Introducing the LampizatOr Poseidon DAC

Sampajanna

Apr 1, 2021
It should indeed be considered for preamplifier duties and in those instances where someone already has a Horizon, I might guide them towards a Poseidon with phono to complete their front end needs.
id love it if you guys posted some listening impressions of Horizon alone vs. horizon through Poseidon pre.

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
id love it if you guys posted some listening impressions of Horizon alone vs. horizon through Poseidon pre.
And also Horizon against Poseidon, each on their own, please :cool:

itay123

Mar 5, 2023
Looks like another fantastic product from this unique Company.
Good Luck!

LampiNA

Jun 30, 2015
Lukasz,
the trade-in program be available for Lamp owners ?
What are the waiting times for order production ?
Hello,

The trade in program has been formally discontinued for about a year now, however, you may feel free to reach out to me directly to see if we are able to structure something for you.

Best,

Fred A.

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011

View attachment 118618

Poseidon
A New Reference by LampizatOr

We rode the waves of success with our iconic “Horizon DAC”, which raised the bar higher than we ever thought possible for digital sound. But then, we faced a challenge. With all we have learned and discovered in creating the Horizon, the gap between our flagship and the rest of the line was too large.

Of course our statement piece should stand above and beyond the rest of our line, however, with all we have learned, and my own personal philosophy of wanting to bring audio pleasure to all, even those not operating in the highest of budgets, we have decided to trickle down much of what we have learned to create The Poseidon DAC, inspired by the Greek God of the Sea, bringing you closer to the horizon of audio pleasure, with Introductory Pricing at half the price of the Horizon DAC.

This DAC will share substantial DNA with the Horizon, in terms of sound quality, aesthetics, build quality and the ability to bring musical joy to even the most hardcore of analog fans. It aims to not only compete with, but better, any DAC at any price, outside of our own product line, at a cost accessible to a wide audience.

Poseidon will single handedly replace 3 DAC models in 4 variations each, all together 12
DAC models. It is a huge task next to impossible. From Big7 SE to the beloved Pacific DAC.

Why Poseidon?

• Inherits the glorious design style of the Horizon.
• Customizable aesthetics! Choose between the sleek Silver Sahara and the enigmatic Black Hole.
• Replaces 12 of our DAC models – A monumental achievement!
• Approaches the Horizon’s unmatched sound quality, ready to serenade even the staunchest analog purists.

Innovations Galore!

1. New Remote Control & OLED Display – Control and clarity right at your fingertips!
2. Vast Array of Tube Options – Customize your audio experience to perfection.
3. Integrated Volume Control – First-of-its-kind, right within the tube scheme.
4. Record-Breaking Impedance Levels – implementing our highest input and lowest output impedance levels ever maximum compatibility with most every system.
5. A redesigned auto mute circuit minimizing digital artifacts

A Closer Look at the Tube Compliment

Features the precision of the 6N1P (Soviet Army) input and I/V conversion stage.
Packed with 12 triodes, including the trusted 5U4G rectifier, 4 double triodes, and 4 single triodes. A robust amplification stage to ensure crystal-clear audio output.

Debuting the Engine 11X: The Digital Powerhouse!

Crafted especially for Poseidon, the 11.X engine boasts:

• Software-driven & firmware configurable setup.
• Complete isolation from USB and i2S lines.
• Ultra-precise clocking mechanism.
• Supports DSD512 and PCM 768 kHz as standard.

The Poseidon is a true reference level source. We have implemented everything we have learned to date within our operating budget to bring a solution that stands above all competitors sonically, aesthetically and in terms of heirloom quality build.

This thread can serve as the de facto information thread for sharing information, impressions and inquiring about the Poseidon.

And now for a sneak peek of the brand new chassis. Kindly note the machined aluminum in these images is raw.:
Very attractive.

Miki70

Aug 17, 2018
Mérida, Yucatán. México
Now, with LampizatOr making waves in the market, Lukasz is busier than ever. But he hasn't forgotten where he started. He's still out there, nurturing the next generation of bright minds, mentoring them, and hosting those his monthly “beginner audio clinics” for children as his part in keeping the future of high end audio promising.
Bravo !

Bohemian

Mar 16, 2022
How does the Poseidon compare to the Pacific 2 upgrade?

Bohemian

Mar 16, 2022
Isn't the Poseidon at the bottom of the ocean?

• Haha
Reactions: slowGEEZR

OLADRA

Industry Expert
Aug 9, 2022
New Zealand
antipodes.audio
Congratulations looks fantastic :)

Reactions: LampiNA

gleeds

Industry Expert
May 29, 2018
While the comment might've been made in jest, it causes me to reflect on my time working with Lukasz Fikus over the past decade. His philosophies truly stand out.

What captivated me about Lukasz's work years ago was his clear vision and unwavering dedication to the audio world. I probably won't do justice to the details of his journey, but it's worth noting that Lukasz, who came from humble origins, didn't just dabble in this field; he embraced it wholeheartedly.

Before the buzz of commercial success, he managed his own blog where curious audiophiles, passionate DIY folks, and innovative designers could gather, share, and grow.

Now, with LampizatOr making waves in the market, Lukasz is busier than ever. But he hasn't forgotten where he started. He's still out there, nurturing the next generation of bright minds, mentoring them, and hosting those his monthly “beginner audio clinics” for children as his part in keeping the future of high end audio promising.

View attachment 118472
I love that there are several curious young ladies in the class:)

Reactions: LampiNA

LampiNA

Jun 30, 2015
I hope this message finds you well and immersed in great music.

I wanted to take a moment to provide a brief update regarding the availability and delivery of our Poseidon DACs, as there have been a number of inquiries on this topic recently.

We are pleased to share that the production process is progressing smoothly, and Lukasz informs me that we are on track to complete and dispatch the first batch of 21 units before the end of the year! This is an exciting milestone for us, and we are eager to get these units into the hands of our customers.

As of now, there are 9 units from this initial batch still available for reservation. If you have been considering acquiring a Poseidon DAC and prefer to receive in 2023, now would be an opportune time to make your decision.

Feel free to reach out directly if you would like to discuss securing one of the remaining units or if there is anything else we can assist you with.

Fred A.

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
I hope this message finds you well and immersed in great music.

I wanted to take a moment to provide a brief update regarding the availability and delivery of our Poseidon DACs, as there have been a number of inquiries on this topic recently.

We are pleased to share that the production process is progressing smoothly, and Lukasz informs me that we are on track to complete and dispatch the first batch of 21 units before the end of the year! This is an exciting milestone for us, and we are eager to get these units into the hands of our customers.

As of now, there are 9 units from this initial batch still available for reservation. If you have been considering acquiring a Poseidon DAC and prefer to receive in 2023, now would be an opportune time to make your decision.

Feel free to reach out directly if you would like to discuss securing one of the remaining units or if there is anything else we can assist you with.

Fred A.
I have seen the Poseidon in the flesh tonight and it looks awesome :cool:

Dave777tx

Sep 8, 2023
Texas
How does the Poseidon compare to the Pacific 2 upgrade?
I own the Pac 2 and I heard the Poseidon in the presentation and I asked Lukas the same question, he said it always depends on the system but that Pac 2 was a more complex DAC because the tube rolling, while in The Poseidon you can do tube rolling the options are more limited to cheaper tubes. However Poseidon sounds outstanding and if you want a Pre with a DAC definitely this is the right choice

My 2 cents, hope it helps

geetee1972

Feb 12, 2021
I'm so excited by this product. I had the Horizon here at my home for a good few weeks (I can't remotely afford one but the UK distributor needed his demo unit delivering to someone and collecting whilst he was away so I ended up doing the favour and enjoying it's company). I was smitten by the Horizon; it was so unbelievably good I even got as far as looking at remortgaging and taking out the equity to pay for it, which is utterly ridiculous and obviously something I didn't do.

But with the Poseidon, I could in theory get closer to affording it by trading in my preamp and one high level RCA interconnect, as well as the GGI DAC; maybe the balance would be something I could justify financing. But it would really depend on just how good that preamp stage was in my system. With the Horizon, the benefit of a dedicated (albeit world class) preamp (a Concert Fidliety CF080LSX, seriously among the best preamp available), were clear. I would not have the Horizon without the preamp and this might possibly be associated with using 20W SET monoblocs. Not that I am remotely an expert on this, but I've been told by a few people who are that SET amps tend to benefit from the added drive that a dedicated preamp gives. ALso, HeiHei on here has recently added his Audionet Stern pre back into his chain having lived with the Horizon's preamp for a while and commented that the difference was easy to hear; he much prefers the Stern between the Horizon and the Heisenbergs, which are as far from low powered tube based SET designs as you can get!

So if the Poseidon is indeed a worldclass pre amp with a world class DAC built into it, rather than a worldclass DAC with a volume control, then maybe that will be a game changer. Very excited to find out!

Sampajanna

Apr 1, 2021
As someone who is using Horizon as my pre, I am also very interested in this discussion. I wonder if I should get the preamp version of the Poseidon. Or perhaps I should try the preamp that matches my amps….

LampiNA

Jun 30, 2015
Some fantastic feedback on the LampizatOr Poseidon from the Warsaw Show.

1698935600034.png

"LampizatOr / Sveda Audio / J.Sikora / KBL Sound. Finally, we crossed paths with the one and only Lukasz Fikus from LampizatOr, and boy, did we have a tapestry of tales to swap about the analog and digital realms, vacuum tubes, and so much more. Moreover, it marked our inaugural encounter with Sveda Audio’s NEON active speakers… though their appearance failed to trigger any inspiration. Initially, the J.Sikora Reference turntable set the stage for the music, and within moments, I was whisked away into a state of serene meditation. The only disruption from my reverie was the fellow diligently switching vinyl records. Normally, I hadn’t been a turntable aficionado, staunchly believing in the power of digital and top-notch streaming. But what I experienced via the Reference turntable, LampizatOr Poseidon’s preamp stage, and Sveda’s NEON can only be described as Pure Magic! I traversed through all phases of the Kubler-Ross Change Curve. It began with shock, denial, a touch of frustration, a bit of bargaining, and eventually, an overwhelming acceptance. This was it! The most vivid, life-like-sounding setup I’ve ever encountered at any audio exhibition. Terms like transparency, detail retrieval, or frequency response seemed insignificant as everything simply fell perfectly into place. In just a few minutes, the stars aligned, and I detached myself from the outside world. Suddenly, I comprehended the allure of vinyl and its cult following. The second surprise hit when Lukasz bypassed the turntable, playing the same track through their spanking new LampizatOr Poseidon DAC & Preamp. The surprising part wasn’t the incredible sound but the identical replication of the vinyl’s sound. I thought these guys were pulling off some magic, hiding something behind those unassuming boxes. How could a pair of active speakers with soft dome tweeters deliver such speed and mind-boggling transparency was beyond my grasp. We stood transfixed for a whole hour, unwilling to tear ourselves away. A rollercoaster of emotions coursed through us, and we couldn’t stop discussing that experience for two straight days. Even now, I get the jitters when I recollect that room. Returning on the second day, after a brief chat with Arek Szweda, we lauded him for the pure analog charm emanating from the NEONs. I’m thrilled to announce that we’ll be featuring reviews of the LampizatOr Poseidon DAC and Sveda Audio NEON in the coming months. I can’t recall the last time I felt this exhilarated to the core. Despite the system’s not-so-astronomical price, this room stood shoulder to shoulder with the very best setups we encountered in those three extraordinary days."
LampizatOr KBL Sound J.Sikora Turntables Graphite Audio Sveda Audio Audio Video Show SoundNews.net
https://soundnews.net/.../audio-video-show-warsaw-2023.../

godofwealth

Feb 8, 2022
The Poseidon does indeed look lovely. But, like Apple, the problem for Lampi is that their older classic DACs are still so great that convincing old geezers like me to upgrade is a challenge. I still use an Apple iPhone XS Max. Sure , iPhone 15 is out, and the titanium looks slick. But my iPhone XS Max still works great. Yea, USB-C is nice, but I’ve got lightning connectors by the closetful.

Similarly, I continue to be delighted by my “vintage” Pacific “pure” DAC sans volume control, just as I want it. With premium KR 242 tubes and a Western Electric 274B rectifier feeding into an ARC 6SE balanced tube preamp, the sound is ravishing. And I’ve got a lot of lovely DHT triodes, from Western Electric 300Bs to Emission Labs 45 mesh plates to lovely old RCA UX301s that Goran put me onto. Why would I want to “upgrade”? Seriously, do I want to start another whole bout of tube rolling with pentodes and give up my KR 242s and 300Bs and 45s? The very thought is frightening.

That’s what happens when you design a classic. Customers who like the classic model are loath to upgrade. If I like a naturally aspirated six cylinder BMW 3-series, would I want to trade it in for a more recent turbo version or, heavens, an EV version? Or if I like a classic vintage Porsche, I’m happy to continue driving it.

I’m sure the Poseidon sounds fabulous, just as the Horizon does. Knowing Lampi’s standards, I would expect nothing less. But we vintage lovers like what we have now. I’m still waiting for a “pure” no holds barred DHT DAC from Lampi. Like when Leica reissued their legendary film camera. Don’t mess with a classic. The Pacific is a classic.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing