San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
Thanks for posting that interview Alex.
A good read.
I had the pleasure of meeting and talking to him at Munich earlier this year. A really capable guy and I found him very open and easy to talk to, rather like listening to his speakers.

Mdp632

May 29, 2016
Pretty cool interview with Mr. YG!

What’s in the Box? Speaker Design with YG Acoustics' Yoav Geva

In the end, he lets the cat out of the bag on the new InVincible subwoofers with 21" machined aluminum drivers!

Thanks for sharing Alex. IMHO Mr. Geva is probably the most gifted speaker designer today. He has objectively solved design problems via his proprietary technologies.

His crossover Dual Coherent technology is the secret sauce that gives YG the edge over his competitors.

Now, I just wish perhaps he would tackle trickling down that tech into something even more accessible than a Carmel.

Perhaps a Magico A3 competitor.

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
Barry,

Yes, I've known Geva for a while, and he's possibly the most passionate, single-minded person I've met in this industry. He really has a laser-sharp focus on his products, and never gives up until he's reached what he considers the best possible solution.

mdp632,

Unlike the other manufacturers who use aluminum, YG doesn't outsource. Everything is made right there, down to the nuts and bots, and with 5-6 million US$ in machinery that needs to be paid off, it's tricky to come out with less expensive products. I have proposed many times that they outsource parts of a potentially entry-level speaker, even before the A3 was announced, but it seems they're not very keen on the idea.

While not exactly what you're looking for, I know there's a product coming out next year that'll turn a few heads...

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing