JackD201 - Almost Done

Yes but wasn't the setting in Istanbul?

Yes, Istanbul. I think Liam Neeson was supposedly there for business...the mother and daughter surprised him by visiting him. And so, to try to get his revenge, the father of the bad guy Liam Neeson killed in the first movie, followed them there.

Last edited:
One thing for sure is I won't be riding a dirt bike on the roof of the Grand Bazaar! I was a decent enduro and motocross rider.............60lbs ago.

..1974 OSSA Mick Andrews Replica trials bike here...no way in he** could I get back on that thing now. It was a blast back when I had the body for it...oh well there's always 2ch audio..

"The Grand Bazaar" ... now somehow this is the movie that pops out of my mind:

100895_large.jpg

Paid a visit to the 'second' almighty Von Schweikert based system in the country yesterday. Without a doubt, a staggering upgrade from the 9s. Incredible imaging and dynamics that fill up the room, and the violin is intimate without over blowing its size. What more can you ask for? (There is actually an answer to that but I'd rather not dwell on it here) :D Congratulations my good friend, Christmas came early. :)

DSCN2525.JPGDSCN2535.JPG

WOW! Congrats Jack! Tell us more, Jadis! ;)

I remember the first time I heard VR-11's was at CES shortly after Albert launched them. He asked me to come back after 6 for a private demo. I loved them. He was showing them with all TOL VAC gear at that time.

WOW! Congrats Jack! Tell us more, Jadis! ;)

LL21,

Well, I just re-tubed my power amp's output and input tubes so I didn't want to sink myself in too much at my experience with Jack. :D I've heard the 11s in Jim's room a few times and nothing less than superlatives can be said about these speakers. Jack plays a very wide variety of music and the last 2 modern albums really rocked the room. I'm still a bit dazed now I forgot the name of the album and the artists. :D

Ok, I just remembered one - London Grammar. :)

We're ready for you Stevie! :D

HK then MLA. It will be a blast! Dang I have to lose weight by then because we're probably gonna pack a few pounds on. :D

That setup's just awesome Jack. Bruised my chin on the floor.

There you are Bob! Thanks for the kind words! What've you been up to? Any scoop on the Scaena server? ;)

just beautiful, congrats Jack!

I also recall when I first heard the VR-11's, with the VR-9SE's as rear channels. 'that' was quite the multi-channel system. those VR-11's were awesome!!!!

enjoy!

Thanks Mike! Yes I remember how much I wished I was at CES to witness that.

I might just ask this thread to be called "Done" but we all know for as long as there is work related stress, it never ends. LOL.

Thanks so much too Harleyguy!

LL21,

Well, I just re-tubed my power amp's output and input tubes so I didn't want to sink myself in too much at my experience with Jack. :D I've heard the 11s in Jim's room a few times and nothing less than superlatives can be said about these speakers. Jack plays a very wide variety of music and the last 2 modern albums really rocked the room. I'm still a bit dazed now I forgot the name of the album and the artists. :D

Ok, I just remembered one - London Grammar. :)

Great! Re-tubing can be great...like re-experiencing music (and your system) all over again. Thanks for the listening notes...

There you are Bob! Thanks for the kind words! What've you been up to? Any scoop on the Scaena server? ;)

You're welcome! Been busy on a couple of big projects. The Mainframe is probably as clean a digital out as possible, very purpose-designed by a very computer and audio-savvy guy. How's the EERA treating you?

The Autographe pulling duty in my bedroom now. I've got the C1/D1/X1 stack in the main right now. The bedroom system needed a shot in the arm so up it went :)

The Autographe pulling duty in my bedroom now. I've got the C1/D1/X1 stack in the main right now. The bedroom system needed a shot in the arm so up it went :)

Think you've got the best bedroom DAC on Earth Jack.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing