Koetsu

I owned the Urushi MKI a very long time ago and absolutely loved it. Loved the natural timbres etc etc. Used it with SME V first and later with Roksan Artemiz arm with Transparent Ref phono cable and CAT preamp with phono stage. Martin Colloms reviewed the later versions for HiFi Critic and you can probably buy those as back issues. When my Urushi sadly died I decided to replace it with VdH Frog Gold custom built for me by VdH which was great but couldn't match the Urushi's timbres. I also had a Benz Ruby and I preferred the Urushi to that as well. Happy shopping.
Great to know and thanks for sharing.

Looking at Shakti's Koetsu shootout posts from years ago, the Urushi MK1 (he referred to it as a 'Wajima') was seemingly the favourite of the bunch.
Having platinum magnets I can see why that would be the case.

Hello Mike,

May I ask how the Azule/NVS/Telos compares with your Etsuro Gold combinations in terms of transparency and micro dynamics? I fully appreciate that turntable and arm etc are different as well so it really is one combo vs another? Would appreciate any thoughts you could share. Many thanks
i've had some distractions this last week, so not fully completed my dial in on the Azule yet (still playing with VTA). right now i view both my Etsuro Gold combo's as maybe a step above the Azule/Telos/NVS/dart phono. and the phono cable for this Telos is not in the league as the others. but that Etsuro 'level' is very very high.

hope over the next few days i will get the set up more right, and i will update my viewpoint.

i've had some distractions this last week, so not fully completed my dial in on the Azule yet (still playing with VTA). right now i view both my Etsuro Gold combo's as maybe a step above the Azule/Telos/NVS/dart phono. and the phono cable for this Telos is not in the league as the others. but that Etsuro 'level' is very very high.

hope over the next few days i will get the set up more right, and i will update my viewpoint.
Hello Mike, many thanks for taking the time to provide feedback. Looking forward to your update in due course. Many thanks

Reactions: Mike Lavigne
From another Koetsu lover overseas.

Blue Tiger Eye Platinum Diamond.

20230729_210230.jpg20230729_210332.jpg

Was told this is the rare Koetsu Platinum Jasper Diamond . Only 10 in the world . 7 in HK. This owner has 2IMG_9868.jpeg

Attachments

• E2376F47-E1BF-4DC5-8EB2-127CF7127DBD.jpeg
    E2376F47-E1BF-4DC5-8EB2-127CF7127DBD.jpeg
    617.1 KB · Views: 34
Reactions: Odd Harry and RickS
[/QUOTE]
jadis,

To me it looks more like Koetsu Black, than a Blue Tiger Eye :confused:.

/ Jk

My friend says at the sides, there are light whitish streaks.

Reactions: Johan K
Hmm okay… but strange… I have not seen any stone model that has that bend underside before. The only carts I know of with that design is the Black and the pure Rosewood… but I might be wrong;).

/ Jk

Reactions: jadis
Hmm okay… but strange… I have not seen any stone model that has that bend underside before. The only carts I know of with that design is the Black and the pure Rosewood… but I might be wrong;).

/ Jk
I was told this is a made to order model. And notice the color code on the pins. They're available only in latter rare stones.

Reactions: RickS
Another Koetsu Jasper mounted on Reed 5T

Attachments

• IMG_9938.jpeg
    IMG_9938.jpeg
    522.1 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_9937.jpeg
    IMG_9937.jpeg
    453.3 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_9939.jpeg
    IMG_9939.jpeg
    716.4 KB · Views: 42
Koetsu onyx platinum on vyger Atlantis. Sounds more agile than any koetsu I have heard, as it should with the vyger arm.

B65C3BAC-A84F-4741-A804-8A47D741B098.jpeg

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing