marty

Apr 20, 2010
Far Hills, NJ
Last edited:

still-one

Member Sponsor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
Well I may have just heard the most moving version during the PBS special "Leonard Cohen - Tower Of Song". KD Lang kicked butt with with a gut busting, passionate and soaring rendition of this song. Her phrasing of the lyrics was perfect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paXBGRntIdM&frags=pl%2Cwn

SORRY> I didn't know this was the same version that was posted above. It deserves to be heard.

I've sold a couple pair of speakers using this song, but my go-to is the Pentatonix version. It is not a flawless recording, but it can stir the soul.

audioguy

WBF Founding Member
Apr 21, 2010
Near Atlanta, GA but not too near!
I've sold a couple pair of speakers using this song, but my go-to is the Pentatonix version. It is not a flawless recording, but it can stir the soul.
I LOVE Pentatonix - and their version of this song is excellent - but totally different from KD Lang's. Their music is just fun to listen to as is "Straight No Chaser".

And to wander even further Off Topic: Check out Straight No Chaser's "It's All About The Bass"

rblnr

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ

Members online

About us

• Founded in 2010 What's Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing