Hint of new Magico products

It looks like the carbon finish, if you look closly you can see the carbon pattern.

Thanks. Perhaps it is my monitor, could not see detail on the finish.

It looks like it's covered with a protective layer/film. Maybe that's what gives it the glossy look

There are some rumors in Hong Kong saying that the Q series will be discontinued soon but the local dealer gives no official comment.

Any WBF members having any reliable info on the way forward of Magico?

Thanks a lot!

When did the Q line first appear?

Interesting how recessed the woofers appear to be.

Interesting how recessed the woofers appear to be.

Another point to consider is those beasts are 3 way contrary to 4 way Q5 and Q7. Interesting. I remember Alon in an interview explaining similarities and differences between Q5 and Q3 saying Q5 is 4 way hence more linear bass response is better than 3 way Q3. I wonder if he still thinks the same while M Project is 3 way.

Goodwins had a link to more information which, although released in June, I had not seen/read before. Now I see that it was envisioned as an alternative to the Q7 for people who wished similar performance in a smaller & lighter speaker.

Goodwins had a link to more information which, although released in June, I had not seen/read before. Now I see that it was envisioned as an alternative to the Q7 for people who wished similar performance in a smaller & lighter speaker.

The problem with that is the fact they are only making 50 sets. I see it more as a prototype for a future series.

The problem with that is the fact they are only making 50 sets. I see it more as a prototype for a future series.

I'm sure you're right - or at least I sure hope you are.

While I would be interested in something the scale of the Q7, I wouldn't want it's tonal balance per se. Would be really hard to make a leap of faith purchase at this kind of price. By the time we get any feedback on how it sounds it won't be available, which is certainly frustrating.

I'm sure you're right - or at least I sure hope you are.

While I would be interested in something the scale of the Q7, I wouldn't want it's tonal balance per se. Would be really hard to make a leap of faith purchase at this kind of price. By the time we get any feedback on how it sounds it won't be available, which is certainly frustrating.

Somehow, I am guessing high, high likelihood it is a speaker with the power of a Q7 and the tonal balance of an S5. There was a HUGE groundswell of support from a different market for the S5 from what I can observe...loads of people who support the S5 are NOT particularly huge fans of the Q series. But there are Q fans who still like the S (though not all).

AW is very market-saavy and I suspect he sensed that immediately, and designed the M to take the S tonal balance and bring it up a few notches by combining it with the extreme construction and build quality originally reserved for his Q series to deliver even greater detail, decay, response balance, etc... Just a hunch.

I assume that is not a specific information Goodwins have and the rest dont, rather it seems like an interpretation of Goodwins and their guess how M would compare against Q7. Though I ordered new M, I am not in an expectation that they would fully compete with Q7. The size/dimensions as well as bass woofers claim it can not the same low end visceral punch and energy of Q7. For sure they should challenge Q7s in some areas and even exceed, but I do not think they will fit as smaller Q7 or AW had in his mind creating a smaller Q7. My two cents of course...

Last edited:
I assume that is not a specific information Goodwins have and the rest dont, rather it seems like an interpretation of Goodwins and their guess how M would compare against Q7. Though I ordered new M, I am not in an expectation that they would fully compete with Q7. The size/dimensions as well as bass woofers claim it can not the same low end visceral punch and energy of Q7. For sure they should challenge Q7s in some areas and even exceed, but I do not think they will not fit as smaller Q7 or AW had in his mind creating a smaller Q7. My two cents of course...

Congrats!!! Do let us know what you think when they arrive...looking forward to any 'listening notes' you might wish to provide. nice system by the way.

Yes, congrats! I'm sure you're going to be very happy!

Somehow, I am guessing high, high likelihood it is a speaker with the power of a Q7 and the tonal balance of an S5. There was a HUGE groundswell of support from a different market for the S5 from what I can observe...loads of people who support the S5 are NOT particularly huge fans of the Q series. But there are Q fans who still like the S (though not all).

AW is very market-saavy and I suspect he sensed that immediately, and designed the M to take the S tonal balance and bring it up a few notches by combining it with the extreme construction and build quality originally reserved for his Q series to deliver even greater detail, decay, response balance, etc... Just a hunch.

Interesting insight.
I hope future trickle down will help with a S7, and/or a Q6.

Congrats!!! Do let us know what you think when they arrive...looking forward to any 'listening notes' you might wish to provide. nice system by the way.

Thank you! For sure I will share my initial observations when these beasts arrive. :D

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing