Kondo Overture

Zeotrope

Feb 11, 2021
France, Canada
Hi, sure, I would be happy to. Here's an image, including the transmission line sub. I will post a video once my new crossover with Dueland CAST caps are installed (in a few weeks, I hope)...

• RCA1443 high-voltage field coil on Bill Woods conical horn (600-8000Hz)
• Supravox 12" field coil driver in "LaScala-style" folded walnut horn (60-600Hz)
• Fostex t500aMkII horn super-tweeter (8000-20000+Hz)
• Transmission line sub with 500W amp and 12" driver

Dimensions: 18" wide (max) x 70" tall. The objective was to get world-class sound from a fairly small footprint. My room is narrow, so I didn't have the room for a traditionally-sized horn speaker.

Physical time-alignment is adjustable to suit the listening position - the midrange horns can be angle-adjusted.

tempImagezAy5Or.jpg

Last edited:

Argonaut

Jul 30, 2013
N/A
Hi, sure, I would be happy to. Here's an image, including the transmission line sub. I will post a video once my new crossover with Dueland CAST caps are installed (in a few weeks, I hope)...
Very Fine Work Indeed Surge :cool: and thank you for filling in the blanks with regard to the build component,most interesting.

Reactions: Zeotrope

Zeotrope

Feb 11, 2021
France, Canada
New crossovers being built…absolutely massive!

Attachments

• Crossover-Concept-02.pdf
    57.7 KB · Views: 15
  • DSC_4233a.JPG
    DSC_4233a.JPG
    509.8 KB · Views: 17

Bling23

Aug 3, 2020
Ireland
I am considering a version1 of this integrated amplifier. Does anybody have any experiences with this amp? Problems of any kind?
Should be a very high quality device, any feedback is welcome.

I have the Tobian Acoustics 12 FH horn speakers so power is not an issue of course.

JP
Hi JP
Did you go ahead with the Overture in the end ? I have ANUK Meishu Tonemeister phono and was thinking about the the Kondo, its probably out of my league but interested to heard is it worth the money, another amp I was looking at was the AN UK Jinro using 211 valves. Ive no experience with it.Your thread kind of got sidetracked to horn speakers which are interesting in their own right also Thanks Sean

jep123

VIP/Donor
Dec 23, 2012
Norway
Hi JP
Did you go ahead with the Overture in the end ? I have ANUK Meishu Tonemeister phono and was thinking about the the Kondo, its probably out of my league but interested to heard is it worth the money, another amp I was looking at was the AN UK Jinro using 211 valves. Ive no experience with it.Your thread kind of got sidetracked to horn speakers which are interesting in their own right also Thanks Sean
The Kondo is long gone. I downsized and needed a brake from the hobby. I am now «back» and new speakers are due in september ( Franco Serblin Accordo). Reg the Kondo: It is not worth USD 35.000 IMO for its sound. Superb amp, but as good or better can be had at a much lower price. It also needs expensive tubes to sound its best and the biasing is somewhat tricky.

But, Kondo is a special brand and if pride of ownership means something to you, go for it. The Tonmeister is as good as the Kondo (my guess) used with the right speakers.

JP

Reactions: Bling23

Zeotrope

Feb 11, 2021
France, Canada
Discounts on Kondo are significant. I (hope) no one is paying anything close to list price for a new one.
I agree that Kondo Japan (not ANUK) is a very special brand with exquisite craftsmanship and a beautiful sound. I bet the pieces will be highly sought after in time.

Bling23

Aug 3, 2020
Ireland
The Kondo is long gone. I downsized and needed a brake from the hobby. I am now «back» and new speakers are due in september ( Franco Serblin Accordo). Reg the Kondo: It is not worth USD 35.000 IMO for its sound. Superb amp, but as good or better can be had at a much lower price. It also needs expensive tubes to sound its best and the biasing is somewhat tricky.

But, Kondo is a special brand and if pride of ownership means something to you, go for it. The Tonmeister is as good as the Kondo (my guess) used with the right speakers.

JP
Hi JP
Welcome back , you can check out but never leave as the song goes
Thanks for the reply and I guess I had 1/2 thought the same subconsciously before asking on the Kondo overpriced and somewhat audio jewelry. I’d have very little brand pride tbh I’m just about the best sound I can get for as reasonable price as is achievable. It would be nice to have full Kondo set but unattainable for me. Let us know how the speakers go and thanks for the honest appraisal , appreciate that Sean

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing