How Reliable are Ferraris These Days?

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
Most modern F-cars are, well, not terribly attractive. I do think the 458 Speciale looked decent.

I'd take a 355 Spyder over most, but they are some of the scariest to own.
There are going to be some big changes in the Ferrari line up over the next few years.
And i agree about the scary part but for me, anything 430 and older, anything with the F1 shift system and timing belts.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Baby steps, but its coming!
Starting with this, but an all electric is also coming.
https://www.theverge.com/2019/5/30/...g-in-hybrid-electric-car-range-specs-features

Hybrid. All-electric eDrive mode has only a 15-mile range (for groceries if you live within say 5 miles from Wal-Mart).

I like the design very much. And eventually Ferrari, Lamborghini, Bugatti, etc. (French, Italian, German, American, ...) will all be full electric cars. It's not a question of if but when.
The same for planes and boats, including warships and warplanes. ...And land tanks, bulldozers, etc.

We won't witness all this us here, but our future blood.

Last edited:

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
Hybrid. All-electric eDrive mode has only a 15- mile range (for groceries if you live within say 5 miles from Wal-Mart).

I like the design very much. And eventually Ferrari, Lamborghini, Bugatti, etc. (French, Italian, German, American, ...) will all be full electric cars. It's not a question of if but when.
The same for planes and boats, including warships and warplanes. ...And land tanks, bulldozers, etc.

We won't witness all this us here, but our future blood.
LOL Ferrari Hybrids have ZERO to do with saving the planet at this point, purely for performance reasons.

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
The first call I get from all 812 owners is "how in the hell do I disable the stop start system, it unacceptable that this 12 cylinder beast is silent at the intersection"

Wow, I bet that start/stop moves the fuel economy from ~7 mpg to at least 7.02 mpg... ;)

Reactions: ack

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
LOL Ferrari Hybrids have ZERO to do with saving the planet at this point, purely for performance reasons.

Mike, who said anything about saving the planet?
You have me confused with someone else. :)

We're all free to live Ferrari happy and healthy, we make that choice and nobody else.

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
Tesla should give their cars a Ferrari V12 sound plug in
And a greta thunberg Gps system voice over.
May be then we can save the planet lol

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
Another nice Italian sound .

My next bike will be a aprillia RSV4 RF (with a SC project exhaust it sounds almost like a MOTO GP machine)

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
I think Dan Neil, of The Wall Street Journal, is a very entertaining automotive writer.

In today’s paper is his piece on the entry-level Ferrari.

6E71A4B8-8119-4559-BAED-5D324041550C.jpeg

Reactions: fizzletop

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
I think Dan Neil, of The Wall Street Journal, is a very entertaining automotive writer.

In today’s paper is his piece on the entry-level Ferrari.

View attachment 60967
That was a hoot and yes they fixed all the ergonomic issues I had with the California T and made it faster and lighter at the same time.
The Roma is clearly Aston Martin / Jaguar hunting at its best. The SUV is coming soon as well as the AWD 1000hp Hybrid SF90 Stradale with three electric motors. The SP1 & SP2 are stunning and I cant wait till our orders start coming in.

He is correct, big changes in the next few years. They clearly have decided to expand their market.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing