First Impressions of the KT-120 Tube

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Myles, if you toast a power tube in the C-J, does it fry anything else, ala ARC? Which amp is this?

No all that happens is that the B+ PS fuse blows. Replace the fuse and replace the tube and you're up and running again.

gryfon

Feb 27, 2013
Hampshire, UK
I thought I'd resurrect this thread as I am getting a set of these tomorrow for my CJ Premier 140.

I was wondering if they are continuing to delight?

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
Hi gryfon, welcome. You ask a good question. In the months since this thread was truly active, I have heard that several manufacturer's are now claiming that the unobtanium SED winged C 6550's are superior to the KT120's. Among them is Ken Stevens of CAT fame. I can't say if this is true or not as I haven't had enough experience with the KT120's, however, I do greatly respect Ken's thoughts on these matters.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing