Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com

Jim Smith

Industry Expert
Dec 14, 2012
The word that comes into my mind is MORE. The system is just doing more. The environment has changed. What do I mean by that? I am trying to express myself with clichés. There is more space, more air, particularly in the lower frequencies. These speakers have amazing bass and bass dynamics but then these “things” went under them and it changed, it grew, it morphed, it came alive. I have always found that it was the hardest thing to get right in my journeys to get the bass to sound as transparent and cohesive as the rest of the music. The bass is the area that gives recordings the special ques. I think therefore so many want to add subs to their systems as they realize that the subs add space. I am not sure that they always integrate and do not mess up elsewhere however they do work on space. The you are there sensation is palpable. I played some of my favorite recordings and just sat there with a big smile. The smile lasted for hours. I cannot wait for Friday to see what happens with the additional items.

Its now Monday morning and the balance of the EVP’s just arrived. I am going to use the 2-inch units and place 3 under each of the preamp and the clock. I am also going to install 4 of the 4-inch units under the stack of my Ch C1.1 mono DAC and the Ch M1.1 power amplifier. This means that all my system other than the X-1 power supplies are no sitting on EVP’s. I just turned the system up and I am going to listen in a little while after I finish my morning routine.

The installation of the EVP’s under my preamp, DAC, clock and power amplifier was very straight forward and just took a few minutes. I will continue my thoughts with the same theme I can hear more. I do not believe that these are transformational changes but rather the isolation of the components from external vibrations, some which are obviously caused by the gear particularly from the speakers playing music, makes the system have deeper sense of involvement. My system sounded fantastic before and now it there is just more. Everything is a little more dimensional, more airy, more spacious and more real to me. I love that I can lose myself in the music and forget that I am listening to recordings. It is wonderful to hear the artists intent and skill when playing a guitar or a piano. One of the first things I listened to was Jesse Cook’s album Gravity. I love guitar and played it and studied Spanish/Flamenco when I was a kid. It is a sound that makes me happy and this recording is just WOW. Audio for me is an escape and it transports me somewhere where I can get away from the day and space I exist in and be somewhere else, somewhere where I am in a state of relaxation and pleasure. I think this is where I strive to get whenever I listen and specifically what my focus is when I am setting up a system.

The EVP’s work and they work well. They are easy to use and they do not cost a lot. I purchased more and I called some friends and clients to come check them out because I believe that they will enjoy what they do as well. High end has some crazy and wild expensive items, these are not those. They are simple and work really well. Once they are installed they are hardly noticeable in the physical sense. There is nothing special to do but just sit and listen.
Peace and stay healthy

More is a good description, somewhat similar to mine. I have said that there's more THERE there....

No doubt about the sonic improvements, but I have been most impressed with their high ME factor - Musical Engagement.

Scaena1

Industry Expert
Sep 13, 2010
I’ll weigh in here. Wanting to protect my floors from our supplied spiked footers and interested in eschewing spiking , I had previously tried many of the type of constrained layer damping products like Kal posted, rubber with cork, solid rubber( I have pictures of the various products tried) and found them neutral or mildly an improvement over spiking.Those products don’t belong in the same conversation as the EVP pads.TheEVP’s simply make everything more musical, add more intelligibility , displaying less vibration induced distortion. And they need to do that as they are considerably more expensive than the simple anti vibration pads from Kal’s source, Amazon, etc.

Alan Eichenbaum
SCAENA Loudspeakers

Frenchrooster

Jan 14, 2012
France
Perhaps my english understanding is limited, but I struggle to find any arrogance in Kal Rubinson posts. He just commented the similar look of the products, as I found similarities, in the look, to Symposium audio products. One is very cheap, the other is expensive. No more than that I feel.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Posts deleted for reasons posted in prior post

Reactions: Ron Resnick

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Reactions: dbeau

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
wadaxevps.jpg

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Reactions: Scott Naylor

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
Elliot what an amazing set of posts. Written I feel from a purely Honest experienced view.
the pads look similar to vibration dampening pads I use on large HVAC or reciprocal type machines.

most audio folk use from what I see tiny expense metal disks made to do somthing I can’t understand
Im very well aware of the need for both decouple and drain vibration devices
I do plan to try his products on first my speakers.
there base is ridged fiber glass on my concrete over lay hard wood floors . I’ll bet they make a big improvement.
i read a post a while back on a pic of a man placing a water melon on top of a speaker and asked the attendees what they observed
most laughed. The truth is it did make changes
again thanks for this post Elliot very kind to share

Reactions: Elliot G.

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
I
Elliot what an amazing set of posts. Written I feel from a purely Honest experienced view.
the pads look similar to vibration dampening pads I use on large HVAC or reciprocal type machines.

most audio folk use from what I see tiny expense metal disks made to do somthing I can’t understand
Im very well aware of the need for both decouple and drain vibration devices
I do plan to try his products on first my speakers.
there base is ridged fiber glass on my concrete over lay hard wood floors . I’ll bet they make a big improvement.
i read a post a while back on a pic of a man placing a water melon on top of a speaker and asked the attendees what they observed
most laughed. The truth is it did make changes
again thanks for this post Elliot very kind to share
Al, I am sure that your speakers would benefit greatly from EVP's. I am very familiar with the speakers having sold and installed over 30 pairs back in the day.

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Received today the Platform for my Reference PSU to complete the entire system with EVP's.
Hope to get some listening time in this afternoon see what we can hear/find.
As we gently ride into the unknown and explore the outer limits of high end audio

Last edited:

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
IMG_3851.jpeg

Reactions: dbeau

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com

Attachments

• IMG_3851.jpeg
    IMG_3851.jpeg
    905.2 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: MarkusBarkus

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing