Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
The soundtrack from the last few episodes was incredible its a shame t

That was fabulous E

I loved it
the best part of season 8 was the sound . 29 minutes into episode five when the drums are going right before Dany flies into the city and burns it down was AWESOME M<y six subs were going crazy

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010
Greer South Carolina (USA)
Reactions: Elliot G.

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010
Nice meeting you in Munich hope you enjoyed your trip

Same here...it was a great event; I am already looking for the airlines to open up bookings for next year!

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010
Righteous video and a lot of fun....thanks for posting!!!

Ramin can definitely shred......Brad Paisley was another surprise...spends all his time doing country as far as I knew...he hung in strong definitely can shed!

Macattack

VIP/Donor
Aug 21, 2014
SC Low country
Samwell did suggest a "democracy" which was poo pooed by the nobles present at the meeting
Yeah, it was almost funny the way they just moved on from the idea.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
Just rewatched the final episode as well as Battle of the Bastards (S6, episode 9) to close out Thrones. The difference is somewhat stark but there is perhaps a more satisfying vengeance factor when Ramsay Bolton was finally defeated by the Knights of the Vale....and eaten by his own hounds after. You can also see Queen Daenerys starting to break bad as she assumes more power in the east. Quite fascinating!

That said, Hardhome remains my favorite episode of all time. I believe that is why the Battle of Winterfell rang hollow for me in the final season.

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
I don’t... I forget a lot of the stuff that happened.

Could the end have been more interesting? Maybe. We all kinda knew what was coming. We had 8 seasons of intuition forming. I’m glad there wasn’t anything corny like showing another White Walker.

It was sorta sad there just wasn’t much if anything left to reveal. It seems like a lot of the magic came from learning about all sorts of new places, people, and secrets. There just wasn’t much left to spring any surprises from.

Spin-off? Im not sure I’d want one with the original characters. We know too much about who they are, who they’ve been, and probably will be. I don’t know if they could become interesting again.

I am curious how they’re basically taking over “The Golden Compass”. I can’t deny I am seeking the next thing. MCU and GOT ended in the same year. We’ve had an epic decade of fantasy. Those are some bbbbbbbbig shoes to fill.

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
Maybe part of what made this one not as interesting was the lack of antagonist that really make you desire someone to kill them? It seemed like any drama caused quick death.

The White Walkers are scary, but you don’t feel very personal about it. And none of the rest of them really get you going. The only person like that was the Ironborn uncle, and it just wasn’t that big of a deal.

Macattack

VIP/Donor
Aug 21, 2014
SC Low country
I thought Jon killing Dany while perhaps predictable, was emotional. It started the events that wrapped up the series.

Reactions: Steve Williams

Macattack

VIP/Donor
Aug 21, 2014
SC Low country

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing