Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
I still use my Stereovox (as per their original name) xv ultra - great spdif cable.

That was what I had before this new Digit 75. The Digit 75 is a nice improvement imho.

ferrox

Jun 16, 2016
Jakarta, Indonesia
www.primes.asia

BlueFox

Member Sponsor
Nov 8, 2013
Back in ancient times when I had a separate file player and DAC, I was amazed at the improvement the Shunyata Anaconda XLR digital bought to the system. Now I am so freaking glad I don't have to deal with digital interconnects, and DAC power cables. It is true I am wedded to the Lumin DAC, but it is so good I haven't had any interest in upgrading the last few years. Good luck with the chase. :)

wig

Apr 1, 2012
@ Lee

Since you have PS Audio Equipment, have you compared IS2 cable verses SPDIF? My understanding is that it's a Much better protocol for digital transmission and I have listened to the Black Cat Silver Star MK II and it's amazing!

Wig

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
@ Lee
Since you have PS Audio Equipment, have you compared IS2 cable verses SPDIF? My understanding is that it's a Much better protocol for digital transmission and I have listened to the Black Cat Silver Star MK II and it's amazing!
Wig

I am a fans of Chris Sommovigo's digital cables too.
The Black Cat Silverstar75 Mk2 is a bargain whereas the Digit75 is a giant-killer!

However, I2S is a much better format than spdif.

I compared the two formats with my MSB UMT Plus transport and IV Plus dac.
No matter which good spdif digital cables were used for connection (the Black Cats, Tellurium Q Silver Diamond ... etc), the ProI2S connection (the Japanese AIM Shieldio NA3 or Vertere HB or Dalby Audio Meda ethernet cables) alway won.

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
The Black Cat Silverstar75 Mk2 is a bargain whereas the Digit75 is a giant-killer!

No matter which good spdif digital cables were used for connection (the Black Cats, Tellurium Q Silver Diamond ... etc), the ProI2S connection (the Japanese AIM Shieldio NA3 or Vertere HB or Dalby Audio Meda ethernet cables) alway won.

I am using mostly the I2S cable for the DirectStream DAC now and it works very well.

Empirical Audio

Industry Expert
Oct 12, 2017
Great Pacific Northwest
www.empiricalaudio.com

This is the right way to make a S/PDIF cable, terminating to BNC connectors and with RCA adapters. If you want to find out how good it really is, I can make jitter measurements on it for you. Just ship it to me and I will return when done. I will post results here. Here are some measurements I made on my own cables and a few others:

https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=154425.0

My own cables are all OCC silver, particularly my Reference, which sells for $499. I have yet to hear a cable better than this one.

Steve N.
Empirical Audio

Empirical Audio

Industry Expert
Oct 12, 2017
Great Pacific Northwest
www.empiricalaudio.com

I have both S/PDIF and I2s (both SE and LVDS/HDMI differential) and using my S/PDIF cable, they sound very close. I use the SE RJ-45 silver I2S cable from Revelation Audio Labs and the silver HDMI cable from PSAudio.

Steve N.
Empirical Audio

wig

Apr 1, 2012
Guys,

Thanks for your responses! I'm working with my Tube DAC Designer to determine if I2S will work on his platform since results could be worthwhile but if not, the Black Cat Digit 75 and Revelations Labs SPDIF will be my next head-to-head comparison since from users are hitting WAY beyond their price-point.

I have listened to several digital cables and the Silver Star MK II blows everything away and Chris definitely is doing something others have not figured out yet! All the other cables sounded glassy and unfocused in comparison.

I would be curious on the jitter aspect of the 75 Digit but I imagine it's very low from my listening observation compared to others.

Thanks,
Wig

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
Guys,
Thanks for your responses! I'm working with my Tube DAC Designer to determine if I2S will work on his platform since results could be worthwhile but if not, the Black Cat Digit 75 and Revelations Labs SPDIF will be my next head-to-head comparison since from users are hitting WAY beyond their price-point.
I have listened to several digital cables and the Silver Star MK II blows everything away and Chris definitely is doing something others have not figured out yet! All the other cables sounded glassy and unfocused in comparison.
I would be curious on the jitter aspect of the 75 Digit but I imagine it's very low from my listening observation compared to others.
Thanks,
Wig

Hello wig,
Pls also take a look of the digital cables of Sablon Audio.
I have heard praising comments about them.
They have both rca and bnc versions.

CK

wig

Apr 1, 2012
@ Lee

Have you tried Revelation Audio Labs digital cables? Very impressive materials, design, craftsmanship and 5N silver...

Thanks,
Wig

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
@ Lee

Have you tried Revelation Audio Labs digital cables? Very impressive materials, design, craftsmanship and 5N silver...

Thanks,
Wig

I have not tried those yet.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing