Drops of God series on Apple TV+ and audiophiles

godofwealth

Feb 8, 2022
Just finished watching Drops of God on Apple TV. I won’t discuss the whole story so no spoiler alert. But it’s all about the intricacies of wine tasting, set in lovely vineyards in France, Italy and the city of Tokyo. At the heart is the competition to win 87,000 bottles of wine — the world’s most exclusive wine collection with an estimated street value of $150 million 1686238221664.jpeg

What’s interesting is being able to pinpoint a wine’s vintage and brand from one whiff of its smell, its color and taste. That got me thinking. Is this true for audiophiles?

Could you identify a DAC, a preamp or amp, or a speaker blind from one short listening session?

jazdoc

Member Sponsor
Aug 7, 2010
Bellevue
Just finished. Excellent show

marty

Apr 20, 2010
United States
I thought it was the best thing on TV last year. I cannot believe it wasn't nominated for an Emmy.
BTW You don't have to be a wine lover or know a thing about wine to appreciate the story as the story really isn't about wine.

Last edited:

exupgh12

Jul 30, 2019
Great show, we very much enjoyed watching it.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing