Full Limited Edition Aries Cerat System Build and World Exclusive LEGEND Series!

nonesup

VIP/Donor
Feb 15, 2017
Spain

sbo6

VIP/Donor
May 18, 2014
Round Rock, TX
Nice artwork and system Joshua, I take it this gent is in Austin? Also, those omnis get good reviews if I recall. Good stuff..

Believe High Fidelity

[Industry Expert]
Nov 19, 2015
Hutto TX
ibelieveinhifi.com
The wall right behind where the system lies will be blown out. This will allow much more flexibility with placement of the speakers within the room. The Symphonias can certainly do just fine in smaller rooms like at Munich but they really open up when you can expand the room size. As an added bonus the ceiling will also be expanded allowing for that much more breathing room for this system to truly stretch its legs.

PICT0013.jpg

PICT0014.jpg

PICT0015.jpg

Believe High Fidelity

[Industry Expert]
Nov 19, 2015
Hutto TX
ibelieveinhifi.com
Nice artwork and system Joshua, I take it this gent is in Austin? Also, those omnis get good reviews if I recall. Good stuff..

Fit and finish on the Omni's are excellent indeed. SQ had potential, but at 82db efficiency and as low as 2ohm impedance using only 500w on the amp driving them left a lot to be desired to see the full potential. Yes Billy is in Austin

Legolas

VIP/Donor
Dec 27, 2015
France
Congrats on the sale of such an awesome system Believe High Fidelity. I have a good feeling about AC, and coming for Audio Note, I can see I am going to jump ship to the world of Aries Cerat. There is something unique and refreshing about Stavros IMO. The speed of new ideas and energy put into the designs, the originality, the ethos, it is what I am looking for.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
They would be a perfect fit in my 18x38x9 loft audio space with descending eaves roofline where any spkr approaching 5’ high starts to exclude itself.
There are so few serious flagship designs, horns esp, that are under 5’.
AC Symphonia horns really fit the bill ergonomically.

Bobbi

Mar 5, 2016
Congrats on what is going to be one of the best systems in existence.

Believe High Fidelity

[Industry Expert]
Nov 19, 2015
Hutto TX
ibelieveinhifi.com
Congrats on the sale of such an awesome system Believe High Fidelity. I have a good feeling about AC, and coming for Audio Note, I can see I am going to jump ship to the world of Aries Cerat. There is something unique and refreshing about Stavros IMO. The speed of new ideas and energy put into the designs, the originality, the ethos, it is what I am looking for.

I am very happy to hear that. Stavros is always looking for ways to push the envelope and his designs and methodology are a huge departure from that same designs with a different label on them.

Designing with a "straight wire with gain" philosophy is used to make compromises on cost. Using the wimpiest capacitors you can get away with, less than optimal signal and power tubes, etc is not fulfilling the demands of diving the loads presented to each downstream component. Music is not a sinewave...

A sneak peak to the Impera II Limited Edition tells you that you get the opposite with Aries Cerat. Nuclear submarine torpedo sized capacitors to drive a preamp is not something just any company does because it costs real money for real R&D. You always get what you pay for and a whole lot more going the Aries Cerat route. No compromises anywhere ever.

IMG_3821.JPG

lordcloud

Jul 5, 2016
Round Rock, Texas
I would absolutely love to hear this system!

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein

Legolas

VIP/Donor
Dec 27, 2015
France
I would absolutely love to hear this system!

Indeed! It seems the more Aries Cerat gear you insert into a system the better it gets. I have the Kassandra Ref II coming in a few weeks time. I'll post my impressions, but as a teaser, it is to replace my Audio Note UK DAC 5 which is now sold. Apparently it is better according to owners I have spoken to. A few of those owners also had all Audio Note top level systems and have now swopped to all Aries Cerat. I am asking myself, is Stavros an audio genius? The creativity in his designs to me is certainly something totally new. And IMO it is a very powerful thing to have a full compliment of top level audio products, as opposed to just DACs or amplifiers.

Basically I am after an end game DAC, and the Kassandra Ref II seems to fit my requirements. :p

lordcloud

Jul 5, 2016
Round Rock, Texas
Indeed! It seems the more Aries Cerat gear you insert into a system the better it gets. I have the Kassandra Ref II coming in a few weeks time. I'll post my impressions, but as a teaser, it is to replace my Audio Note UK DAC 5 which is now sold. Apparently it is better according to owners I have spoken to. A few of those owners also had all Audio Note top level systems and have now swopped to all Aries Cerat. I am asking myself, is Stavros an audio genius? The creativity in his designs to me is certainly something totally new. And IMO it is a very powerful thing to have a full compliment of top level audio products, as opposed to just DACs or amplifiers.

Basically I am after an end game DAC, and the Kassandra Ref II seems to fit my requirements. :p

I'd love to hear your thoughts on the Kassandra versus the Audio Note, as the Audio Note is an end game DAC itself.

I've heard the Aries gear here once in Austin, and they really did sound amazing.

sbo6

VIP/Donor
May 18, 2014
Round Rock, TX
I am very happy to hear that. Stavros is always looking for ways to push the envelope and his designs and methodology are a huge departure from that same designs with a different label on them.

Designing with a "straight wire with gain" philosophy is used to make compromises on cost. Using the wimpiest capacitors you can get away with, less than optimal signal and power tubes, etc is not fulfilling the demands of diving the loads presented to each downstream component. Music is not a sinewave...

A sneak peak to the Impera II Limited Edition tells you that you get the opposite with Aries Cerat. Nuclear submarine torpedo sized capacitors to drive a preamp is not something just any company does because it costs real money for real R&D. You always get what you pay for and a whole lot more going the Aries Cerat route. No compromises anywhere ever.

View attachment 37533

Wow, and I thought the caps were big in my Purity SS preamp (about the size of coke cans, only slightly shorter).

Elberoth

Member Sponsor
Dec 15, 2012
Poland

Legolas

VIP/Donor
Dec 27, 2015
France
Wow, this all looks amazing quality builds. I get the idea of how big it is in real life by the 'tiny' RCA sockets, what a beast. No compromise!

And the Kassandra LE is next?

I am waiting for my own Kassandra Ref II to land soon, can't wait. :b

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing