Hi i am trying to build a system and could use help with subwoofers

KCMO1228

Jan 19, 2024
Lees Summit Missouri
So i am looking at a couple subwoofers on marketplace in my area. There is a GoldenEar Forcefield 4 and a Earthquake Subwoofer, both are 10" woofers with radiators . Was just wondering if anyone knew anything about them and the quality. I am also looking for suggestions , my price range is $500-$800. I will mainly be playing movies, rap and some heavy metal.

theJman

Jan 14, 2021
New Joisey
With both companies you tend to get optimistic measurements and ratings, something to be mindful of if you're comparing their spec's. GE products will be newer tech, Earthquake really hasn't updated anything in many years. They do share a design ethos in that both aim for room friendly enclosure sizes, that will diminish output capabilities though as deep bass played loud requires larger enclosures.

I'm not sure what the room size is - nor your expectations - but movies and rap music played at volume can push a subwoofer hard, something to be aware of. If your room size is not terribly large either of those could satisfy your needs, depending upon condition and age of course.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing