Genesis at the Toronto Audio Video Entertainment Show 2012

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
It certainly was my favourite room, but then I had the opportunity to sit and truly listen as you guided me through the performance of both speakers. I thought it was such a shame that it was off to the side of the Rutherford suite, and had more people been able to visit your room they undoubtedly would have concurred. Hopefully next year (if you chose to show again at TAVES) you'll get more exposure.

I'm no expert, and certainly haven't had an opportunity to hear a lot of the top speaker designs, but I was very impressed with yours, as you probably noticed from my reaction and our conversation.

Is that Rick in the first picture? I know he was there when I was visiting.

garylkoh

WBF Technical Expert (Speakers & Audio Equipment)
Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com
It certainly was my favourite room, but then I had the opportunity to sit and truly listen as you guided me through the performance of both speakers. I thought it was such a shame that it was off to the side of the Rutherford suite, and had more people been able to visit your room they undoubtedly would have concurred. Hopefully next year (if you chose to show again at TAVES) you'll get more exposure.

I'm no expert, and certainly haven't had an opportunity to hear a lot of the top speaker designs, but I was very impressed with yours, as you probably noticed from my reaction and our conversation.

Is that Rick in the first picture? I know he was there when I was visiting.

Thanks, John. I really enjoyed your visit and the conversation and music we shared. I think that on hindsight, I was lucky to have a hidden room. The lower traffic allowed longer demos to listen properly. I can never understand how anyone can fully form an opinion of a room just from hearing one track, or even a fragment of one track.

That gentleman in the first picture is Leyland - Angie's sales guy from her store.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing