Leonard Cohen-I'm Your Man

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I'm a huge Leonard Cohen fan. He has written some great music over his years and I have several songs of his on a few of Philip O'Hanlon's demo disks. He ws a true poet who had an amazing view of the world. With little to do today we surfed to find something interesting and I found this free on Prime if you are a member. This was a wonderful tribute given to him If you're a fan and even if you're not this is worth the 103 minute run time. It was humbling to see U2 as Leonard Cohen's backup at a club in NYC

The link below is not free so up to you if you want to pay. I saw it free on Prime

In 2005|music producer Hal Wilner staged an all-star tribute concert in Australia in which a handful of major artists offered their interpretations of Cohen's songs|including Nick Cave|Jarvis Cocker of Pulp|Rufus Wainwright|Beth Orton|Kate and Anna McGarrigle|and many more. This documentary offers an intimate look at the songs|poetry and life of the influential troubadour|Leonard Cohen.

pjwd

Jun 22, 2015
Brisbane
I'm a huge Leonard Cohen fan. He has written some great music over his years and I have several songs of his on a few of Philip O'Hanlon's demo disks. He ws a true poet who had an amazing view of the world. With little to do today we surfed to find something interesting and I found this free on Prime if you are a member. This was a wonderful tribute given to him If you're a fan and even if you're not this is worth the 103 minute run time. It was humbling to see U2 as Leonard Cohen's backup at a club in NYC

The link below is not free so up to you if you want to pay. I saw it free on Prime

In 2005|music producer Hal Wilner staged an all-star tribute concert in Australia in which a handful of major artists offered their interpretations of Cohen's songs|including Nick Cave|Jarvis Cocker of Pulp|Rufus Wainwright|Beth Orton|Kate and Anna McGarrigle|and many more. This documentary offers an intimate look at the songs|poetry and life of the influential troubadour|Leonard Cohen.

Agree Steve
This is an old favourite .. killer version of "the future" by Teddy Thompson and the 2 backup singers do a brilliant piece
It is interesting to compare the tentative Cohen here to the later concerts he did where he was in masterfull form... best live concerts I have ever seen
Bono did get up my nose a bit

Phil

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing