End of Humanity?

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
I didn't say you should, first because you shouldn't, and two I was simply asking.
In the movie, Aliens invaded our planet, so it could have ended humanity...that was one of the direct connections with this short article from Stephen Hawking.

It's true that I am aware that you aren't a big movie buff, but I still asked just in case.
______

Now, we are quite advanced in technology; big new telescopes to observe and hear deep into the universe, in search of Artificial Intelligence, Aliens from faraway stars/planets of other galaxies. Also we are quite advanced in modern weaponry and nuclear energy, also in geology and chemistry. We have the power to create and destruct. We can even annihilate ourselves if not prudent. We are @ the threshold of advanced science in robotic machinery; cars that drive themselves, automation on a larger scale.
We can replicate objects in 3-dimensional form and they are fully operational. We can program robots that are more advanced, more intelligent than the average human, than most humans.
We get better and better @ it, and the search for AI will never end till the end of our world as we know it. It's in the human nature of man.

We might get all type of warnings about many possibilities of human, Earth's extinction, but the average man is not preoccupied by a better and healthier future for the human race and by a well balanced planet beneficial for humans and wildlife and forests and oceans and temperatures and man-made Earth's ozone/atmosphere; children, women, men and planet Earth. The only way, IMO, to take serious notice, is to be @ the precipice of mass destruction...the planet's natural balance with all life living on it. And I hope it won't be too late when we finally do.

Sure, us right now in these times and space we can only theorize and gain more experience so that we can alert future generations. History is important, and true history is the only option in advancement. It is through history that we can ameliorate ourselves, if and when we seriously take the time to do something about what's coming. Nobody knows for sure, but we sure have few ideas based on how we behave through history and among all nations. Awareness of past and present mistakes, the will and the doing to rectify, to restore, to do what's right, is the smart way to preserve and equalize today and tomorrow, IMO. ...For the better of our beautiful blue planet which provides us with life...clean airs, clean waters...consequently uncontaminated food...vegetables, meats and fishes.

People like Einstein and Hawking we need to listen to them, and to few others too...very intelligent people. ...I think.

About you Kal, what's your view on all of this, and beyond? Processed and contaminated soil, air, food...good for us?
Looking to develop super advanced robots that can protect us from future invaders, a good way to prepare for the future?
Because we'll never stop looking and listening further and further into the universe. ...And developing more and more robots to replace humanity. ...In a free form of realistic speech.

From a scientific approach, and certainly not from a political aspect because of the extremely limited control that leading men and women have in their very very very narrow and selfish views.

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing