Lampizator announcement: launch of our all new TOTL HORIZON DAC

Sampajanna

Apr 1, 2021
Any comparisons with the TS VT-99?

dminches

Oct 22, 2011

yes. I preferred the 6SN7. It would be worth checking again but i have other tubes I’d like to try first.

Reactions: christoph

Sampajanna

Apr 1, 2021
Im sailing the Pacific on my way to the Horizon…..

pun away :)

thomask

Dec 9, 2018
Washington State, US
I have both TS BGRP and TS vt99 tubes.

TS Bgrp sounds very sharp and detailed while TS vt99 sounds full and warm but detailed.

Unless you try them in your system, you never know which one you prefer.

In my case, I take turns in tubes depending on my mood and music.

It is like tasting different kind of wines depending on your mood and main food. :cool:

Reactions: Sampajanna

Golum

Jun 7, 2018
Lausanne, CH
My guess is that had it not been for golum and Dminches there would be a better supply of tubes in the world :eek: Both of you give great advice as it has certainly made for a better listening experience in my room but damn, you guys are costing all of us $$$$:rolleyes:
Sharing is caring :)

Sampajanna

Apr 1, 2021
I have both TS BGRP and TS vt99 tubes.

TS Bgrp sounds very sharp and detailed while TS vt99 sounds full and warm but detailed.

Unless you try them in your system, you never know which one you prefer.

In my case, I take turns in tubes depending on my mood and music.

It is like tasting different kind of wines depending on your mood and main food. :cool:
That is why Lampi dacs are the best. You can change flavors. Truly a tube rolling paradise. Im not a change flavors each time I sit down kind of guy; i like to get to know tubes, but changing every so often is glorious—bringing out new aspects of enjoyment and music, opening doors into emotions and sonic journeys that only certain tubes can provide. Joy and more joy!!!

Golum

Jun 7, 2018
Lausanne, CH
That is why Lampi dacs are the best. You can change flavors. Truly a tube rolling paradise. Im not a change flavors each time I sit down kind of guy; i like to get to know tubes, but changing every so often is glorious—bringing out new aspects of enjoyment and music, opening doors into emotions and sonic journeys that only certain tubes can provide. Joy and more joy!!!
You're my man :cool:

marslo

VIP/Donor
May 2, 2014
Poland

Lukasz "Lampizator" Fikus

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jan 29, 2020
this short notice is to inform, that we decided the definite tube compliment for the horizon DAC for ALL CURRENTLY ENROLLED CUSTOMERS in the queue and it will be:
Input triode 6SN7BE-Psvane Blue Ball
Output driver JJ-KT88 (Slovak Republic)
Rectifier Emission Labs MESH 274B (Czech Republic)
We will try to not change that list for minimum 6 month to a year.
This combination is consistent, repeatable, obtainable, and produces hallucinogenic cloud of sound. What Horizon is all about.

Sampajanna

Apr 1, 2021
Listen, I will be the first one on here when My Horizon arrives with my foot in my mouth, but this Pacific sure is a "hallucinogenic cloud of sound." I still cannot fathom the Horizon....

Whbgarrett

Oct 7, 2019
Listen, I will be the first one on here when My Horizon arrives with my foot in my mouth, but this Pacific sure is a "hallucinogenic cloud of sound." I still cannot fathom the Horizon....
Given your avatar and the descriptor being used by you and Lukasz, I will put it this way: It's like when you went to your first x number of shows, and thought you knew what the band was capable of and how incredible they were, and then you went to [insert next level epiphany show here] and realized that you had severely underestimated what the band was capable of :cool:

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
As good as the Pacific is, the Horizon is just even better ;)
You're in for a treat :D:cool:

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
As good as the Pacific is, the Horizon is just even better ;)
You're in for a treat :D:cool:
totally agree. When I had my Pacific and knew about the Horizon I kept asking Fred how could the Horizon better the Pacific. As Christoph said, you’re in for a treat.

Sampajanna

Apr 1, 2021
Given your avatar and the descriptor being used by you and Lukasz, I will put it this way: It's like when you went to your first x number of shows, and thought you knew what the band was capable of and how incredible they were, and then you went to [insert next level epiphany show here] and realized that you had severely underestimated what the band was capable of :cool:
Good analogy! I know exactly what that is like. The "What?! Diid that just happen factor." Hampton. October 9, 1989...

Whbgarrett

Oct 7, 2019
Good analogy! I know exactly what that is like. The "What?! Diid that just happen factor." Hampton. October 9, 1989...
Funny, cuz I was at the Formerly the Warlocks shows, and thought about citing 10/9/89 in my post, but everyone’s references are personal (like tubes). Case and point, my wife and I just went to Shoreline earlier this week, we thought the first night was exceptional and the second night a bit of a phone it in recovery show, but others had the opposite preference. In Boulder for the next two nights and looking forward to the fun.

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
Funny, cuz I was at the Formerly the Warlocks shows, and thought about citing 10/9/89 in my post, but everyone’s references are personal (like tubes). Case and point, my wife and I just went to Shoreline earlier this week, we thought the first night was exceptional and the second night a bit of a phone it in recovery show, but others had the opposite preference. In Boulder for the next two nights and looking forward to the fun.
1/10/79. 15th row center. Purple lights on audience. Dark Star.

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
totally agree. When I had my Pacific and knew about the Horizon I kept asking Fred how could the Horizon better the Pacific. As Christoph said, you’re in for a treat.
I also thought the Pacific can't be bettered.
Until I heard the Horizon :p

rau

Aug 6, 2015
Wisconsin
I'm liking these or 807 most

Attachments

• 6EE07D15-86AD-4B66-B88E-D5BABF30D02C.jpeg
    6EE07D15-86AD-4B66-B88E-D5BABF30D02C.jpeg
    602.2 KB · Views: 29
  • 092FB840-1A50-4376-87F7-02C5598DF767.jpeg
    092FB840-1A50-4376-87F7-02C5598DF767.jpeg
    455.3 KB · Views: 29
Reactions: christoph

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing