Lampizator announcement: launch of our all new TOTL HORIZON DAC

astrotoy

VIP/Donor
May 24, 2010
SF Bay Area
I got it unpacked. However, I'm going to have to wait for my son-in-law to help me move it into position, after taking out the Pacific. The TOTL Horizon is HEAVY, especially for someone my age. Larry

Reactions: shadowlight

jbrrp1

Aug 3, 2020
I got it unpacked. However, I'm going to have to wait for my son-in-law to help me move it into position, after taking out the Pacific. The TOTL Horizon is HEAVY, especially for someone my age. Larry
Looking forward to your impressions!

I've always said that I'll have to back out of the audio game once I can no longer heft the pieces around, but as that circumstance is starting to get within sight I'm now thinking that I'll have to hire a son (although my daughter is pretty good at helping!).

Reactions: Alrainbow

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Looking forward to your impressions!

I've always said that I'll have to back out of the audio game once I can no longer heft the pieces around, but as that circumstance is starting to get within sight I'm now thinking that I'll have to hire a son (although my daughter is pretty good at helping!).
My wife and I lifted mine into its rack. It’s not that bad

astrotoy

VIP/Donor
May 24, 2010
SF Bay Area
My wife and I lifted mine into its rack. It’s not that bad
Steve, you and your wife are stronger than we are! Fortunately, my son-in-law is coming by tomorrow. I got the duracell - really nice looking. Larry

Reactions: christoph

mr.gregdee

Oct 3, 2016
E.Sussex ,UK
gpoint-audio.com
Reactions: Steve Williams

astrotoy

VIP/Donor
May 24, 2010
SF Bay Area
I'll be using the tubes that come with it.

Emission Labs 5U4G
4 KR KT88
2 Psvane 6SN7-BE

I do have a Riccardo Kron 5U4G that I bought for my Pacific that I could also use.

Larry

dminches

Oct 22, 2011

Emission Labs 5U4G
4 KR KT88
2 Psvane 6SN7-BE

I do have a Riccardo Kron 5U4G that I bought for my Pacific that I could also use.

Larry

For starters…

Reactions: astrotoy

mr.gregdee

Oct 3, 2016
E.Sussex ,UK
gpoint-audio.com

Emission Labs 5U4G
4 KR KT88
2 Psvane 6SN7-BE

Larry

We are looking forward to it. It would be interesting to see if the paths laced before with PAC and TRP are remaining true with Horizon as well. I am talking about the rectifiers in particular here, as the output tubes, even if the same on some occasion as they are with TRP or Baltic 3, they are all working in completely different circuit, so the comparisons of those I am expecting to differ, even with the same tubes used. But we are about to see. That's the joy of it.

astrotoy

VIP/Donor
May 24, 2010
SF Bay Area
For starters…
David, I don't know enough about tube rolling to even know where to start. So i will count on you for advice and direction on the yellow brick road. Larry

astrotoy

VIP/Donor
May 24, 2010
SF Bay Area
Opened up my TOTL Horizon and :oops: one of the Psvane 6SN7-BE was broken. Looks like Customs opened the tube box (seal was broken) and inspected it. The two Psvane's were the only tubes that were in sealed boxes. Lampi is sending me a replacement. I don't have any spare 6SN7's so I will have to wait. My son-in-law is coming by today to help me move it onto the equipment rack. In the meantime, I will continue to spin my tapes. Larry

• Angry
Reactions: mr.gregdee

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
Opened up my TOTL Horizon and :oops: one of the Psvane 6SN7-BE was broken. Looks like Customs opened the tube box (seal was broken) and inspected it. The two Psvane's were the only tubes that were in sealed boxes. Lampi is sending me a replacement. I don't have any spare 6SN7's so I will have to wait. My son-in-law is coming by today to help me move it onto the equipment rack. In the meantime, I will continue to spin my tapes. Larry

That stinks.

astrotoy

VIP/Donor
May 24, 2010
SF Bay Area
Here is my Duracell Horizon, minus one 6SN7-BE. Not plugged in. The replacement tube should be here early next week. Larry Horizon.jpg

mr.gregdee

Oct 3, 2016
E.Sussex ,UK
gpoint-audio.com
typical for those bastards , they got no respect at all. I could carry on 100 pages with sad stories like that. Really sorry to hear about this misfortune.

LampiNA

Jun 30, 2015
Horizons at the Munich 2022 Show

To any of you planning on making it out to the Munich Show, please make sure you budget some time to come see us as we present our flagship Horizon DAC in two exquisite show rooms.

In Atrium 4.2 room E228 the Horizon DAC will be presented alongside Taiko Audio, Jadis and Alsyvox in a very special collaboration. There will be some surprises in store in this space!

In Atrium room 4.2 E214 the Horizon DAC and Gulfstream server will be presented alongside VAC Statement electronics using speakers by Gershman Acoustics.

Both of these rooms are expected to be big draws featuring exquisite sounds... don't miss it!

Fred A.

2ndLiner

Dec 16, 2015

To any of you planning on making it out to the Munich Show, please make sure you budget some time to come see us as we present our flagship Horizon DAC in two exquisite show rooms.

In Atrium 4.2 room E228 the Horizon DAC will be presented alongside Taiko Audio, Jadis and Alsyvox in a very special collaboration. There will be some surprises in store in this space!

In Atrium room 4.2 E214 the Horizon DAC and Gulfstream server will be presented alongside VAC Statement electronics using speakers by Gershman Acoustics.

Both of these rooms are expected to be big draws featuring exquisite sounds... don't miss it!

Fred A.
My ears are drooling, Fred, all the best to you and @Lukasz "Lampizator" Fikus, have a great show!

Reactions: LampiNA

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein

Fred A.
Hi Fred
I'm very much looking foward to finally meeting you in person :cool:

astrotoy

VIP/Donor
May 24, 2010
SF Bay Area
Is the top some sort of "orange peel" lacquer paint over pure copper?
Fred can answer that better than I can. I think it is painted. Don't know what is underneath. Larry

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Reactions: LampiNA

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing