Hint of new Magico products

Déjà vu

Apr 2, 2013
Switzerland
yes, powered by Soulution 701. I will be in Paris the 28 evening, I may go there for a listening

ready to play!

Please tell us how it works?

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
Those are lovely looking speakers. Is this in the dealer's room in Paris? I wonder if that coffee table will remain in front of the listening area during the demonstration. I've always thought that a highly reflective table top between the speakers and the listening seat would adversely effect the quality of the sound? Perhaps its not an issue.

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass
I hope we get reports from listeners!

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
Yes, any reflective surface in front of you, like a mixing board in a studio or a coffee table will introduce comb filtering. For you objectivist, this is easily measurable.

Joel

Sep 13, 2013
www.audiophile-magazine.com
I hope we get reports from listeners!

Just had a listen this morning with Alon Wolf. It's definitely a great loudspeaker. The tweeter is simply outstanding. The tonal balance seems to be even more on the neutral side, with more air and dynamic skills. Not far from the perfect speaker to my ears. Soundstage expands seamlessly keeping things to their normal size without any zoom effect.
A very interesting move from Magico !

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Just had a listen this morning with Alon Wolf. It's definitely a great loudspeaker. The tweeter is simply outstanding. The tonal balance seems to be even more on the neutral side, with more air and dynamic skills. Not far from the perfect speaker to my ears. Soundstage expands seamlessly keeping things to their normal size without any zoom effect.

How does it compare with Q7 or Q5?

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass

Thank you so much for the report, Joel. Interesting to hear that the tonal balance is neutral; I had heard that it was voiced like the S5 but with much more bass.

Last edited:

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Thank you so much for the report, Joel. Great to hear that the tonal balance is neutral; I had heard that it was voiced like the S5 but with much more bass.

THAT is intriguing...i like S5 balance...was the M also designed to have an even lower noise floor?

Joel

Sep 13, 2013
How does it compare with Q7 or Q5?

I would say with Q7 but the M is really something special. It's the first time I am completely convinced about all aspects. There is more light and a more gorgeous midrange compared to the few time I heard the Q7. Everything sounds very natural, with just the right weight on bass and density. I think that these new light carbon drivers are a true wonder.

Joel

Sep 13, 2013
Thank you so much for the report, Joel. Interesting to hear that the tonal balance is neutral; I had heard that it was voiced like the S5 but with much more bass.

I found the new Wolf's babies really balanced. They can slam and play hard when required but everything seems even more under control versus previous series. I never had the sensation that they were delivering too much or not enough. That's pure high-end in my opinion, keeping first order performance preserving the exact scale... :)

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
I would say with Q7 but the M is really something special. It's the first time I am completely convinced about all aspects. There is more light and a more gorgeous midrange compared to the few time I heard the Q7. Everything sounds very natural, with just the right weight on bass and density. I think that these new light carbon drivers are a true wonder.

They have addressed some queries from those who struggled with the Q series despite all of their wonderful attributes. Many of those who did...seemed to get on well with the S5. But combining the strengths of both lines seems like a sure-fire winner. Thanks for the advanced preview!!!

dmnc02

Member Sponsor
Jul 10, 2012
PA, USA

What was the rest of the system?

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA

Thanks Joel. This is a very promising report. I sure hope this M Project is a platform for future Magico designs and that this latest technology will find its way into smaller speakers. Magico continues to push technology and seems to never stand still. With such a limited production, we may look back and consider this speaker a real milestone and true collectors item. It sure has a lovely form and it is great to read some of these early reports about its performance.

Joel

Sep 13, 2013
What was the rest of the system?

Two Soulution 701 monaural amps and Origin CD player, that was a bit undersized compared to the other components...
The new Soulution amps seem also a nice improvement over the previous versions.

dmnc02

Member Sponsor
Jul 10, 2012
PA, USA
Two Soulution 701 monaural amps and Origin CD player, that was a bit undersized compared to the other components...
The new Soulution amps seem also a nice improvement over the previous versions.

Thank you

Joel

Sep 13, 2013
Thanks Joel. This is a very promising report. I sure hope this M Project is a platform for future Magico designs and that this latest technology will find its way into smaller speakers. Magico continues to push technology and seems to never stand still. With such a limited production, we may look back and consider this speaker a real milestone and true collectors item. It sure has a lovely form and it is great to read some of these early reports about its performance.

Yes, Alon think seriously about extending this new technology to other products. That' s almost what I understood talking to him this morning.
Will try to write more details about my impressions and new technical improvements on 6moons next week.
Cheers,
Joël

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass
Yes, Alon think seriously about extending this new technology to other products. That' s almost what I understood talking to him this morning.
Will try to write more details about my impressions and new technical improvements on 6moons next week.
Cheers,
Joël

Thanks again, Joël, I will keep my eyes on 6moons!

Frank750

VIP/Donor
Jul 8, 2011
I think it's great that Magico is constantly pushing their technology forward, but does a Magico customer ever feel like they've gotten the full measure of Magico's expertise for more than a couple of months? Seems like the new "best" is always just around the corner.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing