Genesis G2Jr Premieres in Europe Oct 8 - 9

carolkoh

[Industry Expert] Member Sponsor
Sep 17, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com
Hello all,

The Genesis G2Jr will enjoy its European Premiere in Kassel, Germany this weekend, October 8 - 9. The event will be hosted by our German distributors Connect Audio and held at Hifi Innovationen with Klaus Kirchhof and personal appearance by our own Gary Leonard Koh.

If you are one of our international members here and in the area, do stop by and say "Hello." to Gary!

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
So Gary will be in Germany and turn around and be at RMAF? My condolences!!!

garylkoh

WBF Technical Expert (Speakers & Audio Equipment)
Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
The event was done with typical German precision. A pre-event evening was done with special guests on Friday evening - starting at precisely 7pm, with precisely 12 guests, and 12 seats. Throughout Saturday, groups of 12 music lovers and their wives arrived every 2 hours, took their seats, and enjoyed a 1hr 30min presentation plus 30 minutes of questions and mingling.

Here's a picture of Klaus Kirchof (the dealer) and one of the sessions I took with my Samsung Galaxy.

View attachment 2326

Analog source was the Brinkmann Balance with the 12.1 tonearm and EMT-ti cartridge and the Nagra BPS battery phono stage.

The rest of the electronics were all The Gryphon. Colosseum amplifier, Mirage preamp and Mikado Signature CD player. Cables were Nordost Odin throughout.

The system transported 2 people in time/space to Carnegie Hall in 1963 for The Weaver's Reunion Concert. Quite an experience!

View attachment 2327

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Gary,

Congrats...no doubt another tremendous effort. They look amazing. When do they go on sale to the public...and how much? Meanwhile, do you have any observations about the Gryphon Colosseum? I am close to moving forward on a Gryphon Colosseum and would appreciate your insights as to how they compare to other SOTA amps/why you chose them for your demos. Thank you!

garylkoh

WBF Technical Expert (Speakers & Audio Equipment)
Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
Thanks, Lloyde. The G2jr are already on sale. In Europe, with import duty and VAT, they are EUR60,000. My dealer there will have the system set-up and on demo through Christmas eve, so if you fly in and listen, he will cover your travel cost if you buy them :)

The Colosseum is stupendous. It's easily one of the best amplifiers I've heard - but the disclaimer always with me and Genesis loudspeakers is that my speakers mostly have an active bass, so a lot of the "heavy lifting" is already done. Some amplifiers that I thought were excellent have failed with other speakers that need heavy lifting and have large, heavy woofers.

This is the first time I've done a demo with all-Gryphon, and I'm not easily impressed. The "swing" with this system was quote astonishing. Getting Germans to bop to the music and tap their toes is not easy - nor was the many times they got goosebumps from the demos. Over 100ppl turned up in groups of 12, so I think that it was a good event.

I told a number of them about this forum (and one even told me that he's already a lurker), so I hope that some of them will post their impressions.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Thanks for that...good luck at RMAF!

FelixL

Dec 17, 2011
Hello Gary, I've been at the demo at Kassel and I agree, it was absolutely impressive. Thank you and Klaus Kirchhof for this event!

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Gary

I need to refresh my memory of your speakers... They are almost taken for granted by audiophiles having pushed the SOTA for so long ... Where in Florida can I hear a 1.2 or a 2 Jr? Congrats again ...

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing