Lampizator announcement: launch of our all new TOTL HORIZON DAC

LampiNA

Jun 30, 2015
I have National Union....
I could be mistaken, but I'm not sure if there were multiple "brands" of them so much as labeling. I remember chasing a pair of Slyvanias and was directed to something with a different label by a friend who is extremely knowledgably about tubes.

Reactions: Jbs and christoph

rau

Aug 6, 2015
Wisconsin
Hi Rau, can you refer me too a decent 46 tube brand and a source? I am getting Pacific balanced looking for a matched quad. Thanks!
Sorry don't have a source , I just watch eBay and pickup globe pairs .So far I have been lucky and got decent pairs that test good .

LampiNA

Jun 30, 2015
Here is a sample of what the silver finish will look like. I'm digging it myself!

Attachments

• IMG-20220122-WA0003.jpg
    IMG-20220122-WA0003.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG-20220122-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20220122-WA0002.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 99
Reactions: Mamon and ctydwn

Stbo

Mar 18, 2020
Sweden
Here is a sample of what the silver finish will look like. I'm digging it myself!
Is it a powder-coated clearcoat or wetcoat?
According to the photos, there seems to be both pores and orange peel finish on the surface?
Why not offer anodizing? In most people's eyes, a better and nicer surface treatment of aluminum.

Reactions: djsina2

mr.gregdee

Oct 3, 2016
E.Sussex ,UK
gpoint-audio.com
Yes, Norman is correct. The AudioNec Evo 2 speakers just came in and Lukssz reports they're singing fantastic. Lukssz is actually the one that turned us on to the line which we added to our line up. Very unique stuff!
Can't agree more. We are offering AudioNEC in the UK and EVO2 is our best allrounder so far. Giant killer speakers for their budget, plus like with Lampizator, clear update path available for the customers ,so they can always prevent their investment and keep specs up top date and needs.

Reactions: LampiNA

LampiNA

Jun 30, 2015
Can't agree more. We are offering AudioNEC in the UK and EVO2 is our best allrounder so far. Giant killer speakers for their budget, plus like with Lampizator, clear update path available for the customers ,so they can always prevent their investment and keep specs up top date and needs.
Which amplifier do you have them setup with in your shop? After demonstrating the Evo2s with the LampizatOr KT150 integrated, I have a feeling the Horizon into a pair of GM70s would be endgame with the AudioNecs.

Reactions: mr.gregdee

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Which amplifier do you have them setup with in your shop? After demonstrating the Evo2s with the LampizatOr KT150 integrated, I have a feeling the Horizon into a pair of GM70s would be endgame with the AudioNecs.
Interesting as my Lamm ML3 amps use the GM-70

Steve Williams

FWIW, I just got messaged by Lukasz who told me that my Horizon is finished and on the bench for testing before it is shipped out to me

To any other members who are interested in attending my open house demo of the new Horizon on Feb 12-13 as well as to meet Lukasz and Fred, please PM me as we still have some limited spaces available

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
I just read the Horizon announcement. By definition the Horizon is not and end game. :);)

mr.gregdee

Oct 3, 2016
E.Sussex ,UK
gpoint-audio.com
Might well be. I keep changing electronics Fred, but most of the time I am using Silvercore 833 monos or GM70 Audio Detail monos, (each 20 watts per channel) when playing them as passive. When playing with an active bass section ( my Evo2s are AS version) I am using Destination Audio DA45 mono blocks, which are just 1.8 watt per channel. Each combination rocks on its own rights, but of course the flea power amplification can only be used with a semi-active version of the Evo.

mr.gregdee

Oct 3, 2016
E.Sussex ,UK
gpoint-audio.com
Interesting as my Lamm ML3 amps use the GM-70
I like GM70 a lot Steve. I think that it is very underestimated tube. Out-famed by other big tubes like 845 or 211 in the world of the commercial audio , but in my honest opinion it sounds better than above and coat lots less too, which is a bonus to me.

Lampizator GM70 monos are real giant killers. So is a Destination Audio DA70 integrated. Playback doesn't go much better than that, regardless the prices, brands and all the hype.

Steve Williams

The GM-70's that I buy are from from inexpensive. They come standard with a carbon plate but the magic is finding a matched set of GM-70 that have copper plates. Pus they are gorgeous to look at when the amps are on and the room lights off

Zero000

Jul 28, 2014
Greg you want to get your ears on The Answer.

The best AudioNec speakers IMHO and actually the only one I really like. I think it's because the bass driver sounds quite Apogee like, but the whole speaker well driven is definitely upper echelon.

mr.gregdee

Oct 3, 2016
E.Sussex ,UK
gpoint-audio.com
Greg you want to get your ears on The Answer.

The best AudioNec speakers IMHO and actually the only one I really like. I think it's because the bass driver sounds quite Apogee like, but the whole speaker well driven is definitely upper echelon.

Justin, I did hear the Answers and I agree with you that they are outstanding speakers, but due to the presence not so easy on WAF, hence company decided to retire them and most of the R&D which made the Answers had been transferred into the EVO project.

However, even if officially discontinued, I can still get you a pair as long as parts are available and for now on, yes, they are.
Hope that helps.

Reactions: Zero000

Zero000

Jul 28, 2014
They were odd looking, no question about that.

I am still happy with my Duetta based Apogees. The way they are these days i.e. way over the original Apogee specification and much beyond the blue pair you heard that I used to own, I think they are broadly equivalent to The Answer anyway.

Glad you got to hear some. I was impressed with them some years ago so much so I remember it very clearly. Not many speakers make that sort of mark on me.

wil

Jul 22, 2015
Is the cnc'd "horizon line" shown on this sample planned for the final design? I, personally, like the design shown in original pictures at the beginning of the thread without this addition.

Lukasz "Lampizator" Fikus

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jan 29, 2020
Is it a powder-coated clearcoat or wetcoat?
According to the photos, there seems to be both pores and orange peel finish on the surface?
Why not offer anodizing? In most people's eyes, a better and nicer surface treatment of aluminum.
You are looking at unpolished, unfinished material, do you think we will sell it with pores, stains and orange skins?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing