Engström - new UK distributor

GuillaumeB

VIP/Donor
Mar 10, 2014
UK
www.boyeraudio.com
Really excited to announce that my company, The Shunyata Distribution Company, has just been appointed UK distributor for Engström.

We have always been blown away by the sound of their amplifiers so this is a great honour. We have ordered a couple of ARNE integrated amplifiers and will start doing the rounds with these. If anyone is interested in hearing these then please contact your dealer. 126297563_2065181406951762_6742734225638390074_n.jpg

Cheers,

Guillaume

heihei

VIP/Donor
Jul 24, 2017
Great news and congrats! Look forward to hearing these.

GuillaumeB

VIP/Donor
Mar 10, 2014
UK
www.boyeraudio.com
The brand new Engström ERIC ENCORE has just landed in the UK!!!

This is the mk2 version using 845 tubes and featuring other improvements under the hood.

We plan on demonstrating this in our dealer network in the coming weeks.

More details to follow…

Cheers,

Guillaume

howiebrou

Jun 29, 2012
The brand new Engström ERIC ENCORE has just landed in the UK!!!

This is the mk2 version using 845 tubes and featuring other improvements under the hood.

We plan on demonstrating this in our dealer network in the coming weeks.

More details to follow…

Cheers,

Guillaume
Photos please.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Reactions: GuillaumeB

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
The Arn? is a lovely Amp, even better when driven via a quality external pre.
Any 300b comparisons?
Takatsuki Vs Elrogs?

GuillaumeB

VIP/Donor
Mar 10, 2014
UK
www.boyeraudio.com
The Arn? is a lovely Amp, even better when driven via a quality external pre.
Any 300b comparisons?
Takatsuki Vs Elrogs?
Cheers! Yes I have been told this by others including Engström. Am looking forward to driving it with the MONICA Mk3 which arrives hopefully in the not too distant future… it’s been a bloody long wait with all these supply chain delays! The LARS monoblocks are also on order.
I have compared KR to Emission Labs to ELROG this far, with ELROG my clear favourite. I have the Takatsuki on order so will definitely report back.
The more I live with this amp the more I enjoy it, it definitely improved noticeably over a few hundred hours. For a 30W 300B amp it has ridiculous grip and dynamics and is remarkable in its speed and clarity.

Cheers,

Guillaume

Reactions: bonzo75

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
Elrog different to the traditional 300b characteristics , more neutral would you say?

Agree with you on grip and clarity, coupled with a very emotive delivery once warmed up , gets me in the zone..... And I'm using bog standard JJs, awaiting the arrival of better tubes. Would like to give the Elrogs a go sometime soon.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Cheers! Yes I have been told this by others including Engström. Am looking forward to driving it with the MONICA Mk3 which arrives hopefully in the not too distant future… it’s been a bloody long wait with all these supply chain delays! The LARS monoblocks are also on order.
I have compared KR to Emission Labs to ELROG this far, with ELROG my clear favourite. I have the Takatsuki on order so will definitely report back.
The more I live with this amp the more I enjoy it, it definitely improved noticeably over a few hundred hours. For a 30W 300B amp it has ridiculous grip and dynamics and is remarkable in its speed and clarity.

Cheers,

Guillaume

On two different alieno I preferred elrog to KR and KR to takatsuki, psvane, and emission labs mesh. Takatsuki was dense mids color, and forward stage. KR and elrog were more neutral, elrog more than KR, and concert hall ambience and recordings changes were more with elrog. The staging with me was slightly more forward but not as much as Tak

GuillaumeB

VIP/Donor
Mar 10, 2014
UK
www.boyeraudio.com
Elrog different to the traditional 300b characteristics , more neutral would you say?

Agree with you on grip and clarity, coupled with a very emotive delivery once warmed up , gets me in the zone..... And I'm using bog standard JJs, awaiting the arrival of better tubes. Would like to give the Elrogs a go sometime soon.

I haven’t heard the JJ so can’t really comment. I know most of the reviewers seemed to prefer the Emission Labs.

To my ears the ELROG just sounded better, almost like the amplifier had a bit more authority and stronger tonal colours. More of everything. They definitely didn’t make the sound warmer.

I ran my TV through it for a few weeks watching many Netflix etc movies, the speed of this amplifier is really quite something! At times I felt like I had a better sound compared to my previous house where I had a full movie room setup… crazy I know. I just didn’t expect this from a 300B amp. As you can imagine I can’t wait to hear the LARS in my setup.

Cheers,

Guillaume

GuillaumeB

VIP/Donor
Mar 10, 2014
UK
www.boyeraudio.com
Nice! Balanced input as well.
Thanks! Yes it‘s a fully balanced design. There is a also a direct input which bypasses the input transformer (if you have a preamp with output transformer such as the MONICA), this only works with an XLR cable.

Cheers,

Guillaume

GuillaumeB

VIP/Donor
Mar 10, 2014
UK
www.boyeraudio.com
What changes for the encore version other than T100 tubes becoming 845?
I think a few things had to be reworked and optimised for the 845 tubes, with the overall results sonically superior. I don’t have many more details I’m afraid and it’s holiday season in Sweden. Will report back!

Cheers,

Guillaume

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
Thanks! Yes it‘s a fully balanced design. There is a also a direct input which bypasses the input transformer (if you have a preamp with output transformer such as the MONICA), this only works with an XLR cable.

Cheers,

Guillaume
I am driving it via the Balanced input via the Koda 15ex , so is the input bypass transformer automatically by passed? Got the Takatsuki tubes ... Like a friend said.... "Pure Zen"

Reactions: the sound of Tao

GuillaumeB

VIP/Donor
Mar 10, 2014
UK
www.boyeraudio.com
I am driving it via the Balanced input via the Koda 15ex , so is the input bypass transformer automatically by passed? Got the Takatsuki tubes ... Like a friend said.... "Pure Zen"
Do you mean on the ARNE? If so no…

I was referring to the ERIC ENCORE, this has a switch at the back where you can select between RCA, XLR and Direct. With “Direct” you bypass the input transformer.

Yes I am still waiting on my Takasuki tubes, can’t wait to try these! A big improvement on the JJ?

Cheers,

Guillaume

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing