Impex Records is it

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012
I have several Impex pressings and all are absolutely fantastic. One of the most consistent audiophile reissuing companies that I've come across.

ack

May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
Enjoy them! A true, real reference

redandgold

Jun 3, 2018
Thank you, nice story. I guess Impex is my favorit record label. Have most of their LPs. Good sound, good pressing, low noise, no clicks and pops.

Up to now no disappointment.

In my favorit list maybe this ranking:
Impex
Intervention Records
MA Recording
Analogue Productions
Pure Pleasure
MoFi

astrotoy

VIP/Donor
May 24, 2010
SF Bay Area
Are Cisco and Impex related? I seem to remember something about that. I have the great Jennifer Warnes Famous Blue Raincoat in a four record 45 20th anniversary box (contains lots of extra material) from Cisco and then a 33 single disc reissue from Impex. I had problems with the 45 with some pressing/scratches issues, but the Impex was flawless.

Larry

Reactions: timztunz

ack

May 6, 2010
Boston, MA

redandgold

Jun 3, 2018
Are Cisco and Impex related? I seem to remember something about that. I have the great Jennifer Warnes Famous Blue Raincoat in a four record 45 20th anniversary box (contains lots of extra material) from Cisco and then a 33 single disc reissue from Impex. I had problems with the 45 with some pressing/scratches issues, but the Impex was flawless.

Larry
All my three Impex Jennifer Warnes were flawless without amy issue to complain. Only sonically I prefer the JW The Hunter Boxstar version a bit.

astrotoy

VIP/Donor
May 24, 2010
SF Bay Area
All my three Impex Jennifer Warnes were flawless without amy issue to complain. Only sonically I prefer the JW The Hunter Boxstar version a bit.

Is The Hunter Boxstar still available? I can't find it on Discogs or the Boxstar website. Thanks, Larry

tima

Industry Expert
Mar 3, 2014
the Upper Midwest
I've had excellent results with Impex over the years - a quality label. Iirc Cisco lost their underwriting so the guys in that company started Impex; from a couple phone conversations they are very (I mean very!) enthusiastic about making records.

Really nice job with the Legrand Jazz and Heifetz Beethoven sonatas reissues. But my real fav is their reissue of Glenn Gould and Leonard Bernstein's Beethoven 4th Piano Concerto.

0002510197-300x300.jpg
The look of total confidence.

Reactions: astrotoy

redandgold

Jun 3, 2018
I don‘t know, I bought it 2-3 years from the german distributor/dealer above mentioned. At this time he had a small remaining stock. He has so gentle to let me compare and I preferred the Boxstar. But the Impex is great, too. You don‘t miss a lot with the Impex.

Reactions: astrotoy

astrotoy

VIP/Donor
May 24, 2010
SF Bay Area
Just ordered the new Jennifer Warnes album Another Time, Another Place on Impex (from Elusive Disc). First album in 16+ years. Jennifer is 72! Digitally recorded in 2018. Remember her on the Smothers Brothers Comedy Hour in the late '60's?

https://elusivedisc.com/jennifer-warnes-another-time-another-place-180g-lp/

Take a look at the description of the album and the reviews. Lots of heartache in her life since her last album, "The Well " in 2001.

Larry

Reactions: timztunz and ack

ack

May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
If you like this music, then also get this

only 3000 copies, I got in early on a couple of months ago

redandgold

Jun 3, 2018
I own the 33rpm-version of this item. Even my copy is so outstanding great that I can nearly not imagine how the 45rpm can be better. ;)

The pressing is dead silent, no noise. Sonically the LP is really great. Dynamic and clear, but in addition music flow and good transients. I own too the UltraHD 32bit-CD which is good sounding. But the Impex is another league.

I was hard thinking if I really add the 45rpm as a third version. :eek:

Reactions: ack

ack

May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
I own the 33rpm-version of this item. Even my copy is so outstanding great that I can nearly not imagine how the 45rpm can be better. ;)

I got serial #159 before Xmas, just played it, it is even cleaner, more dynamic, and once again, zero pops, ticks or surface noise. Totally realistic! I don't know who presses for them, but shame on plants like QRP I say, they cannot match this level of pressing precision. F*ing impressive sound and pressing!

Reactions: redandgold

daytona600

Sep 9, 2012
scotland
one step/ultradisc in 2020
. image_22128.jpg

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Reactions: exupgh12

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing