Greta Thunberg loses out on Nobel Peace Prize. How could so many be wrong?

Did the Nobel Judges get it right by not awarding Greta Thunberg the Novel Peace Prize

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
Not at all. As strong as Malala is she was deserved of the prize. Sorry but Greta just doesn’t qualify. All the judges got it right. Greta just didnt qualify. This is a peace prize

If you're trying to make peace maybe an angry snarling performance isn't the best way? Imagine her older and being mad at you and putting all that in your face.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
I get the anger. Very often councils will decide to chop down mature trees in a street for health and safety reasons, despite this being BS. Maybe I'd be the first out to camp out up said tree if the chainsaws came to my road. Greta and the ER crowd I guess see that principle on a global level. Maybe if I was a kid, I'd be heavilly into it.

My issue is the right on messaging, you are now castigated as pale and stale if you show any reluctance to support, and together w the open borders movements and trans ID cults, there is a geopolitical movement that is an absolute clear and present danger to Enlightenment principles.

Trump, Brexit, populism, are the counterbalances.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Steve, I'm not an American, but that's an unbelievably harsh thing to say about yr compatriots. I read an article that stated Americans are the biggest contributors per capita to charity, esp to developing African countries. Now it happens to be the Christian community that are mainly doing that. But stats are stats.

Just because you're down on the Deplorables voting Trump, that doesn't excuse dissing yr country.

We're pretty fractured in the UK over Brexit. Deal or no deal, Leavers and Remainers will need to come together. Actually not a lot seperates us, just some cultural identity disconnects.

You need to reconcile yr views, because from what I've seen of Trump's rallies and the performance of Dems in the Townhall Q&As, there's only one winner in 2020.

... Trump, Brexit, populism, are the counterbalances.

Marc, only because it's about Nobel Peace Prize related ... I started this beautiful thread ... I love you very much so ... I simply don't want to see the police car with his piercing siren blasting off. :)

Thank you mate for your understanding, consideration and cooperation .... peace.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
That's right, blame it on somebody else. Stick your head in the sand. We are only the second largest emitter in the world anyway. We used the be the world leader on these types of things. We could influence other nations. Now we just reneg on and back out of agreements and betray our allies. Punish other nations for not buying enough of our products. Shameful behavior and I'm not proud to be an American anymore. None of us should be.
FWIW Steve, I’m proud to be an American. I get your zeal. It is to be commended. However your constant bashing of America is starting to get weary. This thread is so OT that it is typical of one that Bob starts. They all become the Never Ending story filled with nothing but links and you tube videos.
they got it right. You got it wrong Bob. This is the Nobel Peace Prize. And yes some countries spell it Organisation. Big deal

this thread has become a bottomless black hole. Now can we get it back on topic or I’m going to close it as it has become yet another thread on a similar topic discussed elsewhere. This is about the Nobel Peace Prize. Everyone got that ?

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Hey, I love Americans. I have a close US contact who dies when Trump is on the tv, and another who watches Trump rallies live. Both in the UK. I'd HOPE they could share a couple of drinks Lol.

For the record, I get the Greta angst. I don't think she's fake. There is some manipulation of career going on, but her phenomenon couldn't easily be manufactured.

My issue is, the UK contributes at most 5% of global emissions. If we went to 0% by 2030 as ER want, we would be in Mad Max territory. No way is China even dropping 10% in the same period. And no way are you convincing the developing world to not have a piece of prosperity.

So, as we go from 5% to 4%, and at a stretch 3%, what are China doing? Ceasing opening those coal fired power stations that go on line DAILY?

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Maybe Bob should get the WBF peace prize for trying to engender less angst than all the other threads he doesn't open Lol.

Reactions: bonzo75

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity
I can’t see how this thread cannot turn political...after all the awarding the Nobel peace prize is political and has been for a while.
Btw I vote no on Bob’s question.
Maybe they should have a Nobel prize for advancing causes with passion instead of corrupting a legitimate and historical prize.

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
FWIW Steve, I’m proud to be an American. I get your zeal. It is to be commended. However your constant bashing of America is starting to get weary. This thread is so OT that it is typical of one that Bob starts. They all become the Never Ending story filled with nothing but links and you tube videos.
they got it right. You got it wrong Bob. This is the Nobel Peace Prize. And yes some countries spell it Organisation. Big deal

this thread has become a bottomless black hole. Now can we get it back on topic or I’m going to close it as it has become yet another thread on a similar topic discussed elsewhere. This is about the Nobel Peace Prize. Everyone got that ?

Don't close my thread, people are free to their opinions. We are having a good discussion, learning. And don't blame me for any wrongdoing. Peace.

And David, could you please delete your above post.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
I can’t see how this thread cannot turn political...after all the awarding the Nobel peace prize is political and has been for a while.
Btw I vote no on Bob’s question.
Maybe they should have a Nobel prize for advancing causes with passion instead of corrupting a legitimate and historical prize.

I wasn't the one who added a poll to my thread; my guess is Steve did it.

Reactions: RogerD

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Greta may be an easy target. Her affect can come across as a little odd. Maybe because she has Asperger syndrome.

So why not trot out some Nazi photos when you don’t have anything meaningful to say?

The world we’re leaving our children would benefit if there were a few hundred million more people with her courage and clear sightedness.

I agree, and that earlier fabricated video of her was also improper taste.

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity
I suspect that "climate change" is more complex than just green house gasses. Just my opinion. Everything in nature is based on cycles. 1707px-HeatIsland_Kanto_en.png

tima

Industry Expert
Mar 3, 2014
the Upper Midwest
Don't close my thread, people are free to their opinions. We are having a good discussion, learning. And don't blame me for any wrongdoing. Peace.

And David, could you please delete your above post.

That's an enigmatic post to say the least.

Don't dismiss the reality of response to the thread you created, that some find as virulent as others find some reactions to it.

Reactions: ddk

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
I suspect that "climate change" is more complex than just green house gasses. Just my opinion. Everything in nature is based on cycles. View attachment 57791

It's called global warming. Not Japanese-Island-in-September warming.

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity
It's called global warming. Not Japanese-Island-in-September warming.

Whatever.....if you think....all the nations including China and India are going to reduce growth....Good luck. Just saying.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
I'm sorry Tima but Adolf Hitler and the Nazi have zero to do with Greta, climate change and Noble Peace Prize. This is a Peace thread, not a Joker thread with hatred, not a Nazi with humanity destruction, not a Heavy Metal fake YouTube video.

Sure, anyone is entitled to their opinion, but that's getting way overboard.
This wasn't my intention, just the exact opposite.
If I had the power to moderate my own thread I would kindly ask the two posts to be simply removed. There are millions of guests reading this thread, normal families with peace of mind.

Reactions: hogen

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
I'm sorry Tima but Adolf Hitler and the Nazi have zero to do with Greta, climate change and Noble Peace Prize. This is a Peace thread, not a Joker thread with hatred, not a Nazi with humanity destruction, not a Heavy Metal fake YouTube video.

Sure, anyone is entitled to their opinion, but that's getting way overboard.
This wasn't my intention, just the exact opposite.
If I had the power to moderate my own thread I would kindly ask the two posts to be simply removed. There are millions of guests reading this thread, normal families with peace of mind.

It’s the same Nazi tactics Bob, put a child’s face in front to bully others into submission and censor what you don’t like to hear or see as you asked for with my post. There’s nothing peaceful about the climate agenda, it’s a total takeover of our lives and getting nastier by the minute! IMO Greta is a willing participant and frankly evil.

david

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing