Entreq Tellus grounding

i know its off topic but what did you do/have to get over regarding your room?

Started listening in the dark. No, seriously, invested in a power stabilizer with ups. There are many power outages where I live.
(Spaciente, Paolo, soltanto per una volta, OK?)

+1000
just confirms which Entreq is system dependent.

I am convinced that it is, because this afternoon I heaved the Olympos over to my sec. system and tried it first on my Atma-Spere pre with neither a positive or negative effect. There was a pos effect however when tried it with the digital side of the setup. The interesting part here is the fact, that I have not so far star grounded this system

I am convinced that it is, because this afternoon I heaved the Olympos over to my sec. system and tried it first on my Atma-Spere pre with neither a positive or negative effect. There was a pos effect however when tried it with the digital side of the setup. The interesting part here is the fact, that I have not so far star grounded this system
Hi, are you letting it settle? 2-3 days connected should suffice . If you only put it in this afternoon, it's too early to reach an assessment . Happy Listening .

Sorry to read of your disappointing experience with the Poseidon which is very different from my own experiences but not seeking to start an argument with you and I am not familiar with the components in your system.
I just wonder though if you tried using the Poseidon connected to the negative speaker terminals of your amps. That particular application has been very successful in my system ( full details on my profile) and on others,

Interesting. Do you have any explanation for that?

By the way, I tried an all out assault with an Olympos Tellus on my four chassis Lamm pre, as well as the three chassis phono pre, grounding their respective 2 power supplie as well on their grounding posts. I had first measured the main units to ascertain that chassis ground was tied to signal ground. The result could not have been more clear: The music distorted terribly. At first I thought my cart had suddenly given up the ghost. Not so. I repented remorsefully and decided on a more careful less juvenile approach. I finally ended up with the main units of both the pre and the phono attached with Atlantis. The effect wasn't bad, but to tell the truth I was not bowled over.( I have star gounding for my system on dedicated lines ) Had also thought of trying the Poseidons, but your post and what I had experienced with the Olympus has put me off for now, especially because there is no dealer here where I live, so loans are not possible.

It may well be that Entreq does not suit your system unlike my own and many others and I am not familiar with Lamms other than by their good reputation.
I am not entirely clear however how you connected it all up to your Lamm system. Was it to the inputs on the pre and power amps and to the inputs of your sources which normally yields good results, and as Jazzhead has asked did you give it time to settle on the second attempt?
Not trying to hassle you. Just curious.

Thank you Jazzhead, will keep that in mind and let it settle.
Barry, thought of trying that in a next step. If only the damned thing weren' so heavy.:p
Spaz, you're more than right about stubbed toes:mad:

Thank you Jazzhead, will keep that in mind and let it settle.
Barry, thought of trying that in a next step. If only the damned thing weren' so heavy.:p
Spaz, you're more than right about stubbed toes:mad:

Yes I know what you mean and that's without having tried the Olympus Tellus.
It is worth persevering though and hopefully your efforts will be rewarded as mine were.

Yes I know what you mean and that's without having tried the Olympus Tellus.
It is worth persevering though and hopefully your efforts will be rewarded as mine were.

Barry, sorry I forgot in my previous post: i used the inputs on my Lamm pre for both channels and on the Lamm phono, which has a grounding post ( in parallel with its inner grounding ) I used an Atlantis as well. As I had said, with this hook up I did like the results.
I am certainly putting the Olympos back into this system and am thinking as I write, also possibly because that thing is so huge, it might even take more time to settle in than the other units. We'll see.

Barry, sorry I forgot in my previous post: i used the inputs on my Lamm pre for both channels and on the Lamm phono, which has a grounding post ( in parallel with its inner grounding ) I used an Atlantis as well. As I had said, with this hook up I did like the results.
I am certainly putting the Olympos back into this system and am thinking as I write, also possibly because that thing is so huge, it might even take more time to settle in than the other units. We'll see.

Thanks for that.
The Tellus boxes are intended for signal grounding. As I said earlier not familiar with Lamms but normally one earth cable to an input on the pre should suffice and similarly one to a (each) power amp.The ground post on my Townshend Rock V is also grounded with an Apollo earth cable and that works very well for me.
You can't use the Olympus Tellus for amp negative speaker terminal grounding which requires a Poseidon or two Minis but that has been one if not the most successful application in my system.
The manual/guide on the Entreq site is helpful if you have not looked at it already.
Do let us know how it all goes. Sometimes it does require some experimentation to find the optimum application for any system but it is rare for it not to be worthwhile.
And do take your time and care not to do yourself an injury!

Thank you Barry. However I still fail to see in what way " signal grounding" really differs from chassis grounding, because in more cases than not, at least in the gear that I own, the signal ground is tied to chassis ground. I have checked this with a digital meter. So it should really make no difference if you used some point on the chassis or an input on the pre with gear like that. Have you ever tried that?

Thank you Detlof.
I have never used Entreq for chassis grounding. I recall that somewhere earlier in this thread there was some discussion about using Entreq for chassis grounding but I don't recall it finding much favour.
There is I am sure a good reason for that but I would need to check that out and let you know.

Thank you Barry. However I still fail to see in what way " signal grounding" really differs from chassis grounding, because in more cases than not, at least in the gear that I own, the signal ground is tied to chassis ground. I have checked this with a digital meter. So it should really make no difference if you used some point on the chassis or an input on the pre with gear like that. Have you ever tried that?

You right, I tried it, there was no difference and no improvement.

Thanks Spaz and Dan.
It's useful to know that it didn't work in your systems.
Happily it has worked very well in mine and many others.
The obvious conclusion is try before you buy and generally Entreq dealers are willing to let people do that so people shouldn't lose out by trying Entreq.

Well contrary to my original scepticism, mainly caused by this idea of " signal grounding" which I find more than questionable for reasons already stated, I can now happily report that these things work. I was simply too impatient. They need much time to settle in. There was not much change in the soundstage, probably because this is one element the Lamms are truly exceptional in, but there was a definite improvement in one of the for me most important aspects of music reproduction: Bloom and air around instruments! I truly hope, returning from a live event and sitting in front of my rig, it will drive me a tad less up the wall from now on or wanting to smash it all up. The life of this music lover and -alas- also audiophile has become a little less hard. That said, i think I'll give the Poseidons a try.

Well contrary to my original scepticism, mainly caused by this idea of " signal grounding" which I find more than questionable for reasons already stated, I can now happily report that these things work. I was simply too impatient. They need much time to settle in. There was not much change in the soundstage, probably because this is one element the Lamms are truly exceptional in, but there was a definite improvement in one of the for me most important aspects of music reproduction: Bloom and air around instruments! I truly hope, returning from a live event and sitting in front of my rig, it will drive me a tad less up the wall or wanting to smash it all up. The life of this music lover and -alas- also audiophile has become a little less hard. That said, i think I'll give the Poseidons a try.

Wow...its always great to hear from the skeptics who dont believe, who critique and question...and then persist in trying for themselves to really figure out the bottom line. Bravo on the persistence...and congrats on the great results...look forward to hearing your views on the mighty Poseidon!

IMG_0214.JPG
Wow...its always great to hear from the skeptics who dont believe, who critique and question...and then persist in trying for themselves to really figure out the bottom line. Bravo on the persistence...and congrats on the great results...look forward to hearing your views on the mighty Poseidon!

Thanks for your kind words and yes, audiophilia nervosa climbing higher and higher (this front end is separate from the room where I listen):D

Love the look !! And good on ya to isolate the OT , sure does help . Try some damping on top , once it fully beds in . Is that a Wavac casing I see , extreme left of pic . Cheers !

Great to hear

Well contrary to my original scepticism, mainly caused by this idea of " signal grounding" which I find more than questionable for reasons already stated, I can now happily report that these things work. I was simply too impatient. They need much time to settle in. There was not much change in the soundstage, probably because this is one element the Lamms are truly exceptional in, but there was a definite improvement in one of the for me most important aspects of music reproduction: Bloom and air around instruments! I truly hope, returning from a live event and sitting in front of my rig, it will drive me a tad less up the wall from now on or wanting to smash it all up. The life of this music lover and -alas- also audiophile has become a little less hard. That said, i think I'll give the Poseidons a try.

Good to hear the Entreq has settled in and have to admire how you stuck with it and are now getting the benefits. Mike AD

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing