Internet neutrality

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
I have not read the decision by the FCC or the court case allegedly ending Internet neutrality. Others believe the sky is falling. Google is my friend. .I,'ll try to find it.

j_j

Jun 25, 2013
In the Rain
home.comcast.net
Be curious what a lawyer has to say about it. The one I know who has already commented was kind of scathing, but also pointed out that the judge effectively told the FCC how to get it right.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
That would be an advisory opinion. There is no guarantee you'll get the same judge or that he will be consistent when presented with a new set of facts.

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
Hello, Greg. With all due respect, what does this have to do with the general audio forum?

Tom

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Good evening Tom. I've beentring to get to North Carolina for some time. I hang out on the East Cost about thirty miles from the ocean.
in response to your question the forums are loosely defined and substantial leeway is given. There is no need for a long debate. I woud have no ojectionto moving it to the Anthing Goes Off Topic Forum.

Internet neutrality is very important. .Imagine if I googled WBF and the search engine sent me to three other sponsored sites first.

Have a good night. Sorryabout the Panthers.

RayDunzl

Jun 26, 2014
Tampa
Hello, Greg. With all due respect, what does this have to do with the general audio forum?

Tom

Well, delivery of digital entertainment, via audio or video data.

Mosin

[Industry Expert]
Mar 11, 2012
Net Neutrality is nothing more than a power grab by Government. The glorious leaders cannot stand it that a last frontier exists that they cannot manage, tax, or otherwise control. As-is, the Internet promotes free thinking, entrepreneurship, exchange of ideas, and other radical activities that tend to enlighten the masses. That will never do because Government has to protect...err, control us.

By the way, if you Googled WBF and the search engine sent you to three other sponsored sites first, a competitive search engine would soon rise up. After all, that is how Google came to be. They built a better mousetrap.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
That's the point to keep it 'as is". That's what nthe FCC was trying to do. Internt non-neutrality would come not just from Bing. Your internet provider could do things like making thier preferred choice run faster causing you to switch to it.

Phelonious Ponk

Jun 30, 2010
Net Neutrality is nothing more than a power grab by Government. The glorious leaders cannot stand it that a last frontier exists that they cannot manage, tax, or otherwise control. As-is, the Internet promotes free thinking, entrepreneurship, exchange of ideas, and other radical activities that tend to enlighten the masses. That will never do because Government has to protect...err, control us.

By the way, if you Googled WBF and the search engine sent you to three other sponsored sites first, a competitive search engine would soon rise up. After all, that is how Google came to be. They built a better mousetrap.

Internet neutrality is a "government power grab?" Do you know what internet neutrality means?

Tim

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
That's the point to keep it 'as is". That's what nthe FCC was trying to do. Internt non-neutrality would come not just from Bing. Your internet provider could do things like making thier preferred choice run faster causing you to switch to it.
Speaking of your Internet provider doing things to you, they hooked me up to their cables when they came over for the install, sent heaven knows what signal into me and I have never been the same since:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing