Lampizator announcement: launch of our all new TOTL HORIZON DAC

Ceasar i will do everyone a favor and keep my shoes on.

I’ve never done a You Tube video on anything audio but I was curious as to how this song sounds as compared to same song on Wadax which was posted today on WBF. Not sure if I have even copied the same version nor do I even put any faith in evaluation by an iPhone video but here is what I streamed from Qobuz. As someone posted a few days ago, it all comes down to a "pick your flavor".
The Horizon is just about fully settled as I have been running it 24 x 7 for 5 days . The Center Stage Feet are not quite settled . I expect another 2 days and everything should be settled in the system. I’m not even certain if this will be the final tube set selection as there are so many possibilities

hi Steve,

FYI....the version of Bohemian Rhapsody Tang posted, was from John Adams, "Acoustic Covers" album. redbook on Tidal and Quboz.

1644287050462.png

The track you put up sounds great through my apple ear buds, thanks for riding the music posting tiger!

I found it on Qubuz Mike. This is now the 2nd You Tube video for audio that I have made .Once again final tube set to be determined this weekend but this is Lukasz favorite as defined in post 44 in this thread

That's just lovely, Steve!!

I’ve never done a You Tube video on anything audio but I was curious as to how this song sounds as compared to same song on Wadax which was posted today on WBF. Not sure if I have even copied the same version nor do I even put any faith in evaluation by an iPhone video but here is what I streamed from Qobuz. As someone posted a few days ago, it all comes down to a "pick your flavor".
The Horizon is just about fully settled as I have been running it 24 x 7 for 5 days . The Center Stage Feet are not quite settled . I expect another 2 days and everything should be settled in the system. I’m not even certain if this will be the final tube set selection as there are so many possibilities

ALL the rolling Joy guys is on the path at front of you yet :) Enjoy the walk

I found it on Qubuz Mike. This is now the 2nd You Tube video for audio that I have made .Once again final tube set to be determined this weekend but this is Lukasz favorite as defined in post 44 in this thread

I put in on headphones to get as much as possible from that video. I must say that even with all the compression applied the feeling of a massive ambience is still possible to catch. Gotta get mine here, en la casa, asap ;)

Great sound. I think to demonstrate Lampi effect this has to be done with a different set of tubes and with Pac

Last edited:
Reactions: mr.gregdee
Great sound. I think to demonstrate Lampi effect this has to be done with a different set of tubes and with Pac
Come back home Ked from the boring country and we can do our own bake off on that soil, as we used to do in the past for all other LampizatOr DACs. Plus there is still a fun to have with the Phono which remains a Terra Deflorata for you.

Reactions: bonzo75
Let's make it happen Greg ;-)

Although I'm not sure we can do it on Steve's incredible scale!

Reactions: mr.gregdee
This is ground control with a message from Lukasz and the flight deck. He tested negative and has been cleared for take off tomorrow. Let the fun begin.
Only a few days to go so everyone who is attending, please stay safe

Let's make it happen Greg ;-)

Although I'm not sure we can do it on Steve's incredible scale!

well, it is just a little isolated isla, but we can do as much as we can ;) doesn't matter the scale, we gonna have a fun - what counts is The Spirit !

Reactions: heihei

Thanks for posting. Sound great!

But I would like to hear something more demanding -- more complex music than guy with piano. Cello is also kind of low hanging fruit. This is why simple music is what usually is played in most rooms at audio shows -- it sounds great on any and everything!

I'd love to hear some demanding music to compare on a Wadax system and the Horizon system.

Reactions: nonesup
Thanks for posting. Sound great!

But I would like to hear something more demanding -- more complex music than guy with piano. Cello is also kind of low hanging fruit. This is why simple music is what usually is played in most rooms at audio shows -- it sounds great on any and everything!

I'd love to hear some demanding music to compare on a Wadax system and the Horizon system.

It was posted because same video was posted on Wadax thread asking for Horizon video to be posted. On wadax thread 4 different systems with different dacs have been posted with a cello concerto.

Reactions: LampiNA

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing