Intona USB 2.0/3.0 Isolators 2019versions

WilsonDaDa

Apr 10, 2019
Have the 3 of you added a PLiXiR Elite 5V to the Isolators?
Pls do so asap!
;)
Only me use PLiXiR 5v to feed the Isolator 3.0.
One use other brand and found little change while the last one use the isolator without LPS.

WilsonDaDa

Apr 10, 2019
I suggest to buy a short Ultimate usb cable for between the server/streamer and Intona Isolator whereas the downstream side a normal length Ultimate usb cable.
:cool:
Yes, It is the best solution.

Taiko Audio

Industry Expert
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
taikoaudio.com
In my friend group(around 10 audiophiles in HK),3 of us have bought one 2.0 and two 3.0. Both are surprised at the performance of the 2019 version.

Any direct comparisons to share?

I settled on preferring the 2.0 on small scale Jazz and female voices, the 3.0 on classical and live recordings.

Reactions: WilsonDaDa

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
Only me use PLiXiR 5v to feed the Isolator 3.0.
One use other brand and found little change while the last one use the isolator without LPS.
Pls bring your PLiXiR Elite 5V to poison your 2 Isolator friends.

WilsonDaDa

Apr 10, 2019
Pls bring your PLiXiR Elite 5V to poison your 2 Isolator friends.
The fourth is coming and I promise him to bring the PLiXiR 5v for home demo ;)

Reactions: CKKeung

WilsonDaDa

Apr 10, 2019
Any direct comparisons to share?

I settled on preferring the 2.0 on small scale Jazz and female voices, the 3.0 on classical and live recordings.
Got the experience of comparison at local agent. Almost the same findings, The 2.0 is little bit richer in middle range while the 3.0 get better extension in both low and high endings.

Reactions: Taiko Audio

kimurastanley

Mar 16, 2019
Singapore
What is the price range of ultimate USB cable?

kimurastanley

Mar 16, 2019
Singapore
Out of curiosity, any idea if anyone has compared any of the Plixir LPS to the consensus top dogs - Paul Hynes SR7/4 or Sean Jacobs PS 3 (may be DC3, can't remember)? I'm interested in a one solution multiple rail LPS for a switch and router. I'd love to go with a ready-made, great sounding solution that doesn't require long wait times and purchasing of queue spots.

Found this recent review of plixir elite vs keces. Not the LPS but power conditioner.

https://soundnews.net/accessories/plixir-elite-bac-400-power-conditioner-review/

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong

adamaley

Apr 15, 2016
Minnetonka, MN
Hi @CKKeung. What were you using prior to the Plixir, and what would you say the improvements were moving to the Plixir?

kimurastanley

Mar 16, 2019
Singapore
Just spoke to James, apparently newer build of PLiXir products have better performance as he keeps improving the build.

kimurastanley

Mar 16, 2019
Singapore
This is the PLiXiR power conditioner I am using.
:D
Should we have a separate thread to discuss plixir products instead of hijacking intona thread :eek:

Reactions: QuadDiffuser

kimurastanley

Mar 16, 2019
Singapore
Recently got the intona 3.0 and tried it with and without DC power supply.
There is less attack on mid bass with external power. When plug in the plixir BDC, the kicks and attacks back.

Intona 3.0 is good stuff, transforms the sounds in a very positive way. 20190921_212513.jpg 20190921_212603.jpg 20190921_212441.jpg

Jesus R

May 6, 2016
So, in a SGC/Sonore world, we're poss talking
SGC i5 or 7 w LPS
opticalRendu w LPS
opticalModule w LPS
Intona Isolator w LPS
Switch (maybe upcoming Uptone EtherRegen) w LPS, or Paul Pang quad switch w additional LPS
Gigafoil filter (w LPS?)
Dac w LPS
Router w LPS.

I make that 16 boxes, 8 pwr cords, 8 dc leads, 12-16 isolation platforms.

Just looking at my one-box cdp and tt, and remarking how simple it seems in comparison.
A CDP is simple, but there is no need to make our solution more complicated than it needs to be. A Rendu is a replacement for a standard computer in the audio room. It can accept streams from a regular computer, dedicated server, NAS, or directly from the internet. There is no need to power the server, router, or fiber media converter with a linear power supply. We don’t recommend anything specific before or after the Rendu. We do recommend a linear power supply for the Rendu. We also make a single box solution which is a Rendu with a linear power supply.

Last edited:

QuadDiffuser

VIP/Donor
Apr 2, 2017
Hong Kong
What is the price range of ultimate USB cable?

MSRP prices for the Intona USB Ultimate cable lengths:
1.0m is 2,050 EUR
0.5m is 1,640 EUR
0.2m is 1,310 EUR

I’ve been auditioning the 1.0m and 0.5m lengths, and I’m delighted with their performance, used in the following configuration:

Aurender W20 > 1.0m USB Ultimate >
SOtM USBultra (powered by PLiXIR Elite BDC 12V 2A) >
0.5m USB Ultimate > MSB Technology Pro ISL >
Dual optical fiber link > MSB Technology input module >
MSB Select II DAC (Femto 33 clock, dual mono PS)

Currently considering changing the 1.0m length to a shorter one, to either the 0.5m or even the 0.2m for maximum performance. I’m lucky I don’t need the extra length, and I believe that the shorter, the better. The cables are very flexible in the single plane of the natural curvature, but are so stiff in the axial dimension (likely due to the exterior mesh shield) that “twisting” is pretty much impossible, except maybe for the 1.5m length which might manage a 180* flip of one of the connectors.

Last edited:

elan120

Dec 22, 2019
Anyone had a chance to compare Intona's USB2/3 with other known USB isolators/re-clockers like tx-USBUltra, IsoRegen...etc.?

In the meantime, I am trying to understand the differences between USB3.0 vs. USB3.0 5KV, the description seems very similar.

Grannyring

Oct 6, 2014
Franklin, TN
I am trying the Intona 3 with no LPS but Roon cannot detect a device now? Cannot get this to work between my Innuos Zen 3 server and dac. Any ideas? Never had this issue before using other usb filters, reclockers etc...Roon keeps showing the error message no device can be found when the Intona 3 is inserted into my system.

Grannyring

Oct 6, 2014
Franklin, TN
Well after trying all possible on/off recycling options I got it working. Seems my Amber 3 dac must be on first, then power up the server. This is the only way to get Roon to see the Intona 3. Strange, but it works.

Reactions: nuway

QuadDiffuser

VIP/Donor
Apr 2, 2017
Hong Kong
Well after trying all possible on/off recycling options I got it working. Seems my Amber 3 dac must be on first, then power up the server. This is the only way to get Roon to see the Intona 3. Strange, but it works.
In my system, a similar phenomenon happens between the Aurender W20 > SOtM USBultra > MSB Technologies Pro USB module; the USBultra must be power cycled on/off each time the source component Aurender is powered off, so that there is a fresh handshake - otherwise these is no USB connection from the Aurender to the DAC.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing