George from Brasil.

georgemg

Feb 11, 2013
Brasil
Hello

I live in a town, mybe the most northeast Brazilian city, called Fortaleza, 3 million inhabitant and only 12 or 15 audiophiles, after discovering this forum , I see it is fantastic.
I started listening to music in the 70s usualy rock , MPB and world music,but in the last 14 years I started this hobby, and now I listen almost to jazz and classical music. I hope to learn a lot here.

George magalhães

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
-- Hi George, and again, a very warm welcome here at WBF.

I've never been to Brazil, but always wanted to. ...In the jungles more particularly.
My brother did the Amazon river, all of it, so I got good feedback from him.

Also, one of my very best friends, is from Brazil; Kate's her name. ...She's a doctor and a classical music lover; violins, cellos, etc.
She's extremely well calibrated in the technical aspects of modern computerization and electronics as well (digital).

By the way George, is it Brazil or Brasil?

Cheers,
Bob

georgemg

Feb 11, 2013
Brasil
Hello NorthStar, does your friend lives in Brasil? is she a physician?
Since 1943 we should use "s" in the word Brasil, but in englis usualy wrote with z, I prefer use "s' like we write in native language.

if you travel to Brasil, send a email to me, I have a sister and brother that lives in Manaus the capital of Amazon state, and they can show you the best way to see the forest.

Thanks
George

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Welcome George! I guess World Cup fever is about to hit you guys real hard. What I wouldn't give to be there!:D

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Hello NorthStar, does your friend lives in Brasil? is she a physician?
Since 1943 we should use "s" in the word Brasil, but in englis usualy wrote with z, I prefer use "s' like we write in native language.

if you travel to Brasil, send a email to me, I have a sister and brother that lives in Manaus the capital of Amazon state, and they can show you the best way to see the forest.

Thanks
George

Hi George,

Yes she lives in Brasil. ...I don't know exactly what her doctorate consists of right now.
...We talk much more about audio electronics, computers' technology, and classical music than what we do for a living.

I did ask her long ago about Brazil spelling, and she's from a more recent school, but admitted that both are good.

Thanx for the 'tip' on a guide tour of the Amazonian jungle. :cool: ...Your bro and sis.

Cheers,
Bob

Last edited:

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Boas vindas ao WBF, George!

Happy to welcome you in WBF George. I could see on your profile you own Audiopax electronics - I was very sorry when I learned recently about the death of Eduardo Lima, its founder and a great Brazilian audio pioneer.

BTW, I love the songs of Zélia Barbosa and mostly the "Carcara".

georgemg

Feb 11, 2013
Brasil
Hello microstrip

I live in Fortaleza city, only 6 hours from Lisboa, I have been in Lisboa some times, two years ago I visited imascustica, and last year I visited ultimate audio, do you know Rui Calado?, this year I am going to Munichen hiend show again, I will spend 2 or 3 days in Lisboa I must visit again mercado dos peixes and solar dos presuntos, maybe I will go to Porto. I visited audiopt forum for some time, where there is a column with commentary by a great friend and neighbor Holbein Menezes.

Thanks

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Hello microstrip

I live in Fortaleza city, only 6 hours from Lisboa, I have been in Lisboa some times, two years ago I visited imascustica, and last year I visited ultimate audio, do you know Rui Calado?, this year I am going to Munichen hiend show again, I will spend 2 or 3 days in Lisboa I must visit again mercado dos peixes and solar dos presuntos, maybe I will go to Porto. I visited audiopt forum for some time, where there is a column with commentary by a great friend and neighbor Holbein Menezes.

Thanks

George,

Yes, I know all these people - they have good shops and are audio enthusiasts. Imacustica is inaugurating a new shop in Lisboa this week, with several large auditoriums. You have to visit them - they are located in Av do Brasil, :cool: five minutes away from the airport!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing