Kharma Exquisite Classique

Peter Breuninger

[Industry Expert] Member Sponsor
Jul 20, 2010
That is a great looking moderate sized room.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
great photos, as always, Wizard. Thanks for posting. Seems I have seen Kharma and Gryphon a few times now in SOTA systems.

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
nice amp upgrade.

how do the 458's compare on the Exquisites to the other amps?

Aug 26, 2012
Nice, i have heard the exquisite midi (with new driver) already together with the big kharma sub and all kharma amplification .
Was the sub their 18 incher model , how big is it in the flesh . Outlandish or manageable ?

Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
Cant remember it was a huge driver in a big box , I would say rather on the big side :D, they have two subs , exquisite sub and exquisite midi sub ,as it was playing with the midi I assume it was the midi sub with a 15 incher .
Integration was just so so , but I am not a sublover anyway

yes it was the midi sub , seeing the pics again I d say outlandish ,the kharma electronics are also nice by the way here is the link

http://www.hifi.nl/agenda/3486/Kharma-show-bij-Rhapsody.html

here is the review of that show by alpha audio with nice pics (he also reviewed a model of myself , nice guy ), if you click on the pics they go fullscreen

http://www.alpha-audio.nl/2012/05/kharma-exquisite-set-luisterervaring/?cbg_tz=0

Last edited:

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Wow!! What was the decision...Gryphon Mephistos or Dartzeel 458 monos? I think I see both preamps as well? Gryphon Pandora and presumably Dart 18? CH Precision digital?

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
Wow!! What was the decision...Gryphon Mephistos or Dartzeel 458 monos? I think I see both preamps as well? Gryphon Pandora and presumably Dart 18? CH Precision digital?
i can only presume that if he went the dart 458 route with dart pre that he has the new dart pre on order.:)

from my 4 years with my Kharma Exquisites i'm sure that the dart 458 is a killer match for them.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
i can only presume that if he went the dart 458 route with dart pre that he has the new dart pre on order.:)

from my 4 years with my Kharma Exquisites i'm sure that the dart 458 is a killer match for them.
Thanks Mike...I remember that system of yours...makes sense.

Interestingly, I see this person has yet another set of SRA amp stands which are not being used right up front...wonder what those are for? Sounds like a serious shoot-out...

About us

• Founded in 2010 What's Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing