Lamm ML3 + LL1, at last!

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
Ha! ML3 Signatures. Fantastico. I have SRA VA-class under my M1.2 Refs so I know their benefits. The LP1 phono is here for review. Now add in the LL1.1 Signature linestage.

And what speakers to use with ML3s?
How about the upcoming Audio Kinesis Bohemian 215? ;)
That combo could make a match made in heaven :cool:

What do you use to drive your hORNS Universum?

I use my KR Audio Kronzilla SX and love it :D

Besides, the Lamm ML3 are unfortunately way out of reach for me financially :oops:
Even though the reduced price from Francisco looks VERY attractive, especially when you consider the list price of 150k :eek:

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014
You guys play in another league :) . Francisco's ML3s look marvellous. Would be lovely but perhaps beyond these simple mortal means.

Reactions: christoph

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014
Talk - it's cheap. ;)
Lol, both my simplicity and my mortality are unfortunately all too evident Tim. But also happy to have what I have.

Last edited:

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Canna imagine why these are not sold. That is roughly 38% the cost of a new set of ML3s (~121672 euro). Iirc, voltage conversion is done by changing internal fuses - no factory trip required. 32W into 16/8/4 Ohms. Class A.

No, in Europe the price of new set of ML3 is euro 144690 - unfortunately I had to pay import tax and VAT on the price nice price I paid to Mike. :( See https://www.emotionalaudio.nl/produ...erby_as=string&wpv_view_count=14779-TCPID4968

Voltage line conversion needs going to the factory and costs usd 400.00, including a check-in. They are now 230V units.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Canna imagine why these are not sold. That is roughly 38% the cost of a new set of ML3s (~121672 euro). Iirc, voltage conversion is done by changing internal fuses - no factory trip required. 32W into 16/8/4 Ohms. Class A.

EU is full of SETs, many available, much cheaper. When people here want to spend they can get them made from designers like Thomas mayer etc.

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
EU is full of SETs, many available, much cheaper. When people here want to spend they can get them made from designers like Thomas mayer etc.
Yes, there are many cheaper SET amps available here too but they're not at the level of ML3 even the more expensive custom ones. I can't say why Francisco's pair hasn't sold but it's not because of performance.

david

Reactions: tima

howiebrou

Jun 29, 2012
Yes, there are many cheaper SET amps available here too but they're not at the level of ML3 even the more expensive custom ones. I can't say why Francisco's pair hasn't sold but it's not because of performance.

david
Would love to hear them with my Goebels.

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
Lamm has poor resale even in the states.
Thats the US fault :) , everybody in the world follows mostly blindly what most US reviewers / marketeers write as the latest greatest thing that has landed on planet earth
Magazines hate it when a company just makes 1 good product and sticks with that for 10 years.
They cant live/ survive of that ;)

Last edited:

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Lamm has poor resale even in the states.
You rarely ever see them for sale . I bought my Lamm Signature series well over 10 years ago and I will never sell them. They’ll be buried with me

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
You rarely ever see them for sake. I bought my Lamm Signature series well over 10 years ago and I will never sell them. They’ll be buried with me
This is the only used pair of ML3 that I've ever seen come up for sale!

david

Reactions: tima

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal

david

No doubt they are great sounding amplifiers - the main drawback is finding great speakers that are a great match with them. If I ask for speakers that sound great with the VTL Siegfried II everyone suggests a few preferred that can be easily listened and are well known and we have an enthusiastic thread . A similar question on the ML3's ends fast without solid recommendations.

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
No doubt they are great sounding amplifiers - the main drawback is finding great speakers that are a great match with them. If I ask for speakers that sound great with the VTL Siegfried II everyone suggests a few preferred that can be easily listened and are well known and we have an enthusiastic thread . A similar question on the ML3's ends fast without solid recommendations.
Yes, hardly any current production speakers qualify, the best modern current production speakers that match the ML3 well are Kharmas. The Midi Grand Exquisite is the ideal partner for ML3 otherwise it's vintage speakers and there are great ones to choose from.

david

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Yes, hardly any current production speakers qualify, the best modern current production speakers that match the ML3 well are Kharmas. The Midi Grand Exquisite is the ideal partner for ML3 otherwise it's vintage speakers and there are great ones to choose from.

david

David,

Unfortunately it is impossible to persuade people of it after looking at their published specs:
(taken from the Karma site)
  • System
  • 3.5-way
  • RMS power
  • 500 Watt
  • Program power
  • 1000 Watt
  • Frequency range
  • 24 Hz - 90 kHz
  • Nominal impedance
  • 4 Ohm
  • Efficiency 2.83V/1m
  • 91 dB
  • Maximum SPL
  • 118 dB

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing