Goebel Divin Noblesse Speakers in Da House!

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
Prefer the Engstroms by a big margin! But I never liked anything Kondo anyway, always sounds like crap to me.

david

Everybody is entitled to his/her audio opinion of course. So a preference is perfectly fine. But saying that (in your view) Kondo “always sounds like crap to me” might also be an indication for something else: you have ‘peculiar ears’ or you guys in the USA really don‘t know how to properly use or set up Kondo electronics. No offence intended.

Reactions: hogen and nonesup

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
And Howie, enjoy your audio journey. Never heard your ‘white beauties’ but undoubtedly they are - like the Kagura’s - great amps.

Reactions: howiebrou

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Everybody is entitled to his/her audio opinion of course. So a preference is perfectly fine. But saying that (in your view) Kondo “always sounds like crap to me” might also be an indication for something else: you have ‘peculiar ears’ or you guys in the USA really don‘t know how to properly use or set up Kondo electronics. No offence intended.

Hi Audiocrack,

It's NOT the guys in the US regarding Kondo, but of course there are always product line bashers with any product brand and as you say are always entitled to their opinion, but it is nothing more than that.

I have 20+ US HAPPY Kondo customers, many with full KONDO systems and there are many more as well that are not my customers who have and enjoy their Kondo products.

It's ALL GOOD in the US with respect to Kondo;)

Reactions: RussR and hogen

howiebrou

Jun 29, 2012
Hi Audiocrack,

It's NOT the guys in the US regarding Kondo, but of course there are always product line bashers with any product brand and as you say are always entitled to their opinion, but it is nothing more than that.

I have 20+ US HAPPY Kondo customers, many with full KONDO systems and there are many more as well that are not my customers who have and enjoy their Kondo products.

Bob, it would interesting to list out the equipment your Kondo clients use in their systems.

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Howdy Howie:)

I have three customers who have complete Kondo systems which are comprised of:

IO-m cartridge>Ginga TT/SME>GE-10 phono>G1000 Pre>Kagura I amps> various speakers.

I have many ONgaku customers, many Souga customers, and several with the new Gakuoh II amps. Some of these systems have original M1000, some M1000 II, some with M77, about 10 Kondo Overture and Overture II.

It's really all over the place once you get away from the complete Kondo systems. I talk to these guys all the time. They LOVE their Kondo systems or systems with one or two Kondo pieces. The Kondo equipment is highly reliable, I can't think of the last time I had a repair call. We do have US Kondo service in Brooklyn, NY.

Thx for the Kondo commercial set up Howie:)

howiebrou

Jun 29, 2012
Howdy Howie:)

I have three customers who have complete Kondo systems which are comprised of:

IO-m cartridge>Ginga TT/SME>GE-10 phono>G1000 Pre>Kagura I amps> various speakers.

I have many ONgaku customers, many Souga customers, and several with the new Gakuoh II amps. Some of these systems have original M1000, some M1000 II, some with M77, about 10 Kondo Overture and Overture II.

It's really all over the place once you get away from the complete Kondo systems. I talk to these guys all the time. They LOVE their Kondo systems or systems with one or two Kondo pieces. The Kondo equipment is highly reliable, I can't think of the last time I had a repair call. We do have US Kondo service in Brooklyn, NY.

Thx for the Kondo commercial set up Howie:)

I will gladly accept a Kondo IO-M in payment, thank you. :p

Actually I was interested in what speakers they use in their system. Even over here, there doesn't seem to be any particular pattern in terms of speaker partners for Kondo amps.

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio

Actually I was interested in what speakers they use in their system. Even over here, there doesn't seem to be any particular pattern in terms of speaker partners for Kondo amps.

Alsyvox (one), Avantgarde (many), Kaiser, Diesis, Acapella, Oswads-Mill, a few DIY speakers, off the top of my head and several more that I'm not remembering.

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
Hi Audiocrack,

Hi Bob,

I was just ‘teasing’ of course. Undoubtedly you and many other USA Kondo users are fully capable of letting the Kondo equipment sound mighty fine. Still enjoying my G-1000 and Kagura combination, although - as you gave pointed out earlier in this thread - they need some ‘care’ (good valves, mechanical isolation, pc’s (and in my view anyway) fine grounding). So I guess we are on the same page.

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012

Kagura/g-1000 in combination with the Tidal LA’s are not sounding bad either

Reactions: howiebrou

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Hi Bob,

I was just ‘teasing’ of course. Undoubtedly you and many other USA Kondo users are fully capable of letting the Kondo equipment sound mighty fine. Still enjoying my G-1000 and Kagura combination, although - as you gave pointed out earlier in this thread - they need some ‘care’ (good valves, mechanical isolation, pc’s (and in my view anyway) fine grounding). So I guess we are on the same page.

YEP:) You, me and MANY others around the globe. Kondo sold 70 Overture II's in the last three years, so even a nice simple Kondo integrated is enjoyed by many.

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah

None of the above Rudy, Kondo has a very obvious coloration and house sound that gets in the way of music. Simple as that!

david

PS Not brand bashing either, when products peak in price and hype to these levels so do the expectations and standards they’re judged by.

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
None of the above Rudy, Kondo has a very obvious coloration and house sound that gets in the way of music. Simple as that!

david

PS Not brand bashing either, when products peak in price and hype to these levels so do the expectations and standards they’re judged by.

Whatever, just your opinion. It is what it is.

Reactions: nonesup and hogen

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012

david

The intesting thing is, David, that I think exactly the same about the Lamm amps that you love so much.

Reactions: nonesup and hogen

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing