FTA Thebe Compared to Ganymede?

mourip

Feb 8, 2020
Hi,

I have been enjoying my new FTA Callisto USB cable greatly. It seems that my previous cable was a bottleneck in my system!

Now I an contemplating getting a pair of FTA IC's and wondering how great a gap there is between the Thebe compared to the Ganymede.

I know that there is a large price gap but wondering if anyone who has heard both might weigh in on how they compare?

I have a Baltic 3 DAC connected to a Linear Tube Audio Ultralinear Integrated amp.

Thanks!

Last edited:

mourip

Feb 8, 2020
Anyone tried either of these?

mourip

Feb 8, 2020
Other IC's to try under $1K?

facten

Feb 13, 2022
Tennessee
Now I an contemplating getting a pair of FTA IC's and wondering how great a gap there is between the Thebe compared to the Ganyme

Now I an contemplating getting a pair of FTA IC's and wondering how great a gap there is between the Thebe compared to the Ganymede.

I see from your signature that you now have the Ganymede. If I may ask did you have the opportunity to audition both the Ganymede and the Thebe? If so, I'd appreciate any listening impressions that you recall between the two. If you only listened to the Ganymede may I ask for your assessment of it? Thank you in advance

mourip

Feb 8, 2020
I decided to just go straight for the Ganymede IC's and have not regretted it. I will not be much help in assessing them specifically however as about the same time my Linear Tube Audio Ultralinear Integrated went in for an extensive upgrade to their Plus version so it is a bit hard to tell what is responsible for the current sound quality. I will say this however. I am getting the best sound that I have achieved in my home since the early 80's when I first went down the audiophile rabbit hole. With my LTA amp, Lampizator Baltic DAC, Spatial speakers and FTA cables the sound is "spooky" good, with a realistic, detailed yet non-fatiguing presentation.

These are all top notch companies and there is a synergy between their equipment.

Reactions: facten

facten

Feb 13, 2022
Tennessee
@mourip - Thank you for taking the time to reply. Glad that you are enjoying your system.

Yakamozan

Jul 23, 2019
Jumping in to this thread as we are offering our beloved Ganymede cable from our "small" showroom, which we closed down after moving to new facilities. The Ganymede in our system, which has Kondo cables throughout on an Aries Cerat system, replaced our Kondo Theme 4.1 cable as it was better in pretty much every area, again, on a complete Kondo cable set up !

Attachments

• IMG_4552.jpeg
    IMG_4552.jpeg
    504 KB · Views: 18

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing