Full Loom of Tara

skids929

Dec 31, 2020
Hello, just curious as I decide which cables to consider what I might expect from a full set of Tara, starting say at the One CX. I have never heard Tara so would love to hear some feedback on your experiences with it. I understand cables or system dependent but still wanted to hear some general experiences.

I just recently auditioned some Tellurium Q, the Silver II, Ultra Black II, Black II, and Black Diamond, all of which I thought sounded like complete shit in my system. In all fairness some of the models weren't broken in, but I got a general flavor for them and they weren't for me. So I am back in the cable market and consider, Cardas (clear) and Tara (OneCX) and possibly listening to some of the Auditorium stuff as well.

Thanks!

analyzer

VIP/Donor
May 20, 2016
Torino - Italy
I think that "The One" model is the watershed where Tara Labs become an high-end cable brand. Lower models of catalogue are not special to me.
I made many many listening sessions in a friend's system with full Taralabs (AC Power - Signal - speakers). The primary character is a "bold" tonal balance; so great bass never going to dirty the remain spectrum. I recommend items with Oyaide terminations, that sometimes were used on request by the factory.
My friend has a mix of "The One" - "The zero" - "The Muse"; Spectral pre+Power amp.
In my system I do have one "The cobalt" AC and a "0.8" Signal cable mixed with another cable brand.

Reactions: skids929

thedudeabides

Jan 16, 2011
Alto, NM
Consider an alternative approach and stop the guessing and dart throwing. Investigate what "The Cable Company" offers with their in home auditions. IMO, cables that are fully "broken in" can sound dramatically different when new which typically sound toppy and threadbare with marginal mid / lower bass extension and definition.

Last edited:

skids929

Dec 31, 2020
Consider an alternative approach and stop the guessing and dart throwing. Investigate what "The Cable Company" offers with their in home auditions. IMO, cables that are fully "broken in" can sound dramatically different when new which typically sound toppy and threadbare with marginal mid / lower bass extension and definition.
I agree on the break in but one of the cables was broken in completely and that was the one that sounded the worst to me. You can still get a general idea of a cables' tonal character even before full break in. The TQ just wasn't for me.

thanks for the suggestion

hi5harry

Sep 11, 2011
Santa Cruz, Calif
Analyzer's comments are spot on. I have had most Tara cables and now have all Tara Zero gold interconnects, the gx phono cable, and both Zero and Cobalt power cords. Just fantastic! Tara .8 is really nice and , if you can ever find them, they made a Tara 0.5 interconnect that is as close to Zero's as you can get. I think they quit making the 0.5 because of that. Do get the cables with the HFX grounding stations as they are quite a bit better than their other "ground on" cable.

skids929

Dec 31, 2020
Thanks guys, appreciate the feedback. I am looking at a demo set of One CX from a reputable dealer. These do not have the grounding station however. I almost never see the .8 come up for sale but can certainly be patient if needed.

What do you guys think in terms of system match with my gear?

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing