Lampizator announcement: launch of our all new TOTL HORIZON DAC

LampiNA

Jun 30, 2015
DGG-mashup.jpeg

Excitement is building on our end as we get closer to our February launch, both at Stevens and at the Florida Audio Expo.

While we can't wait to show off the new Horizon, don't forget the LampizatOr Gulfstream will also be making it's debut, as will the Tobian and FTA lines!

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
as we get closer to Feb 12-13 and the Horizon unveiling at my house, we now have 22 attendees for both days.

Needless to say there have been questions asked of me re Covid precautions at my house. I want to address these concerns here

First off I also share everyones' concerns and to that extentI would ask that anyone who has symptoms or a fever should take the high road and stay home

I have been double vexed and boosted as have everyone attending but as we know this is not necessarily protective so I will have a supply of masks on hand as well as many alcohol hand washes.

Food and drink will be served and will all be made for individual servings

Finally I have a large home but a small listening room. There are 4K large screen TV's upstairs and downstairs for people to use should they not want to congregate. To that extent and with the small room it was my thoughts that the number of people in the listening room at any one time willl be limited but rest assured there is plenty of time for everyone to listen.

At the beginning of each day I thought we could all assemble somewhere in my house or out back and have Lukasz give us a short synopsis of Lampizator as well as the years of R and D done to bring the Horizon to market etc. Questions and answers will take place here.

Lukasz arrives on Wed and Fred on Friday evening. On Thursday Lukasz and I will assure that everything is running as expected and if so, I will spend the day taking Lukasz up the Pacific Coast Highway and show him Southern California.

On Friday afternoon, Ron and Tinka arrive with their camera, lights and microphones to do a video interview of Lukasz that we will put up on our video channel

Ron will be back on Saturday afternoon to do some more taping of the system, members present and I am going to be interested in hearing members thoughts as to which tube combination everyone prefers. As I said my matched sets of 6900's might not even make the final cut so stay tuned

If any of the attendees has some foods which they cannot eat please contact me by PM. So similarly if anyone has special needs, please reach out to me.

I believe the weekend will not only be a lot of fun but also educational as Master Yoda's presence will certainly promise to be a wealth of information about the Lampi products. The Horizon for me , almost certainly takes me to my "end game" unless Lukasz can find yet another way to make digital sound even better than the Horizon. The Pacific as I understand it will stay in production as the Lampi top of the line DHT DAC

If anyone attending wants to bring some of their digital files that they use as reference, please do.

The intent is to run this each day from noon. to 5:00 PM . We won't start before noon nor will west at 5:00 if people are still here and want to listen

I plan on taking Lukasz and Fred for breakfast each morning for breakfast along the coast so we won't be back at my house until just before noon so a noon arrival for guests is perfect. Lukasz is bringing a stack of tubes to rotate through the listening times and he has said that if people want to hang out in the evening that woks as well. If so I plan on taking Lukasz and Fred for dinner before we return home to listen. So if you want to listen in the evening, you are more than welcome to join us for dinner. Let me know so that I can make appropriate reservations

Finally, Sunday is Super Bowl and both 4K big screens will have the game going all day so that if you aren't in the listening room you will be able to enjoy the Super Bowl until your turn is called

All in all this is shaping up to be a fun few days. I am looking forward to meeting everyone. We have guests coming from Arizona as well as the east coast along with guests from all over California.

wil

Jul 22, 2015
View attachment 88599

Excitement is building on our end as we get closer to our February launch, both at Stevens and at the Florida Audio Expo.

While we can't wait to show off the new Horizon, don't forget the LampizatOr Gulfstream will also be making it's debut, as will the Tobian and FTA lines!
Great photo artwork! Do I hear the Game of Thrones soundtrack playing faintly in the background?

Last edited:
Reactions: LampiNA

tinkerphile

Nov 27, 2021
View attachment 88599

As John McEnroe famously once said, "...You cannot be serious!" Striking photo. Nice job on the website photo.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Super Bowl weekend 2/13.:(

LampiNA

Jun 30, 2015
Yes, it wasn't quite fair expecting the Super Bowl to compete with our launch event, but we'll do the right thing and give it a little play in another room. ;-)

Reactions: ctydwn

ctydwn

Aug 23, 2019
Envious of all that will get to hear the Horizon unveil and what sounds like a most welcoming venue.

Will be particularly curious to hear reactions of the Horizon a/b/a w the Pacific. Might this be in the cards?

Enjoy the build up and congrats to the first shipment on the Horizon. Can sense Lukasz’ excitement from that great candid pic

Last edited:

Steve Williams

I just got notification from DHL that my Horizon is on the plane and in transit to me
The tube sets sent to me by Lukasz are
MELZ Russian Metal plate
RK KT 88
EML Globe as rectifier

I have already RK-KR Anniversary 5u4g
Shuguang gz480
3 matched sets of 6900- Lukasz has sent adapters for these
A quad matched set of new TungSol KT 170

Lukasz is bringing his stash of tubes to rotate through our demo sessions next weekend

The weather here in SoCal is warming up each day (although nights are still cold) so I am anticipating good weather for everyone's arrival

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
I just got notification from DHL that my Horizon is on the plane and in transit to me

Steve, very exciting. I am jealous!

Could you try to remember to take a handful of pictures of the front and back before you put it in your rack?

Steve Williams

Steve, very exciting. I am jealous!

Could you try to remember to take a handful of pictures of the front and back before you put it in your rack?
Definitely

Plus , as stated before Ron will be doing a video interview with Lukasz on Friday and on Saturday Ron is also going to video the goings on as well as interviewing the attendees

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Steve did DHL give you a flight number? Never mind.
what is your idea of a cold night? In VA. we are enjoying temps in the teens

Steve Williams

Steve did DHL give you a flight number? Never mind.
what is your idea of a cold night? In VA. we are enjoying temps in the teens
Temperature here last night was 38

Daytime yesterday was mid 70's

I am tracking it and it arrives in Cincinnati in a few hours

Reactions: christoph

Willgolf

Jul 21, 2019
Gold Canyon, Az
I have been following all of the anticipated tube rolling on the Horizon. My question is....what tubes produce the different sonics of the Horizon --- the output tubes or conversion tubes? I am really not a tube roller but I have about 20 sets of very vintage conversion tubes ( 12ATZ, 6060, 12AU7, ECC81, ECC82, 6922).

Reactions: christoph

Nevillekapadia

VIP/Donor
Aug 30, 2010
Look forward to hearing back from the actual event.
Extremely excited about it all, Steve.
A bit too far to travel (from down under) for the launch, otherwise we would definitely have been there!
Have a great time.

Reactions: Steve Williams

wil

Jul 22, 2015
On the Horizon tube rolling: this is going to be exciting. The 7 tubes work in a new way, never seen before in any DAC. The pentodes provide power supply regulation, active anode loading and cathode buffering - all at the same time - thanks to their 3 grids. The dual triodes provide voltage amplification and current conversion in the DAC process - so their influence is huge. We offer the circuitry for octal base and 6SN7 tube type, but we also recommend:
6sn7GT, CV181, 6H8C, 6N8S, MELZ Metalbase,
With octal adaptors: VT99, 6F8G
With noval adapters: 6N1P, 6N6P, 6H30P, 6922, 6DJ8, ECC88, E88CC, ECC182, 7119, Ecc82, ECC81, ECC99, 6900, 12BH7,
and for the power tubes: EL34, 6V6, 6L6, KT66, KT88, KT90, KT120, KT150, KT170, 5881, 6550C,
For the rectifier: 274B, 5U4G, GZ34, GZ37, 5R4WGT, Potato Mashers, U52, 5C3S, 5C4S, 5Y3, 5u4C, GZ480
We will be prepared to add desired adapters to the package.
My personal favorite is: input 6900 with adapter, Power KR-KT88, Rectifier Riccardo Kron 5U4G followed by the more accessible 6N1P-EB as input.
As someone with very limited tube experience, and has never needed an adaptor, I have a couple of questions?

-- how many pins for the Horizon Input tubes: 8?
-- so any Input tube adaptors will covert from X to 8?
-- do the adaptors raise the height of the tubes?
-- any sonic compromise from using an adaptor?

Thanks

jbrrp1

Aug 3, 2020
Temperature here last night was 38

Daytime yesterday was mid 70's

I am tracking it and it arrives in Cincinnati in a few hours
Man, if it got up to 38 here in Minneapolis, we'd all be complaining about it ruining our skiing snow!

As a Pacific owner, I would have loved to have joined in on this event, but life didn't allow me to consider it. I sure hope to read many, many impressions from the various Pacific owners who will gather with you. Thanks for hosting such an event!

Steve Williams

Much to my amazement and pleasure the shipment did not stop in Cincinnati as I expected but flew from Poland to Germany,, to the UK and reached Los Angeles yesterday Feb 1 in the afternoon. Not bad when the clock is working in my favor as Lukasz shipped it on Feb 1 The shipment has cleared customs and will hopefully reach me in the next day or 2 as I think it got from LAX to Santa Ana before it is dispatched to my house. I should know later today. If there is a delay I am hoping to drive to LA to pick it up myself.

Steve Williams

well it even gets better as Lukasz just texted me. and told me that it is on the truck for delivery today.Fingers crossed. If so that would be pretty darn epic to travel from Poland and reach my house with next day delivery. Kudos to Lukasz if he pulls this off

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing