Has anyone heard the Devialet D-Premier Integrated Amp/DAC

What do you mean? why don't you have to try it because you have those cables? the tweak works with all cables.

Silver pins of Kondo SPc are very, very thin and the only possible way to connect them to speaker plugs is put pins inside the holes and screw them with outer casing.

Silver pins of Kondo SPc are very, very thin and the only possible way to connect them to speaker plugs is put pins inside the holes and screw them with outer casing.

the outer casing does nothing for bananas, it is only used to fix spades. The inner hole is a massive metal part.

Ah that explains it, but it sounds like a terrible way of connecting your cables.

Ah that explains it, but it sounds like a terrible way of connecting your cables.

Terrible? What do You mean? Kondo speaker cables - all types - have only silver pins. This is very special way of ending cables and not very useful. But Kondo says it is the best one for the sound.

20140109205479627962.jpg

A reviewer in positive-feedback online magazine says:

,,SPc sounds smooth, but not to excess, and it is MUCH BETTER than everything I've tried, except some of the mega-buck speaker cables."

and THIS IS TRUE.

Terrible? What do You mean? Kondo speaker cables - all types - have only silver pins. This is very special way of ending cables and not very useful. But Kondo says it is the best one for the sound.

View attachment 15493

A reviewer in positive-feedback online magazine says:

,,SPc sounds smooth, but not to excess, and it is MUCH BETTER than everything I've tried, except some of the mega-buck speaker cables."

and THIS IS TRUE.

I'm sure the cable itself is good but to use pins that don't fit 99% of most speaker/amplifier terminals is just stupid.

On att. photo I spot sth that looks like black cable from Acoustic Revive Grounding Conditioner RGC-24.
http://www.acoustic-revive.com/english/rgc24/rgc24_01.html

Am I right? I have it and I am wondering where You put that black circle?

View attachment 15494

Very sharp eyes there Mr. Moreno ;) It is indeed a RGC-24, it's a leftover from my old Krell-rig I don't know if it does any good on my Devialet but I have it connected to one of the empty RCA sockets and it goes down to the shelf below and sits on my Nordost Thor power conditioner.

I have pure silver solid core cables from german-highend, they are also terminated with pure silver bananas. They are hollow and I can use a knife to widen them if required. I need some pressure to move them into the Devialet's connectors. If I see that correctly then you could do the same. If the pins are loose then something is wrong and you should complain...

I have pure silver solid core cables from german-highend, they are also terminated with pure silver bananas. They are hollow and I can use a knife to widen them if required. I need some pressure to move them into the Devialet's connectors. If I see that correctly then you could do the same. If the pins are loose then something is wrong and you should complain...

I think that my explanations was wrong. This photo shows all;-)

Devialet silver pins cr.jpg

I am testing now USB cable Transparent Audio Premium - 600 USD pp. It sounds very natural, smooth and midrange is very good. Bass is very well controlled.

What are Yours preffered USB cables? Anyone compared this Transparent USB cable with any high price USB cables (Audioquest Diamond)?

What are Yours preffered USB cables? Anyone compared this Transparent USB cable with any high price USB cables (Audioquest Diamond)?
Found that - Klick.

In another forum a user was speaking highly about Oyaide Oyaie Continental S.

Me myself took this one: NuForce Impuls Cable.
Did not compare it to other cables with multiple price yet, but cannot complain. Wunderfull sound quality.

Hi all,
My first post here...

I also have a pair of Devialets, an odd configuration with one 240 and one D-Premier in dual mono (yes it works beautifully). I now have the new beta firmware and quite happy with the results...

I tried the Phono input but there is significant amount of hiss, noticeable from the listening chair from 16db volume. I can hear the hiss between the songs and at quiet passages and it should be hurting the overall quality.

Cartridges are Koetsu Urushi Sky Blue (60Ohm loading) and Lyra Skala (100 Ohm loading) (I use both phono inputs) and the hiss is there for both of them.

Any experience? Suggestions?

Thanks

Was the hiss noticeable prior to the beta software?

I take it you mean '-16dB' not 16dB above the 0dB mark, because if it's +16dB, I'm not surprised you are hearing hiss. That's loud enough that the cartridge is picking up the background radiation of the universe across its coils!

Have you re-enabled AIR modules after the firmware update? It seems as if the AIR module goes hunting for Wi-Fi when not allied to a specific wireless network, and the phono stage gets caught in the crossfire. Also, I'm not quite sure how you are making this dual mono if you are using both phono sections. One Devialet should be acting as master, the other slave, and it sounds like you might be breaking that rule somehow.

I'd suggest as a test, configuring them as master/slave. Disabling both AIR and the phono input in the slave amp, and either disabling or fully setting up AIR in the master. I'd also suggest using the Skala as its probably going to be the one that draws your attention to the hiss all the more.

Was the hiss noticeable prior to the beta software?

I take it you mean '-16dB' not 16dB above the 0dB mark, because if it's +16dB, I'm not surprised you are hearing hiss. That's loud enough that the cartridge is picking up the background radiation of the universe across its coils!

Have you re-enabled AIR modules after the firmware update? It seems as if the AIR module goes hunting for Wi-Fi when not allied to a specific wireless network, and the phono stage gets caught in the crossfire. Also, I'm not quite sure how you are making this dual mono if you are using both phono sections. One Devialet should be acting as master, the other slave, and it sounds like you might be breaking that rule somehow.

I'd suggest as a test, configuring them as master/slave. Disabling both AIR and the phono input in the slave amp, and either disabling or fully setting up AIR in the master. I'd also suggest using the Skala as its probably going to be the one that draws your attention to the hiss all the more.

Thanks for this...
My configuration is dual mono and I use both analog inputs configured as phono on the master amp.

I dont remember having the hiss before the firmware upgrade. I tried them couple of months ago but I was not satisfied with the sound quality compared to my ARC Ref2SE so that was serving as the phono pre, feeding the Dual Mono with line level analog input. With the new firmware, I wanted to have another go. Also my speakers then were not as revealing as the Altair's now so that may be adding to the issue.

To be honest, now I like the overall sound similar/not far behind to the setup with the ARC, despite the hiss.
AIR (wireless) is turned off as my digital input of preference is Ethernet (with Audioquest Vodka).

Playing around with loading, I managed to get the hiss lower by more ohms, but I did not like the sound with high loading. Current setting is 32 ohms with the Koetsu, and it sounds sublime, but with the hiss.

I made Devialet people aware of this problem as well and hope to receive some insight soon.

And yes, it is -16db.

Cheers

Guys I received an Entreq Silver Tellus ground box today and is doing wonders to my D500 right now.
Cheers...

How does a ground box work in conjunction with the Devialet?
In my case one ground cable in RCA form goes in each mono devialets to one empty RCA input. It is the wooden piece in the picture. This is the master amp.
tellus plug.jpg

So there wooden box's with RCA inputs on, and you use a cable connected to that with a wooden end and plug that into the one unused RCA input on the Devialet? is that correct? How does this make the sound of the Devialet better?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing