Has anyone heard the Devialet D-Premier Integrated Amp/DAC

where did you find that ? No link in my mail or somewhere else. Can you post a link ?

I've got myself in knots here and I think it's probably best if I don't post the link because I'm still having issues with the new configurator (my ex-170, now-200 didn't recognise the config file). I think it's probably best to wait until Devialet confirm the configurator is OK and works with the new firmware, otherwise it's just going to confuse people.

Mine's working fine with the SD card removed though. I appreciate this is less than ideal for some people at the moment.

In terms of sound quality - yes the increased power is definitely beneficial!

I've got myself in knots here and I think it's probably best if I don't post the link because I'm still having issues with the new configurator (my ex-170, now-200 didn't recognise the config file). I think it's probably best to wait until Devialet confirm the configurator is OK and works with the new firmware, otherwise it's just going to confuse people.
Only beta testers might have interest in the appropriate configurator. They are called testers as they know that something surprising might happen. It should be a benefit for Devialet to have reviews concerning the configurator as well. I don´t see, why you should not post the link here?! You don´t have to protect others. We are all adults ;)

Does anyone know if the D-Premier gets bumped up from 240W to 250W as well with this new software??

Oh you talked me into it!
:cool:

Thx.

Did you recognize there the monoblock 400 out of two 170 (äääh 200) :eek: : 400.jpg

Would have been fair to publish this earlier (last year!) that this would be possible in the future.
Maybe one would have driven another decision. Eventually I did.

I´ve got the impression, they are working on the config site, cause you cannot follow every config after choosing one of the Devialets.

Does anyone know if the D-Premier gets bumped up from 240W to 250W as well with this new software??

The D-Premier PS software has not been changed. The DP PS has 2000W peak power, the 250 has 3000W. Maybe they push the 250 even higher in the future...
The D-Premier does also not support SAM. But maybe the D-Premier configurator has not yet been updated...

Oh you talked me into it!

http://en.config.devialet.com/configurator/wizard/new-config

It still says version 6.0 but the model numbers are updated. As I say my 170/200 didn't recognise the config file generated from this so use at your peril!

I just did configuration file using configurator with 200 model selected on web page. All is working perfectly ok. My 200 recognise file very well.

SAM technology is now ready for B&W 802D, Athom GT1, Magico S1, Wilson Sophia 3. Athom GT1 is just 2500 EURO and for many persons will be very interesting option.
http://www.hifiplus.com/articles/atohm-gt1-loudspeaker/

There is a very interesting review of GT1 using SAM technology.
http://thestateofsound.net/2014/04/04/devialet-110-and-atohm-gt1-music-in-all-its-splendor/

The D-Premier PS software has not been changed. The DP PS has 2000W peak power, the 250 has 3000W. Maybe they push the 250 even higher in the future...
The D-Premier does also not support SAM. But maybe the D-Premier configurator has not yet been updated...

I believe that SAM requires the new chip present on the new motherboard. I was under the impression that the D1 would not be able to support it, I could be wrong.

Cheers,
Bernard

i am probably

but then i probably listen to music more than to differences between metal mass on speaker binding posts ;)

shudder but i also use the stock power cords

Good post :)

My concern with the binding post tweak is that it looks like it would be very easy to cause a short as the posts are pretty close to each other.....
That could be one very expensive repair.
You hear stories all the time how amps end up shorted, appreciate it requires both posts to be touched but this tweak does make it much easier to occur.

Cheers
Orb

My concern with the binding post tweak is that it looks like it would be very easy to cause a short as the posts are pretty close to each other.....
That could be one very expensive repair.
You hear stories all the time how amps end up shorted, appreciate it requires both posts to be touched but this tweak does make it much easier to occur.

Cheers
Orb

No risk no fun;-)

BTW I am using KONDO SPc speaker cables with pure silver pins, so I don't have to try this tweak. I recommend trying SPc with Devialet. PCOCC single crystal copper cables are very nice sounding with Devialet.

ksl-spc_img1.jpg

Hi all,
My first post here...

I also have a pair of Devialets, an odd configuration with one 240 and one D-Premier in dual mono (yes it works beautifully). I now have the new beta firmware and quite happy with the results...

I tried the Phono input but there is significant amount of hiss, noticeable from the listening chair from 16db volume. I can hear the hiss between the songs and at quiet passages and it should be hurting the overall quality.

Cartridges are Koetsu Urushi Sky Blue (60Ohm loading) and Lyra Skala (100 Ohm loading) (I use both phono inputs) and the hiss is there for both of them.

Any experience? Suggestions?

Thanks

A little tip for those of us who use banana plugs, try screwing off the outer casing of the speaker plug on the amplifier...

Thank you for the suggestion... The casing resists a bit to get loose though...
But the result, for me, is worth it.
Now the tweaker inside wonders if the posts can be upgraded to WBT? Will definitely void the warranty, but...

Thank you for the suggestion... The casing resists a bit to get loose though...
But the result, for me, is worth it.
Now the tweaker inside wonders if the posts can be upgraded to WBT? Will definitely void the warranty, but...

I'm glad you appreciate the results! and yes it's too bad that Devialet doesn't install good plugs from the beginning, something like WBT Nextgen would be nice.

No risk no fun;-)

BTW I am using KONDO SPc speaker cables with pure silver pins, so I don't have to try this tweak. I recommend trying SPc with Devialet. PCOCC single crystal copper cables are very nice sounding with Devialet.

]

What do you mean? why don't you have to try it because you have those cables? the tweak works with all cables.

Hi Ekmanc,
works for me as well. Similar improvement as with the WBT nextgen mod on my speakers, but not so big. But for free...

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing