Lampizator Valve / Tube Rolling Review Thread

Zero000

Jul 28, 2014
Tubes/valves essentially sussed 100 years ago?

Yes.

Cunningham CX-345. Low light mid-priced mobile pic taken 2 minutes ago.

Lest we forget.

I just love owning things like this. It's a privilege to be able to listen to them I think.

This pair is low hours on new spec. Nice.

Attachments

• IMG_20190218_203900.jpg
    IMG_20190218_203900.jpg
    921.3 KB · Views: 15

Trab

Apr 3, 2017
Cracow / Poland
Tubes/valves essentially sussed 100 years ago?

Yes.

Cunningham CX-345. Low light mid-priced mobile pic taken 2 minutes ago.

Lest we forget.

I just love owning things like this. It's a privilege to be able to listen to them I think.

This pair is low hours on new spec. Nice.

What a nice coincident ! :)

I’m waiting for my quad of 45 ST shape from 1930-40, soon to be delivered.

There is this strong and positive feedback from people using 45-245-345, mostly in amplifiers of course. They point out their magical midrange. The weakness is the low power, only 1,5-2W. But in Lampi low power should only be an advantage. I’m happy I will try this tube.
Absolutely, there is some transcendent pleasure to use, to hear music from tubes that have their own long story based deep in grandparents World.

What are your first impressions ?

Trab

Apr 3, 2017
Cracow / Poland
I have them and RCA 245 as well.

No, not again.

Wisnon, you are a tube hunter. You have them all !
You have most desirable old rectis, old 45's and probably much, much more.

Tube hunting should be prohibited for you. You buy old tubes, clean the ebay market, and than you use current production !

;)

Last edited:

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London

There is this strong and positive feedback from people using 45-245-345, mostly in amplifiers of course. They point out their magical midrange. The weakness is the low power, only 1,5-2W. But in Lampi low power should only be an advantage. I’m happy I will try this tube.
Absolutely, there is some transcendent pleasure to use, to hear music from tubes that have their own long story based deep in grandparents World.

I have never heard any of the standard 45s including the old ones work well in Lampi. The Lampi EML 45 really works well in some systems with the Lampi. On the other hand, the normal 45s work better in preamps and power amps than the Lampi EML 45, and that is because the solid plate ones have a lower noise floor, which seems to be helping the amplification more, leading to more nuances, such as higher inflections in violin or piano.

Reactions: gian60 and Blue58

Golum

Jun 7, 2018
Lausanne, CH

Trab

Apr 3, 2017
Cracow / Poland
I have never heard any of the standard 45s including the old ones work well in Lampi.

That is a bad news. :(

Have a little hope for a different experience. :)

Last edited:

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
That is a bad news. :(

Have a little hope for a different experience. :)

Justin will tell you to the contrary but younger ears matter

Reactions: gian60 and dctom

Golum

Jun 7, 2018
Lausanne, CH

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011

Yes, its all about the midrange. The 245 and 345 are from 1919 to early 1920.

Golum

Jun 7, 2018
Lausanne, CH
Had them years ago, Big 7 days...long time no use.
The Time is Now - to shake them a bit before they go to sleep for another 100 years ;-)

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
No, not again.

Wisnon, you are a tube hunter. You have them all !
You have most desirable old rectis, old 45's and probably much, much more.

Tube hunting should be prohibited for you. You buy old tubes, clean the ebay market, and than you use current production !

;)
I had a tube barn near me that had all these treasure. Unfortunately, last time I went there he was liquidating and junking stuff as he was about to retire.,.Sigh!

Blue58

Jan 20, 2013
London, UK
I have never heard any of the standard 45s including the old ones work well in Lampi. The Lampi EML 45 really works well in some systems with the Lampi. On the other hand, the normal 45s work better in preamps and power amps than the Lampi EML 45, and that is because the solid plate ones have a lower noise floor, which seems to be helping the amplification more, leading to more nuances, such as higher inflections in violin or piano.
Only a matter of time before we see the 46 being used in the Lampi.

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
Only a matter of time before we see the 46 being used in the Lampi.
Now that would be interesting.
What socket does the 46 tube use?

Blue58

Jan 20, 2013
London, UK
Reactions: christoph

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
For intimate female vocals, the vintage 45s are nearly unbeatable.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing