Goebel Cables

Uwiik

Mar 2, 2021
I have a full loom of Gobel. As you likely have read, they take 500 hours+ to burn in, so be patient. What I heard a few days In, compared to what I hear now, is much different.
With how much I am staying home and enjoying my music now 500 hrs is easy peasy… LOL…I just spent 200 hrs+++ on my audio room listening while assembling, tuning and breaking in my car audio and yes my Goebel SC does get MUCH better, I ditched my Siltech King totally already, considering to just buy another Siltech in Triple Crown level just to decide if I should totally abandon the brand or still need to combine. Goebel is very reasonably priced to have a full loom for the entire system, I just have to try one by one.

Problem is, with how much I listen to my system, now I am concerned about how long before I need to replace my NOS when acquired RCA 211 tube pair…. I have tried to look for replacement pairs to anticipate but no luck so far.

battles

Dec 11, 2011
Good luck with your evaluation. As you know, there’s never one right or wrong answer and it often comes down to personal taste and synergy with the rest of your system. As I own Gobel speakers, I have that synergy. Please keep us posted on how Gobel stacks up after they’ve been full broken in!

Reactions: Uwiik

hi5harry

Sep 11, 2011
Santa Cruz, Calif
I'm looking for a Gobel usb if anyone has decided to sell theirs. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

hi5harry

Sep 11, 2011
Santa Cruz, Calif
I decided to give the Shunyata Omega usb a try. Thanks

Reactions: MarkusBarkus

felipe91

May 23, 2022
I just compared fully burned in Siltech Double Crown XLR vs brand new Goebel XLR. No comparison Siltech is better, Goebel was flat, but it was unfair because the Goebel was brand new so now the Goebel is sitting on the dealer burning in and we’ll do another test in a month. Will report back. If Goebel can beat Siltech DC I think I will have to switch allegiance in terms of cable.
Hello Uwiik, i 'd very interested by an update of the test :)

Gnostico

Mar 25, 2023
What do you guys think about Goebel cables? I am hooked to Siltech upper echelons cable and think there is nothing coming even close to Siltech until I heard Goebel cables, the Goebel wasn’t better, but it was as good as Siltech. Although I still love my Siltech I also have lots of qualms about the brand and formerly said nothing about the flaws because I think nothing even come close in SQ until I heard Goebel cable at BIG fraction of the price of the Siltech and much better construction.

Now… I think Siltech’s price is very ridiculous to begin with, on top of that they also use squeezing price policy (example; price difference between 1 and 1.5 m IC or 2 m to 2.5 m SC is way out of this world just for extra 50 cm of cable) and the Triple Crown range is way too stiff to do anything with, it also got humongous plugs making it risky/not possible to install without adaptor on certain components with recessed rca receptable plugs, I would’ve not pay for Siltech Triple Crown range if I know I have to use sound degrading adaptor just to simply plug the thing into my components. The plug itself…. man… talking about soft and fragile, the worst on the Triple Crown RCA plug, you’ll get bend at positive/middle RCA pin just by looking at it, with how heavy and stiff Triple Crown is I don’t think it’s possible at all to use Triple Crown RCA without bending the positive/middle RCA after some time. I also don’t know whats’s up with Siltech’s spade terminal, after some time on my Siltech King SC it just turn corroded black with nothing shinny left, I have $1 terminal with more durable finish than this cable. Don’t get me to talk about the box, again on the Triple Crown cable, I have had fast food box with better construction and durability than the box containing the very expensive Triple Crown cable that cost as much as some small house in my country.

Although I love the sound, I don’t agree with the pricing policy and dislike the construction of the Triple Crown range also due to upcoming components change I might need to ditch some of the Siltech and getting something else with similar/exactly the same performance as my existing Siltech because otherwise I absolutely love the sound. Thanks

Uwiik, is the brand name spelled correctly? I think it means the German cable brand Göbel, doesn't it. Cool guys with prices like for a whole football club:) But they have a lot to learn. And there is, it seems, a sister boutique workshop where excellent audio cables are made to order. Called Sommerbach, also based in Germany. I ordered cables from them and they came to me earlier this year. I got a lot of different and pleasant impressions!

felipe91

May 23, 2022
Hello,
i have a Lacorde Statement interconnect and i'm very happy with it (it replaced a Nordost valhalla 2 interconnect).
Does someone has already tested Lacorde Statement POWER CABLE?
Thank you

Last edited:

howiebrou

Jun 29, 2012
Hello,
i have a Lacorde Statement interconnect and i'm very happy with it (it replaced a Nordost valhalla 2 interconnect).
Does someone has already tested Lacorde Statement POWE CABLE?
Thank you
I used them for a few years. Pretty good like their interconnects and speaker cables but very heavy.

felipe91

May 23, 2022
thank you Howiebrou.

is it better for the amp, preamp or cd player/DAC?

Last edited:

nonesup

VIP/Donor
Feb 15, 2017
Spain
If you are interested in a Göbel Ethernet cable, I am going to put mine up for sale, because the new configuration of the Extreme +NIC Server and the Taiko Switch has made it unnecessary.

So if you are interested send PM to me.

felipe91

May 23, 2022
Thank you Leszek, i will try the different possibilities when i get my first lacorde PC.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing