Hearing loss after Air Bag Deployment!

danielk141

Mar 13, 2012
I'm wondering how much pressure in a modern (well sealed) vehicle is achieved upon deployment. I live in Phoenix and the sliding rear window in my Tacoma is open about an inch always, unless it is raining, or I'm in a dust storm.
I am very sensitive to the pressure from my vehicle AC, which is cranked up pretty often, in the summer.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Wow, that is a large amount of air pressure.
Best is to not be in a situation where they need to be deployed.
But how can you prevent that, accidents do happen and airbags do save lives.
It's one spot where further advancements and finer refinements are in constant development.
I'm sure car manufacturers are conscientious of those facts.
Safety first, life first, music first. :)

Kcin

VIP/Donor
Mar 27, 2016
Canada
I endured a minor concussion with all bags and curtains deploying in a M5 BMW 2 years ago from a real bonehead move by another driver.

Uk Paul

Member Sponsor
Sep 27, 2012
UK
Years ago a guy at work lost an eye when the airbag sent his glasses into his face. They may save your life but there are many stories of airbag injuries around. Even before the Takata fiasco.

Don,

I nearly suffered the same, my glasses cut my eyelid open around my left eye as the lens was pushed out of the frame by the airbag, I was very lucky to climb out and walk away from a head on at 60mph. Tbh I dont remember the airbag noise, the impact sound was probably louder I would think..

Reactions: bonzo75

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing