Ethernet tweak

branokantor

Apr 30, 2023
At first glance, your diagram looks like a good starting point.
In my experience equipment at the 'dirty' side is less influential on sound quality so you can generally get away with more ordinary stuff.
When choosing the Teradak 212 SFP version your cables need to be chosen along with the SFP you choose to use with it. This also affects the choice of converter at the 'dirty' side, because they need to play together...

Cheers, Hans.
Thanks for the quick response. I also thought about the 211 version, but there everything is together in one chamber, which means a greater possibility of influencing EMI (for both types, I can imagine a better LPS implemented).

I'm really sorry, but can you tell me more simply, or give specific types or examples?

InfigoAudio

Industry Expert
Jun 14, 2022
Kelowna, BC, Canada
www.infigoaudio.com
Thanks for the quick response. I also thought about the 211 version, but there everything is together in one chamber, which means a greater possibility of influencing EMI (for both types, I can imagine a better LPS implemented).

I'm really sorry, but can you tell me more simply, or give specific types or examples?

Page one of this topic has already a lot of examples. The Teradak unit basically puts a linear power supply, the optical converter and an upgraded clock module all in one enclosure, but other than that it is very similar to my setup which has these parts in separate enclosures. I simply upgraded the clock by replacing the built in crystal for a better oscillator. Works magic.

Hans.

Reactions: Republicoftexas69

branokantor

Apr 30, 2023
Page one of this topic has already a lot of examples. The Teradak unit basically puts a linear power supply, the optical converter and an upgraded clock module all in one enclosure, but other than that it is very similar to my setup which has these parts in separate enclosures. I simply upgraded the clock by replacing the built in crystal for a better oscillator. Works magic.

Hans.
ok i'll check it out Hans.

Brano

Republicoftexas69

I have been very pleased with the TeraDak T-S212 in my system. I am adding an additional filter the English Electric EE1 on the dirty side ahead of the T-S212 to see how this effect the noise floor (if at all) . @ $295.00 USD it is a fairly inexpensive experiment and with I will have a 30 day return window.

branokantor

Apr 30, 2023
Hi Brano

I think you can use this cable (DC 5,5 mm x 2,5 mm)

I have been using it my switch and my router

But, check what is needed with your Innuos.

Torben
your wiring diagram is fantastically accurate and you make our work easier by finding out and trying
(of course one cannot avoid this, but one can narrow down the selection to verified information)

If I were to make a combination of your info + my intention:
LevelOne GVT-2000 + battery + 2xfinisar + commscope teraspeed os2 + teradak t212 ... so I could achieve good results?

Brano

branokantor

Apr 30, 2023
I have been very pleased with the TeraDak T-S212 in my system. I am adding an additional filter the English Electric EE1 on the dirty side ahead of the T-S212 to see how this effect the noise floor (if at all) . @ $295.00 USD it is a fairly inexpensive experiment and with I will have a 30 day return window.
Hi,
That's great, that's what I wanted to hear.
What opto converter do you have before the Teradak 212?

Brano

Republicoftexas69

Last edited:
Reactions: branokantor

branokantor

Apr 30, 2023
This is my setup:

View attachment 120905

I don't use Teradak 212.

Torben
Hi Torben,

the more I research the issue and your diagram, the more I start to like your solution.
Is it possible to use FMC LevelOne GVT 2000 on both sides without losing quality?
Respectively, why did you use Cisco Meraki Go GS110-8 on the dirty side?
Are your devices upgraded? For example, a better clock or so?

Brano

Reactions: TRHH

TRHH

Nov 14, 2022
Hi Torben,

the more I research the issue and your diagram, the more I start to like your solution.
Is it possible to use FMC LevelOne GVT 2000 on both sides without losing quality?

Brano

Hi Brano

There is no need to use it on both sides. I don't know why you want do that.

No, I don't use a better clock, no need for that.

Just make sure your have a GOOD Ethernet cable on the last mile - from FMC to streamer/DAC

Torben

Republicoftexas69

Hi Torben,

Brano
More boxes are not always the answer. Prefer to simplify the chain with quality components. What is the issue you are having.

branokantor

Apr 30, 2023
Hi Brano

There is no need to use it on both sides. I don't know why you want do that.

No, I don't use a better clock, no need for that.

Just make sure your have a GOOD Ethernet cable on the last mile - from FMC to streamer/DAC

Torben
My goal is to deliver a cleaner, better signal to streamers. At the moment I only have a direct connection: router - streamer. I want to include a device to improve the signal: router - SOMETHING - streamer. And I like the DIY home solution. That's why I ask and find out the possibilities and experiences of other members, what actually works and what they have verified and tried.
For example, I was looking at our devices that are in your lineup. Some are hard to find (I don't know why...they are standard things). So I have to find some alternatives, but of the same quality.

Brano

TRHH

Nov 14, 2022
My goal is to deliver a cleaner, better signal to streamers. At the moment I only have a direct connection: router - streamer. I want to include a device to improve the signal: router - SOMETHING - streamer. And I like the DIY home solution. That's why I ask and find out the possibilities and experiences of other members, what actually works and what they have verified and tried.
For example, I was looking at our devices that are in your lineup. Some are hard to find (I don't know why...they are standard things). So I have to find some alternatives, but of the same quality.

Brano
Hi Brano

Just let me know what you can't find and I will see if I can help you.

Have to go now - I am back online tomorrow.

Torben

Republicoftexas69

Brano
Where are you located??

branokantor

Apr 30, 2023
Hi Brano

Just let me know what you can't find and I will see if I can help you.

Have to go now - I am back online tomorrow.

Torben
hi guys,
would this also be a solution? My Internet signal provider told me that it does not support any device that has both optical input and output. BUT ... if I could find a smart IT guy who is a pro, he might be able to configure the new streamer to make it work.

teradak schema.jpg

InfigoAudio

Industry Expert
Jun 14, 2022
Kelowna, BC, Canada
www.infigoaudio.com
hi guys,
would this also be a solution? My Internet signal provider told me that it does not support any device that has both optical input and output. BUT ... if I could find a smart IT guy who is a pro, he might be able to configure the new streamer to make it work.

View attachment 121034

No, this would not be a good solution.
You do not want to connect your Teradak straight to the internet like that, with no way to reach it from your internal network because of your router having a separate network.
Also, this would make your ISP have to supply 2 IPs which most of them don't do or charge you more.
IMHO it is best to stick with your original plan.

Cheers, Hans.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing