Full Limited Edition Aries Cerat System Build and World Exclusive LEGEND Series!

thedudeabides

Jan 16, 2011
Alto, NM
Personally i struggle with the conflict between wanting my system to have a solid wall behind the speakers, for acoustic reasons, and wanting to look out of the window onto my garden as i listen.

I've had the windows serving as a back wall for decades. This is my fourth house with this arrangement. I have used either Levelor blinds or minor room treatments with plants to dampen the brightness. All I can say that it worked for me and I like a lot of natural light. Then again, I've never had a dedicated room and my system has always been in my living room. My avatar is a picture from my previous house.

infinitely baffled

VIP/Donor
Jul 2, 2015
Scotland
Brightness isn't really too much of a problem here, my issue is that, as a bassaholic, I know i can instantly improve the bass performance of my system by moving it around 180°.
I just wouldn't accept that compromise in any other area

Reactions: christoph

kach22i

WBF Founding Member
Apr 21, 2010
Ann Arbor, Michigan
www.kachadoorian.com
Just an FYI, something to look up for those with a view/window.

Mass Loaded Vinyl (MLV) curtains.

Often used in recording studios as movable acoustic treatments, and there are DIY solutions posted online for audiophiles with windows.

I think my room will use one, if not to cover the TV then to cover the window.

Read some are Class-A flame spread rated, and some come with UV protection. The cheap stuff will NOT is my guess.

Reactions: infinitely baffled

infinitely baffled

VIP/Donor
Jul 2, 2015
Scotland
Somewhere on the forum there's some info regarding 'acoustic glass'.
I've just had a rummage but unfortunately can't find it
If anyone remembers where, please can you direct us?:)

Believe High Fidelity

[Industry Expert]
Nov 19, 2015
Hutto TX
ibelieveinhifi.com
Newest addition is the Aries Cerat Talos SUT R4. A custom setup up transformer box with 4 inputs and grounding for each input. You can lift ground with the center switch and control which tonearm to use via the knobs on the top. So a one input phono can become a 2,3 or in this case 4 input phono. This configuration uses a single step up ratio for low output impedance carts, but can be configured with different step up ratios for each input.

P1100152.jpg

P1100154.jpg P1100158.jpg

87031097_2673035769584289_8571868971710545920_o.jpg

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012
Newest addition is the Aries Cerat Talos SUT R4. A custom setup up transformer box with 4 inputs and grounding for each input. You can lift ground with the center switch and control which tonearm to use via the knobs on the top. So a one input phono can become a 2,3 or in this case 4 input phono. This configuration uses a single step up ratio for low output impedance carts, but can be configured with different step up ratios for each input.

View attachment 61926

View attachment 61927 View attachment 61928

View attachment 61929
Very interesting. What is the MSRP of this?

Reactions: infinitely baffled

Believe High Fidelity

[Industry Expert]
Nov 19, 2015
Hutto TX
ibelieveinhifi.com
Very interesting. What is the MSRP of this?

Thanks for your interest. MSRP varies based on the configuration. How many taps, SUT or not, etc. Best to contact your Aries Cerat representation in your area for the configuration you are looking at

infinitely baffled

VIP/Donor
Jul 2, 2015
Scotland
Thanks for your interest. MSRP varies based on the configuration. How many taps, SUT or not, etc. Best to contact your Aries Cerat representation in your area for the configuration you are looking at

Want to take another swing at that?

Aries Cerat

Industry Expert
May 30, 2015
Hello

That unit above is custom ,it is based though on our ACSUT-1B model, which is 4,400e retail.

Customization options includes from a range multiple inputs, multiple SUTs to inductive loading options.

Cheers
Stavros

Believe High Fidelity

[Industry Expert]
Nov 19, 2015
Hutto TX
ibelieveinhifi.com
Added the Top Wing Blue Dragon to the AS-2000. Really excellent listening session last night

Soon the modified SUT will come back and we can test out all 3 carts back to back.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing