High End Audio... Really?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Tbh, the number of useless men in charge of running many hifi rooms makes me very happy to see the opposite.

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
There goes the social credit score down the tubes.

Reactions: Bobvin

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014
Tbh, the number of useless men in charge of running many hifi rooms makes me very happy to see the opposite.
Lol, the thought of some boomer dude wearing butt padding and budgie smugglers and thrusting his back end up against a sub tower and striking a pose for the crowds to give him something useful to do is not really a cleansing thought.

Last edited:
Reactions: cjfrbw

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
I'd pay BIG bucks to see Peter Wankergate Breuninger get into the swing of things.

Can you imagine the negative reviews online and the mega deflating of the biggest ego in this hobby.

Reactions: bonzo75

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014
It’s funny, just saw Sfox’s lustworthy pic of a box of Nos 1967 WE 300B’s and all thoughts of any scantily clad people just dissipated. We audiophiles know where our adrenals and our dopamine triggers really are... valves!!!

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
The only time a pretty girl was relevant to hifi sales was the time the TTWeights tt designer plonked a little starlet on the platter of his uber high torque rim drive, and it maintained perfect speed without breaking sweat.

"Hi, I'm Christine, and my vital stats are 33.33 - 45 - 78".

Narayan

Oct 6, 2015
Please stop the objectifying posts.

How do we ever expect to attract women and millennials to this hobby with low class sports bar posts like this?

Ron, most of us here are men and not millenials, we keep the forum alive and to be honest some low class banter and frolicking can be really fun sometimes, maybe you should try it, instead of criticizing those who engage in it because it might alienate your new target demographic. I come here to learn and having fun whilst doing so is priceless, I don´t want to feel like I need to apply self censorship because of the extremely unlikely event I might offend someone who is not even here.
Using pretty women to promote product is as old as human kind, Jörn Janczak from Tidal has used his beautiful wife in ads and I haven´t heard anyone complain, when done tastefully such a feminine touch is more than welcome, it´s a million times better than seing the back of the heads of balding mature men all the time.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
The Estelon daughters as well.

Reactions: christoph

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Ron, most of us here are men and not millenials, we keep the forum alive and to be honest some low class banter and frolicking can be really fun sometimes, maybe you should try it, instead of criticizing those who engage in it because it might alienate your new target demographic. I come here to learn and having fun whilst doing so is priceless, I don´t want to feel like I need to apply self censorship because of the extremely unlikely event I might offend someone who is not even here.
Using pretty women to promote product is as old as human kind, Jörn Janczak from Tidal has used his beautiful wife in ads and I haven´t heard anyone complain, when done tastefully such a feminine touch is more than welcome, it´s a million times better than seing the back of the heads of balding mature men all the time.

Thank you for your thoughts.

I would prefer the low class banter on this high class website to be zero or close to zero.

The fact that something has been the same way for a very long time is not, without more, dispositive as to whether it necessarily is a good thing or a bad thing.

There are a million websites on the internet which specialize in or countenance low class frolicking. This is not one of them.

Reactions: ctydwn and ack

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Well, I always get double vision in the Estelon room. That must be why I see two Mr. Estelons as well Lol.

Bobvin

VIP/Donor
Jun 7, 2014
Portland
www.purewatersystems.com

I would prefer the low class banter on this high class website to be zero or close to zero.

The fact that something has been the same way for a very long time is not, without more, dispositive as to whether it necessarily is a good thing or a bad thing.

There are a million websites on the internet which specialize in or countenance low class frolicking. This is not one of them.

While I appreciate this sentiment, I was once censored on another forum for telling a joke with some curse words in the humor thread. The reason offered was it might be offensive to women who might visit the forum.

But lets be honest about the demographic of this hobby, it is significantly populated by middle to middle+ (++, +++) aged men. Any female audiophile recognizes this already, and is likely also a mature woman who understands men are, sometimes (most of the time), just acting like adolescent boys. I would also argue she would also find the humor and silliness of using sexually provocative models.

That having been said, I was looking at a cartridge thread showing pictures VdH XGW Stradivarius and thought to myself “damn girl, put some clothes on, you can’t go out like that!” That is one nude cartridge.

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
All I see is an elbow way too close to a very expensive tone arm, it actually made me cringe.

Last edited:
Reactions: MPS

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014
Gee, I don't know...

I still have a pulse.
Lol. Along with your many and varied skills, your broad knowledge base in both music and audio and your fantastical wordsmith ways and sense of comic uhmmm timing... also having a pulse is a big +

I’m holding onto mine as well.

tao

Last edited:

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London

Sorry, we disagree this is low class. Low class for me is where snobbish audiophiles flaunt bad sounding products because they are pricey. This turns away millennials and these guys also lie to their wives about the bills.

Also you are in dangerous territory, as you cannot be the self appointed judge of good and bad here, as that is what you think of woke liberals

Last edited:

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Sorry, we disagree this is low class. Low class for me is where snobbish audiophiles flaunt bad sounding products because they are pricey. This turns away millennials and these guys also lie to their wives about the bills.

Also you are in dangerous territory, as you cannot be the self appointed judge of good and bad here, as that is what you think of woke liberals
Ked, you know the saying
"My gaff, my rules".

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing