Entreq Tellus grounding

Simone

Jun 16, 2017
https://www.audiotherapyuk.com/2019/02/28/all-new-entreq-ground-boxes-due-out-soon/

All new Entreq Ground Boxes due out soon!
Entreq have just announced the imminent arrival of 3 new ground boxes to their range. They are the Minimus Infinity (£380), the Silver Minimus Infinity (£600) and the Silver Tellus Infinity (£2100).
Visually they look identical to the original Minimus, Silver Minimus and Silver Tellus, but these new boxes are utilising a lot of the grounding technology that they have championed in the Olympus 10 and the Olympus Infinity.
Each of the new boxes is substantially more capable than their predecessors, the new Minimus Infinity is more effective than a Silver Minimus for example. Plus, the new boxes are much more adept at having multiple items connected to them at once. All of the ground boxes perform better with less on them, but on the new Minimus and Silver Minimus you can easily hang 2 or 3 items on the back with no real loss of performance. Digital and analogue grounds should ideally be get separate as always.
The big change with the new models comes with the Silver Tellus Infinity. The previous Silver Tellus has 4 posts on the back all of which were shared – this meant the Silver Tellus had a huge capacity, but you couldn’t ground anything independently on it, so noisy routers or USB cables were not really possible. On the new Silver Tellus there is still 4 posts, but now only 3 of them are shared, the 4th post is completely independent so it can used to ground something on its own. This adds so much flexibility and when connected up to a system in the right way it will deliver a lot more performance and it’s something that isn’t difficult to demonstrate on a half decent system. The single post is superior to a Silver Minimus Infinity, but not quite an Olympus 10.
Stock of the new boxes in due in over the 2 to 3 weeks and we anticipate the initial batch of boxes will not last long. Part exchanging an old ground box for one of the new models is possible. Please get in touch to find out how much it would cost to swap.
Few examples presuming the ground box being part exchanged is in unmarked condition and in original packaging
Minimus to Minimus Infinity £200 to change
Silver Minimus to Silver Minimus Infinity £320 to change
Silver Tellus to Silver Tellus Infinity £1100 to change

Simone

Jun 16, 2017
Meanwhile we've changed monoamp grounding from Tellus II to Silver Tellus Infinity. Wow-effect. But it took some days of break in ! Now bigger sound and more ease. We've never had better piano sound than now. Really awesome.

llsaw

Feb 25, 2016
I use the RCA digital input for my Apollo earth on my DCS Scarlatti transport and dual aes so what you propose should be fine for the CH Precision.
Let us know how it goes.

Thanks Barry. I just received my CH Precision D1 a month back. Am currently running it in and will try the Entreq once it is fully run in.

nonesup

VIP/Donor
Feb 15, 2017
Spain
Next Friday, according to Fedex, an Olympus Infinity will arrive. According to Per Olov it is the best box he has ever made. I'm excited.

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
That's great.
Will look forward to reading about it.
Take care of your back when installing it. I can still remember how heavy my Olympus Tellus was when I got that home.

nonesup

VIP/Donor
Feb 15, 2017
Spain
Well, this has the same size and weight as the Olympus Minimus (which will replace), so it is a manageable weight. It has two poles but communicated internally (not like the Poseidon), however Per Olov tells me wonders about him.

nonesup

VIP/Donor
Feb 15, 2017
Spain
The Olympus Infinity arrived on Friday. I'm not a good audio descriptor, but I can say WOW! with capital letters. I do not know what Per Olof has done, but it's much better than the Olympus Minimus (Poseidon / 3). I had never had treble so clean and lacking "digital stress". The texture and the orchestral weight are magnificent. I do not know, my team just sounds a lot better. In. how much can I buy a second box.

nonesup

VIP/Donor
Feb 15, 2017
Spain
It has two poles.
After several tests: Melco first post and second post Kassandra.

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
Thank you Francisco
Seems very tempting.
Are you using your previous earthing cables or did you get a pair of the Olympus Infinity earth cables to go with it?
Previous ground boxes have usually taken a while to reach their full potential so I will be interested to know if further improvements become apparent after it has fully settled in.
Enjoy!
Barry

nonesup

VIP/Donor
Feb 15, 2017
Spain
I have an Eartha Olympus Infinity, but it's RJ45. The two Eartha that go to new box, are Apollo Infinity. The idea is to change them by Olympus Infinity progressively.

nonesup

VIP/Donor
Feb 15, 2017
Spain
I had promised myself to wait a bit before buying a second Olympus Infinity, but it's just so good, I could not resist and I overcame the temptation by falling into it :)

nonesup

VIP/Donor
Feb 15, 2017
Spain
I already asked PO before buying the first Olympus Infinity. He told me that for technical reasons there will not be a Poseidon Infinity (he did not explain which ones). However he quietly told me a novelty for summer .....

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing