Gryphon EOS 5 Loudspeaker

LarryK

Jan 27, 2018
Does anybody know the dimensions of the EOS 5? EOS2? I have been searching the net but I cannot seem to find the dimensions.

If one were interested in purchasing either one of those, how would one go about it? Could someone DM me with advice? Thanks.

Laurusri

Nov 14, 2022
Hi Larry,

Enclosed you can find EOS2 manual, I didn't forget to write another review about the EOS2 because I just can't make it, I've been on the road constantly for the last month or two.

Attachments

• EOS2_Manual.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 5
Reactions: AudioGod

Laurusri

Nov 14, 2022
I just checked the Gryphon web site, they removed all the downloadable documents, I guess they are upgrading the site.
EOS5 manual was never uploaded on the website, as far as I know.

LarryK

Jan 27, 2018
Thanks so much, @Laurusri ! Much appreciated.

There is the irony of being on the road to pay for speakers that one does not get time to listen to, haha.

Laurusri

Nov 14, 2022
Thanks so much, @Laurusri ! Much appreciated.

There is the irony of being on the road to pay for speakers that one does not get time to listen to, haha.
Yes Larry, you are right, but EOS2 are speakers for the rest of life, not just two months :cool:.

Last edited:

LarryK

Jan 27, 2018
To be honest, looking at the video of the EOS 5, I think it would be too large. Besides that, I need to know if it is expected to be placed near the rear wall.

The trouble is that EOS2 wants to be close to the back wall and I can't do that, as I mentioned before.

Sigh.

Laurusri

Nov 14, 2022
The EOS2 looks smaller in my room than it is thanks to the pyramidal shape, the Verity Audio Persifal too.
On the other hand, the Sonus Faber Sonetto V looks a lot bigger than it is, like the other cube-shaped speakers I've had.
Considering that Gryphon audio has not yet published the dimensions of the EOS5 speakers, enclosed picture could help you to get size of EOS5 in comparison to EOS2.

Attachments

• gryphon-eos-5-loudspeakers-hifi-news-august-2023-1.jpg
    gryphon-eos-5-loudspeakers-hifi-news-august-2023-1.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 24

LarryK

Jan 27, 2018
The EOS2 looks smaller in my room than it is thanks to the pyramidal shape, the Verity Audio Persifal too.
On the other hand, the Sonus Faber Sonetto V looks a lot bigger than it is, like the other cube-shaped speakers I've had.
Considering that Gryphon audio has not yet published the dimensions of the EOS5 speakers, enclosed picture could help you to get size of EOS5 in comparison to EOS2.

Thanks for that photograph. I'm afraid the base of the EOS 5 is significantly larger than base of the EOS2, and that will make it a difficult sell for me.

It's too bad. I was really excited about it.

marky mark

Jan 10, 2024
UK
I don’t own them,but have heard them.Hard to beat in a small room if you like the Cantata’s which are in themselves very good speakers .I have Pantheon’s so know the house sound quite well.
Hi, I'm new to this forum but found this post on an internet search.

I'm looking to upgrade my speakers and see that you have heard the Eos 2 and own Pantheons. I've been offered Pantheon's in great condition for £20k. Eos 2 retail at £22k in the UK - which would you choose? Unfortiunately the Eos 5 will be out of my price range.
Thanks

Down Under

Jun 26, 2014
Hi, I'm new to this forum but found this post on an internet search.

I'm looking to upgrade my speakers and see that you have heard the Eos 2 and own Pantheons. I've been offered Pantheon's in great condition for £20k. Eos 2 retail at £22k in the UK - which would you choose? Unfortiunately the Eos 5 will be out of my price range.
Thanks
Welcome to the forum.
I have not heard the Eos 2 speaker as yet.
The Pantheons are very good speakers.
They are very popular in Australia and I have never seen a pair come up for sale second hand which tells you they are keepers.
I have had mine for over 5 years and despite having heard many competitors in various situations I have never thought of replacing them with something newer.
Could you tell us which ancillaries you would run them with currently.

marky mark

Jan 10, 2024
UK
Welcome to the forum.
I have not heard the Eos 2 speaker as yet.
The Pantheons are very good speakers.
They are very popular in Australia and I have never seen a pair come up for sale second hand which tells you they are keepers.
I have had mine for over 5 years and despite having heard many competitors in various situations I have never thought of replacing them with something newer.
Could you tell us which ancillaries you would run them with currently.
Ancillaries? If you mean the rest of my hifi, it's innuos zen streamer, ideon ion dac ( which replaced snd was better than a naim nd555!) gryphon essence pre and gryphon antilleon stereo power. Cables are mid range synergistic research (Excite - I think?). Appreciate the quick reply to my previous post by tge way - thanks.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
I think your price on Pantheon appears to be half off? Sounds like the much more substantial speaker at an attractive discount. I have heard excellent things about Pantheon.

Down Under

Jun 26, 2014
Ancillaries? If you mean the rest of my hifi, it's innuos zen streamer, ideon ion dac ( which replaced snd was better than a naim nd555!) gryphon essence pre and gryphon antilleon stereo power. Cables are mid range synergistic research (Excite - I think?). Appreciate the quick reply to my previous post by tge way - thanks.
You obviously have a very good system well suited to an outstanding loudspeaker.
I think you would be very happy with the Pantheon as it is a quality product that would match well with your Ideon/Essence / Antileon system.
Despite owning them for a prolonged period I still look forward to listening to them whenever I get a chance.
Last question- what are your room dimensions for your system?

marky mark

Jan 10, 2024
UK
You obviously have a very good system well suited to an outstanding loudspeaker.
I think you would be very happy with the Pantheon as it is a quality product that would match well with your Ideon/Essence / Antileon system.
Despite owning them for a prolonged period I still look forward to listening to them whenever I get a chance.
Last question- what are your room dimensions for your system?
Hellobagain, and apologies for my late response. Unfortunately the pantheons have been sold! They had been on sale for about a year. So it's back to the drawing board. I've been sent a couple of clocks fir the dac (ideon) which I am yet to try. Alternative speakers I've been offered are focal scala maestro v1 - 2014 build) and magico q5 (2010). Have read very mixed reviews of both. Feel like I'm getting nowhere! Room is 19ft by 18 with one angled corner (cuts about 5ft of length and width) and has a fabulous domed ceiling ( it was built as a music room in 1905).

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Hellobagain, and apologies for my late response. Unfortunately the pantheons have been sold! They had been on sale for about a year. So it's back to the drawing board. I've been sent a couple of clocks fir the dac (ideon) which I am yet to try. Alternative speakers I've been offered are focal scala maestro v1 - 2014 build) and magico q5 (2010). Have read very mixed reviews of both. Feel like I'm getting nowhere! Room is 19ft by 18 with one angled corner (cuts about 5ft of length and width) and has a fabulous domed ceiling ( it was built as a music room in 1905).
Was this the pair from Hifi Consultants in UK asking just under £20K?

marky mark

Jan 10, 2024
UK
Was this the pair from Hifi Consultants in UK asking just under £20K?

Yes it was!

LL21

Dec 26, 2010

Lowlands

Mar 23, 2022
Has anyone heard the EOS2 and Mojo s side-by-side?
I wonder if it is in fact an upgrade (obviously, Gryphon will state it is).
I wonder why they departed from the AMT tweeter AND the d'Appolito configuration bottom-up (since their top of the line designs still carry both). Impresses me this is more a reset of their lineup, with different speakers at different pricepoints with totally different design and configuration for marketing / business reasons. In the end, it is a business.

LarryK

Jan 27, 2018
Has anyone heard the EOS2 and Mojo s side-by-side?
I wonder if it is in fact an upgrade (obviously, Gryphon will state it is).
I wonder why they departed from the AMT tweeter AND the d'Appolito configuration bottom-up (since their top of the line designs still carry both). Impresses me this is more a reset of their lineup, with different speakers at different pricepoints with totally different design and configuration for marketing / business reasons. In the end, it is a business.

I wonder how the Mojo S would sound next to my Gryphon Cantatas.

It certainly is a business. They need to hit price points that will sell, as you said.

Unfortunately, neither the EOS2 nor the EOS5 will work for me. The first wants to be close to the rear wall and the second is too large for my space.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing