounces this right off you, with the crispness of the strokes of the guitar strings and the breathy vocals.

“White Winter Hymnal” - Fleet Foxes: the reverb from the voices linger more, and when the bass drum kicks in the instruments are right next and in front of me.

“Moonlight Mile” - Stones: really make out the individual strings of the guitar, the cymbals crash harder, Mick’s voice wavers more than I remember. When those strings kick in with Charlie’s drum fills, the emotion conveyed through the Pacific is quite rich and exquisite.

“Four Gardens” - Julia Holter: new classical trained instrumentalist that creates finely crafted pop songs. The layering of her voice can be found at different heights around the speakes, the brass instruments weave in and out, the bass drum gives the stage a deepness, and the clarinet is sharp, as the synthesizer drone has a richness that accents her fragile voice.

“Walking Dark” - Phronesis: wonderful jazz trio from Europe. The piano hangs in space right in front, The drum sticks on the edge of the kit clear and crisp. The bass is deep but not boomy and is right where it should be as the foundation of the song. The Pacific lets you know that jazz can rock out as hard and intense as any metal or punk.

Just like my LampizatOr DACs I have had starting from a Level 4 several years ago, the Pacific amp is powerful enough to create a truly visceral experience; a huge soundstage but without sacrificing any of the natural tones and clarity of the music. If you’re looking for a new amp, I recommend you give it a try.

The specs are below:

LampizatOr Solid State Amplifier
  • Lampizator original ladder/discrete relay-controlled volume control
  • Four pairs of inputs, each allows custom configuration and naming
  • OLED graphical display with large font and automatic dimming
  • Large toroidal power transformers engineered above specs to allow smooth and cold operation and monumental bass
  • Top quality large filter capacitors chosen after years of testing and experiments
  • No total feedback design. Carefully designed local feedback for natural and dynamic sound.
  • Unique mirror amplification topology with extreme level of PSR
  • Unique load-neutral lateral MOSFET output stage
  • Ultra-Precision DC servo
  • Proved after 10 years of testing speaker protection and delayed start circuit
  • Soft clipping and decaying harmonic distortion spectrum
  • Top audiophile quality connectors and terminals

• Continuous output power 300W (500W version possible)
  • Peak Output Power 600W into 4 ?
  • Bandwidth 2 Hz – 100 kHz (+/- 3dB)
  • THD at continuous power 20 Hz to 20 kHz: 0.005% at max input
  • Input sensitivity 0.5 Vrms
  • Input impedance 32 k? min
  • Signal-to-noise ratio -100 dB, 20 Hz to 20 kHz
  • Voltage gain 38 dB max
  • Volume control 64 dB range, 1 dB steps
  • AC Power Requirements 100-120V, 220-240V, 50-60 Hz

View attachment 51146
Hello findog,

Thanks a lot for your report!

Is this new Lampizator Pacific solid-state amplifier a power-amp with volume control or an integrated amp?
If it's a former, can the volume pot be bypassed?
If it's a latter, I hope that Lampizator can have a pure power-amp version.

Also, you mentioned that there is a 500W model. Is it a monoblock version?

Last but not least, would you please take and post close-up photos of its front and back?

Many thanks again!

LampiNA

Jun 30, 2015
This is indeed a new LampizatOr product.

The volume control can indeed be bypassed which is one of the beauties of it. We do not use pots but an r2r volume control. Monoblocks will follow in the near future.

Attachments

• 43678718_10217904518108104_6134792888875220992_o.jpg
    43678718_10217904518108104_6134792888875220992_o.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 91
  • 43709513_10217904517788096_9069602131664699392_o.jpg
    43709513_10217904517788096_9069602131664699392_o.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 88
  • 44702797_10217912015495534_5454225393491902464_o.jpg
    44702797_10217912015495534_5454225393491902464_o.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 92
  • 44783390_10217909220025649_269904442189414400_n.jpg
    44783390_10217909220025649_269904442189414400_n.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 85

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong

The volume control can indeed be bypassed which is one of the beauties of it. We do not use pots but an r2r volume control. Monoblocks will follow in the near future.
Hello Lukasz,
Many thanks for your quick reply!

Are there any pbotos of its back?
Are there xlr balanced inputs?
Can the display be shut down are put in sleep mode during music playback?
Will it be demoed at the Munich Show this month?

Sorry for asking for so many questions.
Many thanks in advance!

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Hello Lukasz,
Many thanks for your quick reply!

Are there any pbotos of its back?
Are there xlr balanced inputs?
Can the display be shut down are put in sleep mode during music playback?
Will it be demoed at the Munich Show this month?

Sorry for asking for so many questions.
Many thanks in advance!

That's not Lukasz. It is the US distributor

Reactions: Alrainbow

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010
Greer South Carolina (USA)

Wow! Never thought we'd see an SS product from you; this is very exciting news! I have 2 close friends who have your amps and one who has had multiple DACs from you including the latest (Pacific); the setups always sound wonderful!

Will you be in Munich later this week?

Reactions: christoph

LampiNA

Jun 30, 2015
Sorry for the late replies. I've been on the road a bit.

I'm attaching a sneak peak at the internals and the rear panel. Keep in mind the rear panel is not printed yet and will look cleaner in final production, but you can expect the same quality RCAs and speaker connectors.

XLR inputs *may* be coming, we've got some things up our sleeve which should be exciting. Monoblocks are also in our future.

SCAudiophile,

Yes--this was a passion project between Lukasz and his best friend Taras that evolved into something too good not to bring to market. Although we (LampizatOr) will be making an appearance at Munich, Jadis will be handling amplification. That said it will be a stunning room with our new partners from Audionec. We will be making an a formal announcement shortly regarding bringing these fantastic and unique speakers to North America.

Audio.bill,

We are trying to keep the pricing at around 16,000E. It may go up slightly when all is said and done, but it should definitely remain below 20,000E where we perceive a need in the market for a truly special solid state integrated capable of driving demanding loudspeakers.

Attachments

• 20181024_202837.jpg
    20181024_202837.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 77
  • 20181026_120613.jpg
    20181026_120613.jpg
    422.4 KB · Views: 80

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
Sorry for the late replies. I've been on the road a bit.

I'm attaching a sneak peak at the internals and the rear panel. Keep in mind the rear panel is not printed yet and will look cleaner in final production, but you can expect the same quality RCAs and speaker connectors.

XLR inputs *may* be coming, we've got some things up our sleeve which should be exciting. Monoblocks are also in our future.

SCAudiophile,

Yes--this was a passion project between Lukasz and his best friend Taras that evolved into something too good not to bring to market. Although we (LampizatOr) will be making an appearance at Munich, Jadis will be handling amplification. That said it will be a stunning room with our new partners from Audionec. We will be making an a formal announcement shortly regarding bringing these fantastic and unique speakers to North America.

Audio.bill,

We are trying to keep the pricing at around 16,000E. It may go up slightly when all is said and done, but it should definitely remain below 20,000E where we perceive a need in the market for a truly special solid state integrated capable of driving demanding loudspeakers.
Very attractive!
The pricing is spot on too. Many of us want a high quality ss poweramp at this price level.

I hope that there is a sole-poweramp version without the multiple inputs but with both rca & xlr inputs.
The price may then be a bit lower and the interior more neat and tidy.
Thanks a lot!
:)

sujay

Member Sponsor
May 5, 2012
Singapore
It’s incredible where we are now with this brand considering Lampizator has mostly been perceived as a ‘value product’ in high end audio. At 16k euro, it is not, in my view, irrespective of sound quality, assuming it will be top shelf. The Luxman 900u is cheaper and I dare say, Sonics apart ( as we don’t know at the moment) in sheer build quality, the lampi, at least from the images here, doesn’t look anywhere close to the Luxman.

wil

Jul 22, 2015

Is this the same TAIV VC-04 volume control that's found on the Pacific DAC?

And could you tell is a little about how the 04 compares to the 03? Thanks

Baumel324

Jun 5, 2022
It’s incredible where we are now with this brand considering Lampizator has mostly been perceived as a ‘value product’ in high end audio. At 16k euro, it is not, in my view, irrespective of sound quality, assuming it will be top shelf. The Luxman 900u is cheaper and I dare say, Sonics apart ( as we don’t know at the moment) in sheer build quality, the lampi, at least from the images here, doesn’t look anywhere close to the Luxman.
To my opninion Luxman does not look better
It has more industrial look which I myself don't like.
In terms of sound, I heard few luxman amps and i did not like the way they sound. I prefer lampi gear much better

Reactions: LampiNA and findog

findog

Apr 29, 2019
www.tinyurl.com
I have had the Lampi solid state amp for over 2 years now and can say I feel no need to upgrade tray part of my system. Still extremely happy with it.

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
No global feed back ? does this put this at dart zeel territory ?
lets see how fast replies come
! i like taras a good man knows his stuff and some.

findog

Apr 29, 2019
www.tinyurl.com
I think there’s only one: Pacific.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing