Is Velodyne going out of business?

audioguy

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Near Atlanta, GA but not too near!
I wasn't using room correction in my RELs.
I actually had an acoustic analysis of my room done, using just my speakers and no subs, and it showed:
"Both speakers show peaks at 38Hz and 49Hz, though the left dominates the combined response. Higher up there's a peak in the right speaker at 91Hz that dominates the combined response."
I've since changed the position of the speakers and though it sounds more musical with better articulation in the bass, I have no idea how it measures.

IMHO, to make sure you end up without some huge peaks in your lower response, I HIGHLY recommend room correction in all frequencies occupied by your next subs. If you are not the adventurous type and don't know how to perform the analysis and correction, then find someone who does and employ them. There are a number of folks here who use JL subs and I know those subs have some kind of EQ in them. Check with them since JL subs are highly regarded. In fact, Steve Williams, "Superintendent" of this website, has a pair for sale.

Mr TAD

Aug 6, 2017
Sweden
6 of their 17 subs are listed as out of stock, some have been for a good while and one DD Plus is listed as one left. A few dealer sites note the Optimum series as discontinued.

I spoke with a Home Cinema dealer yesterday, and he said that he hasn't been able to order any Velodyne subs from the manufacturer, and not from the country distributor either.

So it seems like the rumor is correct.

I'm so glad I managed to buy a DD+10 before they ran out of stock. I guess the warranty isn't worth much though.

Ahh well...

Cheers
Fred

M-dB

Apr 2, 2017
A little late to this thread. FYI
On the Velodyne Acoustics site I recently left a voice mail message on the sales number (669) 275-2217 interested in purchasing and a message was returned the next day. I spoke with a woman who had unopened stock for sale at roughly 44% of retail without warrantee plus shipping. In person pick up would be at a Fremont CA location. Your on your own with this so beware.

Third party service would be handled by George Meyer TV & Stereo (310) 820 1113, 4844 W. Jefferson Blvd. Los Angeles, CA. 90016.
There is also an East Coast service location listed on the site.

Sadly one of the best onboard Room Optimization packages the recent Frequency Response & Pramaters Screen was magic at crossover setups, connectivity flexibility and very low distortion.

A friend wheeled in a JL Gothem. We ran its ADRO then slaved it from the DD Plus. Palleezzz. There's a lot of substantial cabinets out there with ruddi-puut control.

astrotoy

VIP/Donor
May 24, 2010
SF Bay Area
What is ruddi-putt control? Thanks, Larry

M-dB

Apr 2, 2017
Larry, sorry for the misspelling. Oaklandish for poorly executed. His jump shot is ruddi-poot.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Reactions: Ron Resnick

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing