First sound Mark III preamp

F456GTM

VIP/Donor
Oct 21, 2015
Pinecrest, FL
I am looking for feedback about the First Sound MK III preamplifier designed and built by Emmanuel Go, not "6 Moons tested Audiophile sound" please.

Seems to be very well made but how about the sound?

Cheers,

Attachments

• FirstSound.F.1_resize.jpg
    FirstSound.F.1_resize.jpg
    194.8 KB · Views: 20
  • FirstSound_resize.jpg
    FirstSound_resize.jpg
    485.8 KB · Views: 20
  • 113534cxblkn9eoml7e772_resize.jpg
    113534cxblkn9eoml7e772_resize.jpg
    429.9 KB · Views: 20
  • First-Sound-copper-copy-920x358_resize.jpg
    First-Sound-copper-copy-920x358_resize.jpg
    169.6 KB · Views: 19
I am looking for feedback about the First Sound MK III preamplifier designed and built by Emmanuel Go, not "6 Moons tested Audiophile sound" please.

Seems to be very well made but how about the sound?

Cheers,
Did you eventually get one? If so what do you think of it? I’ve looked on their web site seems there are 8 or 9 variations / incarnations /options....If I were to get one I’d gravitate to simple as possible with the best parts... Do one thing and do it well so to speak...

I have had this preamp for years now. I have all the latest upgrades including the 2 power supplies. I find it nothing short of stunning. I mopped the floor on my Airtigh, Mcintosh and Rogue preamps. And it did as such in the most basic form when I first got it. Since getting it I have added the 2nd power supply and had both upgrades performed. I works best to my ears with Telefunkin E88cc tubes.

The only draw back is no remote for the volume. But it is so nice sounding, I don't find myself needing to get up and down. I set the volume and generally forget about it. I let the music play the way the album was designed.

It will respond to the platform and feet under it.

Emmanuel is a wonderful person and his customer support is excellent.

It has always blended well with any amp I put to it. I have used Altec, Audion, CJ Premier, Allo Volt Plus D. Soon a Legacy iV2.
Rex

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing